If you left early, how do you feel today?

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If people left early, it was a very small percentage.  I'm sure they feel stupid, but there weren't many.  What was surprising was how early people started booing the team.  

not to me..with the Chiefs' history of fucking shit up  in the playoffs it will take bit to shake the impending doom feeling off.. games like this last one will go a long way into accomplishing  that.. a trip and strong performance in the SB  should all but quell it..50 years of no SB appearances after soo many HFA seasons has away of permeating  one's soul

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

If people left early, it was a very small percentage.  I'm sure they feel stupid, but there weren't many.  What was surprising was how early people started booing the team.  

Not to me.  As bad as this team looked early, it was literally all self inflicted wounds, drops, blown coverage.  There's a big difference between getting beat and beating yourself, and the Chiefs were doing the latter for the entire first quarter.  Thank god they settled down and stopped self sabotaging. 

39 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

they booed the easy drops, IIRC

I would never pay that much to go to a playoff game and parking and drinks and all that and then leave. I understand the people that paid that money feel like they’re going to torture the team doesn’t wake up, but it’s too much money to not commit to staying. I mean, even if we didn’t have a chance, we would have to know that there are garbage time points to be scored. It wouldn’t make up for losing, but it’s not like it’s guaranteed to stay bland.

When I was a kid, I went to the Denver Nuggets game against Utah Jazz were at the Jazz were down by 36 points. They came back and won. I told my uncle at half time the Jazz would win because they had cut the 36 point lead down to 28 or something.

1 minute ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I would never pay that much to go to a playoff game and parking and drinks and all that and then leave. I understand the people that paid that money feel like they’re going to torture the team doesn’t wake up, but it’s too much money to not commit to staying. I mean, even if we didn’t have a chance, we would have to know that there are garbage time points to be scored. It wouldn’t make up for losing, but it’s not like it’s guaranteed to stay bland.

When I was a kid, I went to the Denver Nuggets game against Utah Jazz were at the Jazz were down by 36 points. They came back and won. I told my uncle at half time the Jazz would win because they had cut the 36 point lead down to 28 or something.

Some people go to the parking lot just for the tailgating without tickets to the game.  They used to stay in the parking lot and either listen on the radio or watch TV.  Now they are required to leave.  It's not impossible that some of the traffic were those kinds, although I'm sure some people were ready to call it a game.  We have them in the game day threads here. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

That's the team dropping them.  Kelce, Hill, Robinson with a couple.  I understand you're frustrated, but booing the 4 time division champs in the first quarter of a playoff game seemed a little stupid. 

Yes, especially when the reason we were down 24 to nothing was not due to interceptions or fumbles by the offense. And I dislike lazy route running or unnecessary improvisation more than drops.

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

That's the team dropping them.  Kelce, Hill, Robinson with a couple.  I understand you're frustrated, but booing the 4 time division champs in the first quarter of a playoff game seemed a little stupid. 

from my perspective watching on tv, people didn't boo early on... they started booing when we were down 21-0, couldn't do anything right, and were still dropping passes that PM was putting right into the breadbasket

I get the boos... these folks paid a lot of money for season tickets, some have had them for decades... and considering our home playoff record...

I ain't gonna blame them... I don't pay money to support the team... I watch for free from my warm living room close to affordable beer

Somewhat related:  In 1995, the Chiefs won every home game but a lot of them were nail biters where Vanover ran back a kick or a last minute TD won the game.  In spite of that, a man and his wife who sat three seats over from ours ALWAYS got up with five minutes on the clock and left for the parking lot.  We finally asked them why not see the dramatic finishes.  They said they just wanted to beat the crowd out of the parking lots.  Why pay all that money to attend games and not watch the outcomes?  Never understood it. 

4 minutes ago, mex said:

from my perspective watching on tv, people didn't boo early on... they started booing when we were down 21-0, couldn't do anything right, and were still dropping passes that PM was putting right into the breadbasket

I get the boos... these folks paid a lot of money for season tickets, some have had them for decades... and considering our home playoff record... can't blame them one bit

We were down 21-0 very early on.  I'm a season ticket holder and have been for a long time and turning on the team in the first quarter seems dumb to me. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Somewhat related:  In 1995, the Chiefs won every home game but a lot of them were nail biters where Vanover ran back a kick or a last minute TD won the game.  In spite of that, a man and his wife who sat three seats over from ours ALWAYS got up with five minutes on the clock and left for the parking lot.  We finally asked them why not see the dramatic finishes.  They said they just wanted to beat the crowd out of the parking lots.  Why pay all that money to attend games and not watch the outcomes?  Never understood it. 

That's insane.  When I was a regular in the 90s, we would just sit in the parking lot until traffic cleared out.  Of course my friend's dad was friends with Derrick Thomas's mother, so we go to eat in the tent after the game with the players.  If I'm that worried about traffic, I'd wait for it to clear before I'd leave early and miss part of the game, especially those dramatic finishes in 95.  

4 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That's insane.  When I was a regular in the 90s, we would just sit in the parking lot until traffic cleared out.  Of course my friend's dad was friends with Derrick Thomas's mother, so we go to eat in the tent after the game with the players.  If I'm that worried about traffic, I'd wait for it to clear before I'd leave early and miss part of the game, especially those dramatic finishes in 95.  

I live 4.5 hours from the stadium.  With work and school on Monday mornings, sometimes it doesn't make sense to stay til the end of the game and add 2 hours to your travel depending on your situation.  I left yesterday with the game clearly in hand with a little less than 5 minutes to go and got home around midnight.  If I watched the last 5 minutes it literally might have been 2 AM.

48 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

There was a thread about the NE loss and quotes on it how dumb and entitled their fans are for booing them etc. Same thing here but we dont have 6 SB rings, yet, and still playing the best stretch any of us have ever seen. Imagine when some of these fans get that entitlement feeling.....

Anyone that walked out on this QB should be permanately banned. With the exception of Bad Luck Chuck. He left because his friends day he's got the worst luck ever and if we wanted any chance to come back, he had to leave. He made a VLOG of him leaving the game and explaining why and now that's gone viral. People have literally been sending him money not to go next week. Pretty funny. I can at least respect leaving for this reason (although it had nothing to do with anything)

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Anyone that walked out on this QB should be permanately banned. With the exception of Bad Luck Chuck. He left because his friends day he's got the worst luck ever and if we wanted any chance to come back, he had to leave. He made a VLOG of him leaving the game and explaining why and now that's gone viral. People have literally been sending him money not to go next week. Pretty funny. I can at least respect leaving for this reason (although it had nothing to do with anything)

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

We were down 21-0 very early on.  I'm a season ticket holder and have been for a long time and turning on the team in the first quarter seems dumb to me. 

Hell they were down 14 to NE starting the 3rd Qtr in the AFC Championship Game last year and down 16 the middle of the 2nd Qtr against the Rams. To think THIS team can't come back from any deficit, especially an early deficit is inexcusable.

Like some in here I've followed the Chiefs from the moment they arrived in KC and yes they have given fans a reason to doubt but that was pre-Mahomes and pre-THIS team. You don't doubt the team if their losing early, save your doubts and concerns when they have to stop a good offense at the end of a game. However, they have gotten better. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Generational. Nobody in their right mine would want any other QB than him. They'll give the MVP to Jackson but we know.

Today’s speak for yourself was awful.

schlereth said he’s not the best player. Not the best qb.

then someone went on to say the same 

only tony g agreed with Whitlock 

I wouldn’t leave the game in person. The only game I’ve seen in person at Arrowhead was that awful 2012 year. But I did turn away from the TV for a bit. It just looked like another dumb Chiefs game at home in the divisional round. Hopefully that craptastic start will be the thing that gets them over the hump.

I can't understand leaving that early at all.  Alex Smith once led a 21 point comeback in the second half, maybe it was just the 4th quarter?  And we got burned with a 28 point lead in the 2nd half.  If you're a true fan you have to wait AT LEAST that long.

The booing, I understand that a little more.  No excuse for the lack of focus the team displayed with the drops and other miscues.  The way I see it, if it affects the team at all, it either pushes them further into despair or it lights a fire.  Might be worth the risk, I dunno.