Same old Chiefs?

I didn't get on the board during the game. Went back and read the comments later. Kinda disappointed in some of the comments for the game thread. It was brutal early on. The one comment that really stunned me was the notion "this is the same old Chiefs!"

How is that even a thing? Under Reid we have never had a losing season. 4 AFC West titles in a row. Prior to this our record in a row was 1. This is the 1st time we have won a playoff game in consecutive years ever. Back to back AFCCG appearances.  It's all due to Andy Reid and now Patrick Mahomes. This team isn't perfect...but never count them out. We aren't used to having a team like that. GET USED TO IT!! 

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Pretty easy.....Same Ole Chiefs, there has been plenty of times when we should of won but didn’t.

Wrong Balto. Same old Chiefs would have folded like a cheap card table being down 24-0. Jaded doesn't even begin to describe your response. Respect your opinion...but totally disagree. Every team loses games they are supposed to win. It's called the NFL.

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Wrong Balto.

What's new?

People who are always looking towards the future (evidence by all his post about trades or cuts going forward) or living in the past (evidence by believing that this is the same ol Chiefs) often misses out on the present (evidence,  hosting back-to-back AFC Championship Games with a very good chance of advancing to the SB).

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What's new?

People who are always looking towards the future (evidence by all his post about trades or cuts going forward) or living in the past (evidence by believing that this is the same ol Chiefs) often misses out on the present (evidence,  hosting back-to-back AFC Championship Games with a very good chance of advancing to the SB).

Yep. I mean Mahomes has been our starter for 2 seasons. At minimum he has led this team to the AFCCG each time. You can't get to a SB if you can't get here. If you keep kicking the door eventually you kick it in. Mahomes will have us at the door many times in his career. At some point he gets us to the dance. I think it happens Sunday.

lots to hang your hat on for the "same ol Chiefs"  Even under Dandy Andy.  No it may not be his doings directly but there is some kind of funk over this team.    The examples during Andy.

Colts.. Big blown lead and  Luck gets own fumble and scores.

Steelers winning by only kicking fields goals.

Titans winning few years back.

Offsides by d ford last year.  GAME WAS WON!!

Maybe that changed after last week?  But.... Until they actually get to the superbowl the "same ol Chiefs" is in the holster ready to draw...

14 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Yep. I mean Mahomes has been our starter for 2 seasons. At minimum he has led this team to the AFCCG each time. You can't get to a SB if you can't get here. If you keep kicking the door eventually you kick it in. Mahomes will have us at the door many times in his career. At some point he gets us to the dance. I think it happens Sunday.

Thats what Marty and Cal  thought as well..see the Marv Levy's Buffalo Bills. Minnesota Vikings..I believe I know what your saying  &  I understand but the law of averages dont always work in your favor

12 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

lots to hang your hat on for the "same ol Chiefs"  Even under Dandy Andy.  No it may not be his doings directly but there is some kind of funk over this team.    The examples during Andy.

Colts.. Big blown lead and  Luck gets own fumble and scores.

Steelers winning by only kicking fields goals.

Titans winning few years back.

Offsides by d ford last year.  GAME WAS WON!!

Maybe that changed after last week?  But.... Until they actually get to the superbowl the "same ol Chiefs" is in the holster ready to draw...

Can we also say same ol negative fans, possibly same ol fairweather fans, or same ol fickle fans. I mean until some fans actually believe in the team lock stock and barrel what makes anyone think that they won't start bitching at the littlest adversity. It goes both ways.

34 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Easy response...Patrick Mahomes. Next!

Easy Reply...Dan Marino.  Next!

Or even applying it directly to the Chiefs...Joe Montana.  Next!

Look...its as easy as this.  Until the Chiefs WIN a Superbowl, people are going to have this in the back of their head.  Look at the Cubs.  Their fans endured 100 years of crap like this and until that final at-bat they had it in the back of their minds.  Its just how it is...

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

Thats what Marty and Cal  thought as well..see the Marv Levy's Buffalo Bills. Minnesota Vikings..I believe I know what your saying  &  I understand but the law of averages dont always work in your favor

Marty nor Levy had a generational QB (I like Kelly and thought he was underrated but not on Mahomes level) in their prime leading their team nor did they have 4 to 5 receivers that could kill a team at any moment. Both had good running games and at times good defenses but what did that do for them. Vikings are another story, but like them, if I'm not mistaken, Denver had 4 losses when they finally won. So it does happen. 

Just now, WichitaZRide said:

Easy Reply...Dan Marino.  Next!

Or even applying it directly to the Chiefs...Joe Montana.  Next!

Look...its as easy as this.  Until the Chiefs WIN a Superbowl, people are going to have this in the back of their head.  Look at the Cubs.  Their fans endured 100 years of crap like this and until that final at-bat they had it in the back of their minds.  Its just how it is...

As good as Marino was his team wasn't. Yes, maybe one or two seasons but shit happens and the best team doesn't always win the SB.

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Can we also say same ol negative fans, possibly same ol fairweather fans, or same ol fickle fans. I mean until some fans actually believe in the team lock stock and barrel what makes anyone think that they won't start bitching at the littlest adversity. It goes both ways.

Sure you can.. You can say whatever you want.   But who really gives a crap if someone says "same ol chiefs"??

The Patriots didn't have any success until they did.  Tom Brady.

Same with the Saints.  Drew Brees

Same with the Broncos.  John Elway, Peyton Manning

Same with the 49ers.  Joe Montana

Cowboys.  Roger Staubach.

It's not some kind of elaborate voodoo thing or history cursing the Chiefs.  It's not having quarterbacks that can get you there.  And now we do.  And eventually, most likely 5 days from now, we are going to be a Super Bowl team. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Man.. losing 4 super bowls in a row.  That's a gut punch,  Kick, Slap in the face, followed by knee to the nuts.

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Yeah, we've had a lot of success worrying about curses.  I'm guessing that's what the Patriots did better than we have, warding off message board curses. 

hey man..  We gotta do whatever we can!!

Fyi.  I am prolly going to the game and my playoff record is 0-4 or 5 can't remember??   But no wins brought home.  

Sooo if shit goes south you know what it was...

24 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

OT...you are one of my favorite posters. Always direct...lol. I understand all the "yeah well look at the Marty years" responses. There is one huge difference that a lot of people are sidestepping. We have an MVP. Marty had an end of his career Montana who was able to weave some magic and get one final run to a conference title game. But look at all the other QBs Marty had to work with? Mahomes is not just a good QB. Some think he is the best QB in the NFL right now. And I think that makes a huge difference.

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

OT...you are one of my favorite posters. Always direct...lol. I understand all the "yeah well look at the Marty years" responses. There is one huge difference that a lot of people are sidestepping. We have an MVP. Marty had an end of his career Montana who was able to weave some magic and get one final run to a conference title game. But look at all the other QBs Marty had to work with? Mahomes is not just a good QB. Some think he is the best QB in the NFL right now. And I think that makes a huge difference.

and I pray you are right..even Lenny the Cool was no MVPat