Same old Chiefs?

20 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

hey man..  We gotta do whatever we can!!

Fyi.  I am prolly going to the game and my playoff record is 0-4 or 5 can't remember??   But no wins brought home.  

Sooo if shit goes south you know what it was...

Get your ass in there.  We deserve to enjoy this.  Worrying about losing has been self fulfilling.  That's how the team was coached, that's how Alex Smith played.  I'm ready for that shit to be over. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

Get your ass in there.  We deserve to enjoy this.  Worrying about losing has been self fulfilling.  That's how the team was coached, that's how Alex Smith played.  I'm ready for that shit to be over. 

I hear ya.  Like I told my buddy.   I sure as hell wanna be there when my luck changes.  

I don’t subscribe to the same ol Chiefs mantra but I get it.  It wasn’t Mahomes that was the problem early, dropped passes from Robinson and Kelce, muffed punt from Hill add in high expectations mixed with Andy’s past playoff losses not to mention the Chiefs spectacular playoff resume, then you add in a lot of emotion and alcohol and you get those kinds responses in the heat of the moment.   

you’re dealing with fans that have this kind of https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chiefs-fan-left-playoff-game-early-because-he-was-bad-luck-patrick-mahomes-sent-him-a-message-after-big-win/

6 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

I hear ya.  Like I told my buddy.   I sure as hell wanna be there when my luck changes.  

Really, do you think all the fans in there dont believe they have jinxed the teams in some way? I bet almost all believe they jinxed our first ever AFC championship game last year if they were in attendance and will be again Sunday. I have been to one game myself and believed if we lost I may not have to come back, but it was a win against Luck and the Colts last year to get us to the AFC Championship. Best time of my life, cant wait to get back. If the team and ownership felt fans attending the game was a jinx, they would shut the damn doors and not have a home field advantage! Enjoy it, I am jealous being so far from the game in Texas.

1 hour ago, WichitaZRide said:

Easy Reply...Dan Marino.  Next!

Or even applying it directly to the Chiefs...Joe Montana.  Next!

Look...its as easy as this.  Until the Chiefs WIN a Superbowl, people are going to have this in the back of their head.  Look at the Cubs.  Their fans endured 100 years of crap like this and until that final at-bat they had it in the back of their minds.  Its just how it is...

Did Marino get his team to a SB? I believe he did.

Montana was at the end of his career. Hobbled and working with smoke and mirrors. Do you remember who our receivers and tight end were then? 

When have the Chiefs ever drafted an elite QB to go with the best TE and the most explosive receiver in football? Answer: never. Things have changed. We all want a SB win. Many are suffering from BTS (battered team syndrome). I get it. Some won't see a change until the Chiefs are hoisting a Lombardi trophy without realizing the change began long before that.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Montana was at the end of his career. Hobbled and working with smoke and mirrors. Do you remember who our receivers and tight end were then? 

When have the Chiefs ever drafted an elite QB to go with the best TE and the most explosive receiver in football? Answer: never. Things have changed. We all want a SB win. Many are suffering from BTS (battered team syndrome). I get it. Some won't see a change until the Chiefs are hoisting a Lombardi trophy without realizing the change began long before that.

Willie Davis baby!

Anyone saying "same old Chiefs..." undermines the absolute curse busting, God is on our side impact of trading Up to get Pat Mahomes.

The Comeback against Houston only sealed the deal.  This is not the SAME OLD CHIEFS....

I look at critical games much differently....Its not "how will they find a way to somehow lose...?"

It's "Never count out Pat Mahomes..."

Its a Brave New World...we have hope.

GEEZ, we have the AFC Championship in our house 2 years in a row....this is friggin great

w

Just now, West said:

Anyone saying "same old Chiefs..." undermines the absolute curse busting, God is on our side impact of trading Up to get Pat Mahomes.

The Comeback against Houston only sealed the deal.  This is not the SAME OLD CHIEFS....I

I look at critical games much differently....Its not "how will they find a way to somehow lose...?"

It's "Never count out Pat Mahomes..."

Its a Brave New World...we have hope.

w

I think we can all learn an important lesson from Harry Potter.  Everyone was scared to talk about Voldemort.  Except for the guy who kicked his ass repeatedly, he had no fear about curses and saying the name. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Image result for believe gif

I was just thinking of that very reference!! Lol. 

I have been a die hard Chiefs fan from back in the old AFL days. I too have had my heart ripped out time and time again over the years. This is different...I'm telling ya!

When a team goes 20+ years between playoff wins and loses like 7 times in a row, most of which at home as a top seed, it becomes a generational grumbling. The players change, the coaches change, but the outcomes the fans see stay the same. We’ve more or less only won games when we’ve had the better QB on the field. That didn’t happen until Mahomes took over, save Alex Smith being better than Brian Hoyer.

I understand the positive look at things now, but it is kind of unfair to bemoan the fans who have watched KC fail for decades.

1 hour ago, kcchief4lif said:

hey man..  We gotta do whatever we can!!

Fyi.  I am prolly going to the game and my playoff record is 0-4 or 5 can't remember??   But no wins brought home.  

Sooo if shit goes south you know what it was...

There’s nothing like the vibe walking out of Arrowhead after a playoff win.  I can’t even fathom the feeling if we hoist the Lamar Hunt Trophy. You can’t put a price tag on that. But if we don’t get it done it won’t have anything to do anything with you or me or even Bad Luck Chuck did.  

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

JJ Birden, Willie Davis and Fred Barnett were the primary WRs. Actually an underrated group IMO.  Jonathan Hayes and Keith Cash at TE. Kimble Anders and Marcus Allen in the backfield.  Maybe most important that oline was pretty darn good. Still Joe could only muster his magic in short bursts by that time. Still it should have drawn King Carl a roadmap on what we needed to be true factors in January.  

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

JJ Birden, Willie Davis and Fred Barnett were the primary WRs. Actually an underrated group IMO.  Jonathan Hayes and Keith Cash at TE. Kimble Anders and Marcus Allen in the backfield.  Maybe most important that oline was pretty darn good. Still Joe could only muster his magic in short bursts by that time. Still it should have drawn King Carl a roadmap on what we needed to be true factors in January.  

Underrated?....perhaps. Certainly no where near the talent of the current group though. As for Carl...he and Marty were both stubborn to a fault.