Same old Chiefs?

5 minutes ago, kcchief4lif said:

Fellas.  I know nothing I do has any baring on the outcome of the game.  It's more of a joking thing for me.

It's the old "sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying." Right now I'm listening to local sports here (Nashville) and they are going over the last Titans-Chiefs playoff game. It makes me nauseous.

Just now, dhitter said:

It's the old "sometimes you have to laugh to keep from crying." Right now I'm listening to local sports here (Nashville) and they are going over the last Titans-Chiefs playoff game. It makes me nauseous.

I imagine they are a very confident  Team and fan base right now

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I imagine they are a very confident  Team and fan base right now

Indeed they are. They beat us last time in Arrowhead. They beat us this year here. Henry is a frickin freight train and Tannehill Is playing an Alex Smith type complimentary game.  They just beat the defending Champion Patriots in Foxboro and the #1 seeded Ravens. They are relying heavily on the "no one is picking us/no respect" card.

Grumbling as a Chiefs Fan is 100% legitimate.

They have been breaking my heart since Super Bowl 1....But they have provided many, many moments of joy and happiness as well.

I just think, as a franchise, they have turned the corner.

I am not "optimistic" ...but I have moved from "dread and they will fail for sure"......to "Hopeful" as long as Pat Mahomes is guiding the ship.

w

17 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Underrated?....perhaps. Certainly no where near the talent of the current group though. As for Carl...he and Marty were both stubborn to a fault.

All true. Funny thing is there was a long time I looked at that era with 3 division titles in 5 years and an AFC Title game berth as almost unattainable again. And now here we are out doing that era and hopefully even more. Again it all goes back to that QB to pair with the HC.  Anything’s possible now.  

1 minute ago, West said:

Hence the importance of: Hill, Hardman, Kelce and Watkins....

NE had weak WR's...

Balt has Good WR's and a Great QB

KC has Great WR's, Great TE and a GREAT QB.

Looks like a different rodeo to me.

w

But can KC run the ball? The only things that concern me about the game Sunday is our ability to have some semblance of a run game to keep from being one dimensional and turnovers. 

6 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Right now the local sports guys are discussing the fact they held the Patriots to 13 points and the Ravens to 12 points...and wondering how many points they need to hold the Chiefs under to beat them. 

The Ravens had 550 yards of offense, nearly 200 yards rushing and 29 first downs.  They didn't hold them, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot with some bad turnovers and some poor decisions. 

5 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The Ravens had 550 yards of offense, nearly 200 yards rushing and 29 first downs.  They didn't hold them, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot with some bad turnovers and some poor decisions. 

One thing I've learned about most fanbases...especially as it relates to the playoffs. If your team loses its almost always "we beat ourselves" or "the refs robbed us". If your team wins its because your team "beat" the other one. It's all a matter of perspective.😀

Just now, dhitter said:

One thing I've learned about most fanbases...especially as it relates to the playoffs. If your team loses its almost always "we beat ourselves" or "the refs robbed us". If your team wins its because your team "beat" the other one. It's all a matter of perspective.😀

I don't like either one of them, but the Titans could not stop them.  To their credit, they forced some turnovers.  But the Ravens offense gashed them. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

I don't like either one of them, but the Titans could not stop them.  To their credit, they forced some turnovers.  But the Ravens offense gashed them. 

Not arguing the numbers or your conclusion. You are an outsider looking in. When you are inside (it's your team) the objectivity often goes out the window. 

Just now, dhitter said:

When you are inside (it's your team) the objectivity often goes out the window. 

That is for sure. 

But in this case, the Ravens had 7 drives of 10 or more plays and 60 yards.  (well one was 59).  You can't really hang your hat on that if you are the Titans defense. 

36 minutes ago, West said:

Grumbling as a Chiefs Fan is 100% legitimate.

They have been breaking my heart since Super Bowl 1....But they have provided many, many moments of joy and happiness as well.

I just think, as a franchise, they have turned the corner.

I am not "optimistic" ...but I have moved from "dread and they will fail for sure"......to "Hopeful" as long as Pat Mahomes is guiding the ship.

w

very well said West. 

21 minutes ago, dhitter said:

But can KC run the ball? The only things that concern me about the game Sunday is our ability to have some semblance of a run game to keep from being one dimensional and turnovers. 

Yep. For us it’s about a functional running game. And most important to that are short yardage and red zone plays. Damien Williams had two rushing TDs and Mahomes made those safeties pay for running with those vertical routes. Not asking a lot but what we need there is important.  Meanwhile I’d love to see a box score where Henry has under 20 carries. 

18 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Yep. For us it’s about a functional running game. And most important to that are short yardage and red zone plays. Damien Williams had two rushing TDs and Mahomes made those safeties pay for running with those vertical routes. Not asking a lot but what we need there is important.  Meanwhile I’d love to see a box score where Henry has under 20 carries

That last part probably won't happen. We would have to be up by 3 scores or more I would think for them to abandon the run. Henry is their ticket and they know it. They will ride him as long as they can.

9 minutes ago, dhitter said:

That last part probably won't happen. We would have to be up by 3 scores or more I would think for them to abandon the run. Henry is their ticket and they know it. They will ride him as long as they can.

Absolutely no doubt. The Titans running game is just massively important to their success. You can't stop it, but we need to contain it. Most importantly we don't want to get gauged for 5 yards on first down all day. Get the D off the field and more possessions for the MVP. 

Game threads are always full of emotion and that first quarter was a huge punch to the gut.  I wouldn't hold anything against anybody for what was said.  

Perhaps the game day threads should be immediately locked and deleted after the games are finished. It is annoying when holier than thou posters who didn't participate in the thread comment on it after the fact.  I am sure many of them said some things in that first quarter that they wouldn't want repeated.

6 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

Game threads are always full of emotion and that first quarter was a huge punch to the gut.  I wouldn't hold anything against anybody for what was said.  

Perhaps the game day threads should be immediately locked and deleted after the games are finished. It is annoying when holier than thou posters who didn't participate in the thread comment on it after the fact.  I am sure many of them said some things in that first quarter that they wouldn't want repeated.

Being frustrated or disappointed is natural. Venting is natural. Sometimes fans step over a line and get into lunacy. When the Texans went up 14-0 some were saying "game over". Really? This team isn't built to come back from a deficit? Who knew? "Reid needs to be fired, didn't have the team prepared", etc. Most of the mistakes in the 1st quarter had nothing to do with preparation but...okay. Lighten up Francis....the Chiefs are in the AFCCG!!

4 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

As good as Marino was his team wasn't. Yes, maybe one or two seasons but shit happens and the best team doesn't always win the SB.

That's a point that many so called fans overlook.  Things happen in playoff games and the best team often goes home early.  Does anyone think the Chiefs would have lost to the Titans if Kelce didn't receive that cheap shot at the end of the first half?  Would they have blown the big lead in Indy without all the injuries?  How about a FG kicker that goes brain dead on a cold day?  There's only one chance in 32 of winning it all in any given year.  The odds are increased by having better talent, better coaches, better backups.  Is BAL a bad franchise because they blew two home playoff to inferior teams in two years?  Stuff happens.  The Chiefs have a great opportunity to get the brass ring this year.  Enjoy the ride and don't whine if something goes wrong again.  It's not Veach's fault if Thornhill goes down or Jones can't play.  It's not Andy's fault if a normally good receiver drops a pass or a lineman lines up wrong.  All the remaining teams are good enough to take advantage of a break.  We can only hope that not all breaks go against the Chiefs this time. 

25 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

To be fair, I don't participate in game day threads because of the whiny crap.  And I think that's true for more than just me. 

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's a point that many so called fans overlook.  Things happen in playoff games and the best team often goes home early.  Does anyone think the Chiefs would have lost to the Titans if Kelce didn't receive that cheap shot at the end of the first half?  Would they have blown the big lead in Indy without all the injuries?  How about a FG kicker that goes brain dead on a cold day?  There's only one chance in 32 of winning it all in any given year.  The odds are increased by having better talent, better coaches, better backups.  Is BAL a bad franchise because they blew two home playoff to inferior teams in two years?  Stuff happens.  The Chiefs have a great opportunity to get the brass ring this year.  Enjoy the ride and don't whine if something goes wrong again.  It's not Veach's fault if Thornhill goes down or Jones can't play.  It's not Andy's fault if a normally good receiver drops a pass or a lineman lines up wrong.  All the remaining teams are good enough to take advantage of a break.  We can only hope that not all breaks go against the Chiefs this time. 

I don't know why we can't say L** Elliot* but we can say Dee Ford. 

I was really disappointed, and  I agree some of the comments in the GDT were overboard IMO, but that's how it's always been. I tried to stay way until things got really bad, but robar made a comment that made me think about how much time was left. 

Once Hardman ran back that return, I got really excited and was all in. 

I think I will do as I've done in the past and just stay away from the GDT this Sunday, no matter what's happening. 

Just now, qnet said:

I was really disappointed, and  I agree some of the comments in the GDT were overboard IMO, but that's how it's always been. I tried to stay way until things got really bad, but robar made a comment that made me think about how much time was left. 

Once Hardman ran back that return, I got really excited and was all in. 

I think I will do as I've done in the past and just stay away from the GDT this Sunday, no matter what's happening. 

There was enough time left to score 51 points.  That's a lot of time.  It looked bleak for sure though.