Same old Chiefs?

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't know why we can't say L** Elliot* but we can say Dee Ford. 

easy..part of the Dee Ford  scenario had to do with the Ref..Neil Smith explained why so I wont rehash i.. the other was just a FU of biblical proportions

14 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I don't know why we can't say L** Elliot* but we can say Dee Ford. 

Because we were taught not to swear when we were kids. 

Ford had a good year and make one bonehead mistake.  The unmentionable guy missed three routine FGs, any of which would have led to a probable Chiefs win over an inferior team  and a home game away from the SB.  The letdown in 1995 was ten times the disappointment of last year.  Maybe one had to be in Arrowhead to feel the difference.  

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Because we were taught not to swear when we were kids. 

Ford had a good year and make one bonehead mistake.  The unmentionable guy missed three routine FGs, any of which would have led to a probable Chiefs win over an inferior team  and a home game away from the SB.  The letdown in 1995 was ten times the disappointment of last year.  Maybe one had to be in Arrowhead to feel the difference.  

I was there both times.  They sucked equally for me.  Both cost us Super Bowl appearances. 

30 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I was there both times.  They sucked equally for me.  Both cost us Super Bowl appearances. 

Okay, maybe another difference was that the fans realized the Pats might beat the Chiefs last year.  After the 1995 season, we felt no team could beat the Chiefs at home, especially a mediocre Colts team.  The shock was greater in 1995.  Only other time I felt so let down by a pro sports event was when the Royals blew the '78 playoff game in the ninth inning against the hated Yankees.  Just couldn't get rid of that low feeling.  Disappointed last year, but not depressed. 

18 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Okay, maybe another difference was that the fans realized the Pats might beat the Chiefs last year.  After the 1995 season, we felt no team could beat the Chiefs at home, especially a mediocre Colts team.  The shock was greater in 1995.

^^^^

This!

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Okay, maybe another difference was that the fans realized the Pats might beat the Chiefs last year.  After the 1995 season, we felt no team could beat the Chiefs at home, especially a mediocre Colts team.  The shock was greater in 1995.  Only other time I felt so let down by a pro sports event was when the Royals blew the '78 playoff game in the ninth inning against the hated Yankees.  Just couldn't get rid of that low feeling.  Disappointed last year, but not depressed. 

They both sucked in their own way.  I hated losing to the Patriots because they are the Patriots.  And having felt like you won the game only to have it snatched away was tough.  Plus it was for all the marbles and not just the divisional round.   I agree though that the Colts loss was brutal and it was cold AF.  I also didn't realize at the time that we would struggle so much in the playoffs.  It seemed like Marty was getting ready to take us places. 

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

Wrong Balto. Same old Chiefs would have folded like a cheap card table being down 24-0. Jaded doesn't even begin to describe your response. Respect your opinion...but totally disagree. Every team loses games they are supposed to win. It's called the NFL.

Well to be fair you waited until after we won to write this.  Up to the point I think it was a fair assessment based on our past to ask that question or even state that fact.     Sure we should all have more faith but we have all seen some horrific choke jobs in the last 10-20 years.   Hindsight is 20/20.

5 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I understand the positive look at things now, but it is kind of unfair to bemoan the fans who have watched KC fail for decades.

Been a fan since they arrived in KC, trust me I know the pain. It's sort of like having a child who screwed up as a pre-teen and or teen. You don't give up on them and you always believe they can change. My folks did and I went from a juvenile delinquent, one miss step from going to hell in a handbasket, to a somewhat responsible and respected man (if only in my mind). The Chiefs are family to me, I may be disappointed from time to time but I never give up on them and never believe they won't succeed. 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

Right now the local sports guys are discussing the fact they held the Patriots to 13 points and the Ravens to 12 points...and wondering how many points they need to hold the Chiefs under to beat them. 

Neither of those teams were better offensively than the Chiefs. People will point at Baltimore being ranked higher than the Chiefs but remember, the Chiefs didn't have Mahomes for roughly 3 games and still was only about 39 yards and 5 points a game behind Baltimore. NE was miles behind KC.

Chiefs won't make the same mistakes they did in the first game.

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Neither of those teams were better offensively than the Chiefs. People will point at Baltimore being ranked higher than the Chiefs but remember, the Chiefs didn't have Mahomes for roughly 3 games and still was only about 39 yards and 5 points a game behind Baltimore. NE was miles behind KC.

Chiefs won't make the same mistakes they did in the first game.

To be fair they basically came to the conclusion there would be no way to hold the Chiefs under 20. I think they are hoping low 20s.

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Well to be fair you waited until after we won to write this.  Up to the point I think it was a fair assessment based on our past to ask that question or even state that fact.     Sure we should all have more faith but we have all seen some horrific choke jobs in the last 10-20 years.   Hindsight is 20/20.

Actually I wasn't worried at all. Ever since Mahomes has been under center I've always felt they could win. I would have been more shocked had they not come back.

Tell me one game since Mahomes arrival have the Chiefs been out of the game. Last year they lost 4 games 5 counting the playoffs. Two by 3, one by 1 and two by 7. A couple of those the Chiefs didn't start of looking very good. This year they lost 4 games. One by 3, one by 6 and two by 7. In other words boys and girls the Chiefs have never been totally destroyed since Mahomes arrived.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Actually I wasn't worried at all. Ever since Mahomes has been under center I've always felt they could win. I would have been more shocked had they not come back.

Tell me one game since Mahomes arrival have the Chiefs been out of the game. Last year they lost 4 games 5 counting the playoffs. Two by 3, one by 1 and two by 7. A couple of those the Chiefs didn't start of looking very good. This year they lost 4 games. One by 3, one by 6 and two by 7. In other words boys and girls the Chiefs have never been totally destroyed since Mahomes arrived.

He’s never lost by more than 1 score.

46 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Fair points. I also think it's fair to point out that we've had Pat Mahomes running the ship the past 2 years. The paradigm has shifted. It's taking a while to catch up to the idea that we no longer have to settle for the occasional wild card game and get bounced by a better QB. Chiefs will be fighting for the AFCCG and even Super Bowls for the next 15 year's.

8 hours ago, dhitter said:

Wrong Balto. Same old Chiefs would have folded like a cheap card table being down 24-0. Jaded doesn't even begin to describe your response. Respect your opinion...but totally disagree. Every team loses games they are supposed to win. It's called the NFL.

I didn’t post in the game day thread or even read it.  I’m saying being down 24 after the 1st quarter I could easily see how someone might post “Same ole Chiefs”. Anyone who can’t see why someone would post that must of just became a Chiefs fans this past year and doesn’t have the years of heart break like some of us.

8 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

What's new?

People who are always looking towards the future (evidence by all his post about trades or cuts going forward) or living in the past (evidence by believing that this is the same ol Chiefs) often misses out on the present (evidence,  hosting back-to-back AFC Championship Games with a very good chance of advancing to the SB).

What’s new?  I always thought we could come back even before we scored any.  Just because I enjoy posting crazy trades/drafts doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying the now haha.  You act like I went on a rampage on how the chiefs suck or about blew the game when I simply the 1st person to respond to this thread and say yes I can see why someone might post same ole chiefs.  

you should get to know a person before you post on who you think they are.  Grow up some?

8 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Can we also say same ol negative fans, possibly same ol fairweather fans, or same ol fickle fans. I mean until some fans actually believe in the team lock stock and barrel what makes anyone think that they won't start bitching at the littlest adversity. It goes both ways.

Yes you should stop bitching

6 hours ago, West said:

Anyone saying "same old Chiefs..." undermines the absolute curse busting, God is on our side impact of trading Up to get Pat Mahomes.

The Comeback against Houston only sealed the deal.  This is not the SAME OLD CHIEFS....

I look at critical games much differently....Its not "how will they find a way to somehow lose...?"

It's "Never count out Pat Mahomes..."

Its a Brave New World...we have hope.

GEEZ, we have the AFC Championship in our house 2 years in a row....this is friggin great

w

AMEN

1 minute ago, Balto said:

What’s new?  I always thought we could come back even before we scored any.  Just because I enjoy posting crazy trades/drafts doesn’t mean I’m not enjoying the now haha.  You act like I went on a rampage on how the chiefs suck or about blew the game when I simply the 1st person to respond to this thread and say yes I can see why someone might post same ole chiefs.  

you should get to know a person before you post on who you think they are.  Grow up some?

I don't ever remember say Balto does this or that. I generalized based on the post that were in the thread as well as many other negative threads.

Grow up, sounds like something my grandkids would tell their siblings. 

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

I didn’t post in the game day thread or even read it.  I’m saying being down 24 after the 1st quarter I could easily see how someone might post “Same ole Chiefs”. Anyone who can’t see why someone would post that must of just became a Chiefs fans this past year and doesn’t have the years of heart break like some of us.

Born and raised outside Kansas City. Chiefs fan since the beginning. I was bothered by it because we had already seen how different the Chiefs were once Pat took over the team. 12-4 back to back? Never happened before. Last year we won the AFCCG but Dee Ford gave it back to the Pats. We've been in every game since Pat took over...It's clear as a bell that when Pat takes the field ( and he is healthy) that he is capable of Herculean feats. I guess it's a form of abuse...you know like BFS (battered fan syndrome). Many do not want to buy in. As soon as things go south it's "okay here we go" almost as if they were expecting it. Those days are over imo.

5 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The Ravens had 550 yards of offense, nearly 200 yards rushing and 29 first downs.  They didn't hold them, the Ravens shot themselves in the foot with some bad turnovers and some poor decisions. 

Field position was huge for that game.