Same old Chiefs?

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Born and raised outside Kansas City. Chiefs fan since the beginning. I was bothered by it because we had already seen how different the Chiefs were once Pat took over the team. 12-4 back to back? Never happened before. Last year we won the AFCCG but Dee Ford gave it back to the Pats. We've been in every game since Pat took over...It's clear as a bell that when Pat takes the field ( and he is healthy) that he is capable of Herculean feats. I guess it's a form of abuse...you know like BFS (battered fan syndrome). Many do not want to buy in. As soon as things go south it's "okay here we go" almost as if they were expecting it. Those days are over imo.

I get it and agree.  Patty Cakes tied with Reid never feels like we are completely done.  Take last year’s comeback against the Pats....we actually got to OT when years past we would of folded and Alex Smith would of not seen past 15 yards to even be able to make a comeback.

I just knew Reid had been saving some plays and at the end of the 1st I thought in my mind that he was saying F it...let’s just unleash my playbook.

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I don't ever remember say Balto does this or that. I generalized based on the post that were in the thread as well as many other negative threads.

Grow up, sounds like something my grandkids would tell their siblings. 

Dude you literally said “People who are always looking towards the future (evidence by all his post about trades or cuts going forward)”

You sure you weren’t talking bout me?  Lol

17 minutes ago, Balto said:

I get it and agree.  Patty Cakes tied with Reid never feels like we are completely done.  Take last year’s comeback against the Pats....we actually got to OT when years past we would of folded and Alex Smith would of not seen past 15 yards to even be able to make a comeback.

I just knew Reid had been saving some plays and at the end of the 1st I thought in my mind that he was saying F it...let’s just unleash my playbook.

I read somewhere that Andy loaded up the play calls this week on man coverage beaters and trusted that bill o'Brien wouldn't be smart enough to change his strategy from the earlier game.  Which was pretty spot on.  They barely played zone but Patrick ate it up when they did 

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I read somewhere that Andy loaded up the play calls this week on man coverage beaters and trusted that bill o'Brien wouldn't be smart enough to change his strategy from the earlier game.  Which was pretty spot on.  They barely played zone but Patrick ate it up when they did 

Man O’Brien looked sooo lost out there.  Started to feel a little bad for him lol.  Not going for it until players/coaches tell him we have to....kicking field goal......taking 3 hours to finalize call on fake punt.  Just seemed lost

The Chiefs have now won playoff games 3 of the last 5 years. Divisional games in back to back seasons. Come back from 24 points down to win. Those Chiefs that were always outmatched by January are gone. There's just no similiarity between those teams and what we have now. It by no means guarantees a win on Sunday. In fact the Titans have long been krytponite to Andy. But I guarantee its not because players in that locker room feel pressure from some "cursed" teams in the 90s. These guy believe. Its truly a different era. 

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Somehow there are people that don't appreciate just how good Andy Reid is at game planning and making adjustments. I watched the replay last night and Tony Romo kept saying "once Andy Reid figures you out  Your'e in trouble."  With this QB it goes beyond trouble and into the historic.  Now can he figure out his nemesis team?  

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Somehow there are people that don't appreciate just how good Andy Reid is at game planning and making adjustments. I watched the replay last night and Tony Romo kept saying "once Andy Reid figures you out  Your'e in trouble."  With this QB it goes beyond trouble and into the historic.  Now can he figure out his nemesis team?  

Be prepared for zone coverages. Take the underneath routes and rule the TOP. Big thing to be done is score TDs and not go for 6 FGs we did the first time. Get a big lead playing like this and they will have to play catch up and abandon the run. Get up by 3 or 4 scores and they cant take the time to grind out runs if we keep pressure in them and the clock moving when we have the ball.

14 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Chiefs have now won playoff games 3 of the last 5 years. Divisional games in back to back seasons. Come back from 24 points down to win. Those Chiefs that were always outmatched by January are gone. There's just no similiarity between those teams and what we have now. It by no means guarantees a win on Sunday. In fact the Titans have long been krytponite to Andy. But I guarantee its not because players in that locker room feel pressure from some "cursed" teams in the 90s. These guy believe. Its truly a different era. 

excellent observations mloe... agree 100%

3 minutes ago, wilkie said:

I have ALWAYS been a great Chiefs fan since 1965.    But I gotta say.....it is really tough to be a KC Chiefs fan.   I am really delighted with our current situation but it always comes with a little reservation.

all great indian Chiefs come from a reservation, wilkie. 

6 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Actually I wasn't worried at all. Ever since Mahomes has been under center I've always felt they could win. I would have been more shocked had they not come back.

Tell me one game since Mahomes arrival have the Chiefs been out of the game. Last year they lost 4 games 5 counting the playoffs. Two by 3, one by 1 and two by 7. A couple of those the Chiefs didn't start of looking very good. This year they lost 4 games. One by 3, one by 6 and two by 7. In other words boys and girls the Chiefs have never been totally destroyed since Mahomes arrived.

I honestly don't remember what I wrote in the GDT thread but I don't think I was jumping off a cliff.   I have all the faith in the world that Mahomes could score plenty of points even after we started so badly but we got in that hole because of other's mistakes.   Mahomes can't catch his own passes, block or play D so while he's the MVP and best player he can't do it all.  So when they got up 24-0 I think it was fair to feel like this was going to turn into another Chiefs choke job and it had nothing to do with Mahomes, because the team around him wasn't going to give him that chance or at least that was my thought process.   Can't tell you how glad I am and was to be dead wrong.   One of the best 3 minute stretches in Chiefs history for me.   

My playoff luck can never change unless I'm there right? Good lawd the tickets are double and triple from what they were last year.. But, I managed to find a few under the market pricing....  

Taking my old man to is first ever playoff game, so maybe he is the fan to get em over the hump??

GOOOOO CHIEFS DAMNIT!!

1 hour ago, kcchief4lif said:

My playoff luck can never change unless I'm there right? Good lawd the tickets are double and triple from what they were last year.. But, I managed to find a few under the market pricing....  

Taking my old man to is first ever playoff game, so maybe he is the fan to get em over the hump??

GOOOOO CHIEFS DAMNIT!!

Awesome. I am jealous. Never been to Arrowhead much less a playoff game there. That place will be rockin'. Enjoy!...

58 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Awesome. I am jealous. Never been to Arrowhead much less a playoff game there. That place will be rockin'. Enjoy!...

Funny, I've been to several Chiefs games around the country but only one at Arrowhead, 1972 Chiefs vs St. Louis, the very first game played their. We were in the nose bleed seats. Went to several at Municipal though, sat in the temporary seats in left field. Got hit in the face with a slow poke there. Damn that hurt.

14 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Funny, I've been to several Chiefs games around the country but only one at Arrowhead, 1972 Chiefs vs St. Louis, the very first game played their. We were in the nose bleed seats. Went to several at Municipal though, sat in the temporary seats in left field. Got hit in the face with a slow poke there. Damn that hurt.

Over 250 games at Arrowhead for me. I've seen it all. Except for us hoisting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. I just want to see it one time. And 1 Lombardi to follow. After that this whole thing would be less stressful and all fun. But make no mistake, if it doesn't happen I will not regret my fandom for one minute. Simply met too many great people and had to many great experiences along the way. 

13 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How was Municipal?  Pretty cool you went to the first game at Arrowhead, energy different from the two stadiums?

6 hours ago, Balto said:

How was Municipal?  Pretty cool you went to the first game at Arrowhead, energy different from the two stadiums?

Energy at Municipal was better than Arrowhead at first, at least I thought so. Arrowhead being designed as a football only stadium was a new concept, at least for me. At Municipal, where we normally sat, was cramped, almost like a small high school stadium.

22 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Over 250 games at Arrowhead for me. I've seen it all. Except for us hoisting the Lamar Hunt Trophy. I just want to see it one time. And 1 Lombardi to follow. After that this whole thing would be less stressful and all fun. But make no mistake, if it doesn't happen I will not regret my fandom for one minute. Simply met too many great people and had to many great experiences along the way. 

I'm glad you had the blessing of meeting me too, Mike. It's a privilege.