Billboard Material??

The Chiefs will be playing at home in the AFCCG in front of an insane crowd.  I don't think a lack of intensity will be the problem.  In fact the opposite may be true.  The Patriots and Texans games both started with us making some errors that seemed to be from being too fired up  Once we settled in we were on a different level. 

10 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

The Chiefs will be playing at home in the AFCCG in front of an insane crowd.  I don't think a lack of intensity will be the problem.  In fact the opposite may be true.  The Patriots and Texans games both started with us making some errors that seemed to be from being too fired up  Once we settled in we were on a different level. 

I think this has been somewhat a problem with Mahomes in the past - his only start at Denver in 2017, MNF in Denver in 2018, MNF at LA in 2018, both Patriots games in 2018, etc.  Maybe even throw SNF vs. the Colts this year in there, before he had the one good TD then got injured again.  All of those games he seemed to come out super amped and fired some bullets that missed.  However, the game in Denver where he got injured this year he seemed a little more settled, then the same against the Patriots and SNF against the Bears, and then you can't really blame the early struggles against Houston on him.  So I'd like to think he's figuring it out.

4 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's funny, I thought you were talking about what Tyreek Hill said. He said no one could stop or run with them, or something like that. 

They were making a big deal out of it on First take.

The full context of what Hill said really wasn't provocative.  He said he wasn't disrespecting anyone, and he was just confident in what they can do when they play their best.

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think this has been somewhat a problem with Mahomes in the past - his only start at Denver in 2017, MNF in Denver in 2018, MNF at LA in 2018, both Patriots games in 2018, etc.  Maybe even throw SNF vs. the Colts this year in there, before he had the one good TD then got injured again.  All of those games he seemed to come out super amped and fired some bullets that missed.  However, the game in Denver where he got injured this year he seemed a little more settled, then the same against the Patriots and SNF against the Bears, and then you can't really blame the early struggles against Houston on him.  So I'd like to think he's figuring it out.

No, but I wasn't just blaming Mahomes.  I was talking about the whole team.  Tyreek had 80 thousand people chanting his name and he was trying to run for 90 yards before he caught the ball.  Maybe not fair catching because he wanted to do something special. Receivers were trying to do to much and dropping balls they shouldn't have.  Possibly linemen on the punt were trying to get downfield in a hurry to make a play and missed assignments.  Just everyone seemed to be pressing.  Once they got their legs under them and rolling it was an entirely different thing.

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No, but I wasn't just blaming Mahomes.  I was talking about the whole team.  Tyreek had 80 thousand people chanting his name and he was trying to run for 90 yards before he caught the ball.  Maybe not fair catching because he wanted to do something special. Receivers were trying to do to much and dropping balls they shouldn't have.  Possibly linemen on the punt were trying to get downfield in a hurry to make a play and missed assignments.  Just everyone seemed to be pressing.  Once they got their legs under them and rolling it was an entirely different thing.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I wasn't saying you were blaming Mahomes for the Texans game.  I'm saying I've definitely seen that "amped up" thing with him before, at least insofar as we can tell by watching on TV.  It did seem like other players on the team were nervous, maybe too amped, I don't know.  I just couldn't believe all of those drops---Travis, D-Rob, Hill, Williams.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Sorry I wasn't clear.  I wasn't saying you were blaming Mahomes for the Texans game.  I'm saying I've definitely seen that "amped up" thing with him before, at least insofar as we can tell by watching on TV.  It did seem like other players on the team were nervous, maybe too amped, I don't know.  I just couldn't believe all of those drops---Travis, D-Rob, Hill, Williams.

I've seen it with him also.  And I agree, he's gotten better.  I suppose that's to be expected.

31 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's funny, I thought you were talking about what Tyreek Hill said. He said no one could stop or run with them, or something like that. 

He said "I feel like nobody in the NFL can guard any of us, and that's no disrespect to nobody," receiver Tyreek Hill said Wednesday. "That's just the confidence that I got in myself and the wideouts I've got around me, including the tight ends and the running backs. I feel like no DB unit, no secondary unit, no linebacker, any defense can guard any of us. So man-to-man is just easy for us to beat. If you just allow us to run through zones, it's even easier."

The stats bear out Hill's confidence. Mahomes averages 3.1 yards of target separation (0.3 yards more than any other QB) and a 42.2 percent open throw percent (highest in NFL) when facing man coverage this season, per Next Gen Stats. The QB averages 4.4 yards of target separation and a 63.3 percent open throw percent versus zone coverage (both are 2nd-highest in NFL).

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

The full context of what Hill said really wasn't provocative.  He said he wasn't disrespecting anyone, and he was just confident in what they can do when they play their best.

Yeah, I watched  the whole interview, and agree. I just know some people will cling to every bit they can. That's why I don't like First Take that much anymore. As much as he irritates me at times, that show was much better when Bayless was on it. 

2 hours ago, qnet said:

As are the local sports heads here in Nashville.

i'm not worried about what anyone says about our offense and i'm sure the team isn't either.

That said, i'd love for someone from the Titans to say that Henry is gonna run for 300 yds and Tannehill is gonna through for 300 and 4 TDs against our "soft defense".  That's the motivation i want our team having.

46 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I heard this and I think he was specifically talking about Watsons mobility in the pocket. 

Of course. It wasn't dissing Mahomes. Watson is more of a runner than Pat...shiftier, changes directions better. It looks like Watson almost prefers to run at times. Mahomes will always look to get the ball into the playmakers hands. Will run if it's there for him. In that regard Pat is more Elway than Jackson or Watson.

38 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I heard this and I think he was specifically talking about Watsons mobility in the pocket. 

Of course. It wasn't dissing Mahomes. Watson is more of a runner than Pat...shiftier, changes directions better. It looks like Watson almost prefers to run at times. Mahomes will always look to get into the playmakers hands. Will run if it's there for him.

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Media is trying to turn every honest comment into bulletin board material.   The Titans Dbs comments weren’t anything more than commenting on mobility and what he said is true.   Hills comments weren’t directed at anyone in particular just a confidence that they can beat man coverage which is true.    Everyone trying to get worked up over nothing.   Let’s go play the game, eliminate turnovers and kick their tails back to Nashville.