Docs Take on the Tennessee Game

I like to play racquetball.  I have some ability, but I play against a couple players that are simply better, faster, and more skilled than me.  Every once in a while , when my game is on,  they make some mistakes , and are a little off of their game,  I win a close game.  Most of the time, I get my ass whooped.  Then I started thinking on what I am thinking when I play an inferior player. I let up a little and do not play 100%.  Maybe even toy with them a little. The score  is relatively close,  then all of a sudden a streak of really lucky serves, a few unforced errors and they are on the verge of winning.  I try to come back , but things go wrong.  I end up losing a game I should not have.   

Does the above kind of sound like it relates to the last game we played the Titans.  I think it does.  If the Kansas City Chiefs go out and play a solid game,  there is absolutely no way the Titans should beat us.  None, zero, nada.  We are a better offense,  More explosive, more weapons, and have an Elite Quarterback.  The Titans have a great running back, and a QB that depends on play action to be successful.  We play disciplined Defense and this team is not going to score more than 20.  Our Offense,  is almost completely impossible to stop.  Scoring less than 30 is not the norm.  If we take this game seriously ,  do not let up on them , and play them like they are a team that is an equal.  We should spank them.  Just like I got spanked last night by my racquetball buddies.  I keep hearing some of these National Media guys talking about how "King Henry" is going to run all over us and Ryan Tannehill is going to be the second coming of Joe Montanna, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning all rolled into one.  Kind of like you say you are going to kick someones ass.  That is only going to happen, if the Chiefs let them,  becuase the Chiefs are the bigger , badder, more talented, more explosive, dangerous team.     

Chiefs keep the pedal to the metal

Chiefs-    56

Titans -   28 

I agree with everything you said.

I am hoping this team understands they got beat last time and that this will be no walk in the park. Sometimes I hate hearing all the national media (big stations) act like this game is a foregone conclusion. I almost don't like hearing all the hype. I damn sure hope the players do not buy in to that hype.

Just go out and execute and play Chiefs football.

Some places you go it seems everyone is on the Chiefs wagon regarding this game. I think all the ESPN analysts picked the Chiefs. But there are pockets where they are going with the Titans. I live in enemy territory. This is a confident bunch. They want to turn this game into a street brawl. Punch the Chiefs in the mouth and grind em. Chiefs cannot make the same gaffes they made against the Titans back in November or even the ones they made last week. 

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

Some places you go it seems everyone is on the Chiefs wagon regarding this game. I think all the ESPN analysts picked the Chiefs. But there are pockets where they are going with the Titans. I live in enemy territory. This is a confident bunch. They want to turn this game into a street brawl. Punch the Chiefs in the mouth and grind em. Chiefs cannot make the same gaffes they made against the Titans back in November or even the ones they made last week. 

They are living on the hopes that Henry will basically win the game for them

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I believe that was everyones mindset against the finesse St. Louis Rams when they won it all. You can smack a team in the mouth but if they are better they will prevail. Just look at last week, down 24 and take the lead by the half. Remember, Houston was the 5th ranked D during the season and the Tits were 12th. The Tits and Houston O were 12 and 13 respectively. 

It bothers me how this game is being talked about in the media. Some seem too confident about the Chiefs, and then there are others who are trying to be more objective,  saying how the Titans will win. This comes with the territory I suppose.

I agree Doc, if the Chiefs take this seriously, and prepare well I believe they should win. I really do believe they have the team capable of winning,  I'm  just now sure how they're going to actually play when the time comes. 

58 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I believe that was everyones mindset against the finesse St. Louis Rams when they won it all. You can smack a team in the mouth but if they are better they will prevail. Just look at last week, down 24 and take the lead by the half. Remember, Houston was the 5th ranked D during the season and the Tits were 12th. The Tits and Houston O were 12 and 13 respectively. 

That Rams team also lost the SB in 2001. Finesse teams can win and they can lose too.

I remember playing racquetball in one of my competitive matches. I was the better player. I did not mess around. I took it to him. I won 15-0 the first game. I let up the second game and he almost beat me.  Chiefs just need to ball out, not let up and not look back.  These guys want it, are focused, are gonna show it on the field.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not sure where your getting your stats. The Texans were 19th in total D, 29th vs the pass and 32nd in the red zone.  Tennessee was a better defense across the board. 

I agree, the Chiefs have been in this position before. Last year. and yes they are definitely thinking about that game where they almost made it to the Superbowl. 

They want it more than ever. I think that's what it comes down to: who wants it more?

The Chiefs and Reid are more talented no question there, and with them wanting this shit more will result in a blowout win. 

The closer we get to the game the more I realize there will be no contest.

42 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Not sure where your getting your stats. The Texans were 19th in total D, 29th vs the pass and 32nd in the red zone.  Tennessee was a better defense across the board. 

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?conference=ALL&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&season=2019&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=2&role=OPP

26 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

You need to read those stats closer. According to that list the Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL and the Cardinals have the best. Its being ranked by yardage given up. The most yardage allowed is 1st. 

11 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

They are in reverse order.  That's 5th worst.  But Titans are still 12th worst.

Titans defense is better across the board than the Texans but very average overall. I will say over the last month the Titans were number 4 in red zone defense and number 1 in red zone offense. This is a bigger threat than the Texans. And Vrabel looks much more competent than OBrien. Its a definite contrast of styles which can sometimes mitigate a talent advantage (which we have). Spags was SO good at coming up with schemes to stop those vaunted Patriots offenses. The looks he gives here on defense are so crucial. As well as the Chiefs limiting mistakes and finishing in the red zone. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

They are in reverse order.  That's 5th worst.  But Titans are still 12th worst.

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

You need to read those stats closer. According to that list the Patriots have the worst defense in the NFL and the Cardinals have the best. Its being ranked by yardage given up. The most yardage allowed is 1st. 

I knew that didn't look right until I looked at it closer, and reversed the order. It was what I knew from following it all season. 

7 minutes ago, qnet said:

I knew that didn't look right until I looked at it closer, and reversed the order. It was what I knew from following it all season. 

What he did is pretty easy to do if you don't take a close look at it. 

11 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

They need to just rank these team 1-32 the end. Don't put sorts or filters on the damn thing just rate them.

I agree, it is kind of confusing, if you're not familiar with their website. I'm always on pro-football-reference.com, so I knew the Texans defense wasn't ranked that high. The Titans defense isn't ranked that high either, but it's better than the Texans. 

The Chiefs defense is actually ranked higher than both teams, and even higher than the 49ers in points allowed. It's yards allowed were the 49ers are much better, at 3rd. 

This is why I'm both nervous, but also very excited. The Chiefs do have the team to win it all this time.  

We will just have to see what happens. 

4 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

I agree, the Chiefs have been in this position before. Last year. and yes they are definitely thinking about that game where they almost made it to the Superbowl. 

They want it more than ever. I think that's what it comes down to: who wants it more?

The Chiefs and Reid are more talented no question there, and with them wanting this shit more will result in a blowout win. 

The closer we get to the game the more I realize there will be no contest.

I’m sure the Ravens thought that same thing. Two biggest keys to January are being hot and healthy. They’ve got both. But other than Jones so de we. And I agree we are better. Let’s do this!

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I agree, it is kind of confusing, if you're not familiar with their website. I'm always on pro-football-reference.com, so I knew the Texans defense wasn't ranked that high. The Titans defense isn't ranked that high either, but it's better than the Texans. 

The Chiefs defense is actually ranked higher than both teams, and even higher than the 49ers in points allowed. It's yards allowed were the 49ers are much better, at 3rd. 

This is why I'm both nervous, but also very excited. The Chiefs do have the team to win it all this time.  

We will just have to see what happens. 

Andy took Philly to three straight NFC Title games before finally breaking through to the Super Bowl. So if it doesn’t happen on Sunday I’ll be disappointed but won’t lose optimism it’s just a matter of time.  That said this is a title game where you can’t back your way into a Super Bowl. You gotta go earn it.  I think we will

it will come down to defense... if our boys come to play, we win handily

if we can't wrap, if we overpersue, if we don't set the edge... could be a long day

that said, we have some veteran leaders on this defense, and I'm looking forward to seeing reggie vs derrick... two old teammates