AFC Championship Game

45 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Instead of all the Tits post in the Texans thread why don't we start putting them here. There are post all over the place for this game/game related. How stop Henry, Texans GDT, Jones thread etc.

Just asking, makes it a lot easier to follow. 

Thanks. 

It dawned on me we are kind of playing a version of the 1991 Chiefs without quite as good of a RB or QB.  Martyball led us to 11 wins and our first playoff win since the 1960s. But we also had a great play action deep passing game that capitalized on so much attention going to Okoye. DeBerg finished with 23 TDs, 4 INTs in the best season of his long career. 

2 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I drove through Nashville yesterday and they have huge signs everywhere #takeitall. Made me pissed and kind of sick to my stomach. Chiefs are the better team by a long shot. They should win easily, but any given Sunday makes me nervous.  

But think how good you'll feel driving around looking at those signs if/when the Chiefs win on Sunday. 

FhB8_-Ou_x96.jpg

Unofficial list of Tannehill games under 40 degrees: --
2012 vs Bills (L); 14-28, 141; 1 TD, 2 ints; 46.9 QBR
--2012 vs Pats (L); 20-35, 235; 0 TD, 1 int; 65.8 QBR
--2013 vs Steelers (W); 20-33, 200; 3 TDs, 1 int; 95.5 QBR
--2018 vs Bills (L) 18-31, 147; 0 TDs, 2 int; 43.3 QBR

7 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

FhB8_-Ou_x96.jpg

any idea what the temps were in each of those games? Because 40 degrees aint very cold... hopefully last year's bills game was more like 30... with a direct correlation of colder temps = lower QBR :lol: 

7 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

FhB8_-Ou_x96.jpg

Looks like Tannehill threw an average of about 32 times in those games. Unless we are way up in the 2nd half I would be shocked if he threw more than 20 times. Their plan is to run Henry into the ground. A pounding run game is exactly what fits a cold weather game....unfortunately for us.

Most are giving KC the "backhand" victory. They are saying Henry is going to destroy the Chiefs but the Chiefs are going to win.

Except for those who never if ever pick the Chiefs like Terrell Davis and others who played KC on a regular basis in their playing days.

Really wish it was game time so we could get past all the media BS. If the Chiefs go to the SB, the weeks leading up to the SB will be HELL. Luckily I will be back in MO over SB weekend near St. Louis.

Anyone near St. Louis? Where would be a good place to watch the game. Of course only if the Chiefs are in. If their not, I'll watch at the hotel.

38 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

So here is a serious question. I know it has been the norm for us to defer if we win the toss but, in this game, do we prefer to have the ball first and get on the board first?  I know we wouldn't get the second half kickoff but, do they chance that?

I want us to take it. Get the first score and hype up the defense off what we just did. Then the defense gets a huge stop and we go score again. I want Titans in a whole 14 to 0 asap and go from there.

35 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

So here is a serious question. I know it has been the norm for us to defer if we win the toss but, in this game, do we prefer to have the ball first and get on the board first?  I know we wouldn't get the second half kickoff but, do they chance that?

I want the Chiefs on D first. If the Tits don't score and the Chiefs drive down after the punt and do then the Tits will be playing catch up with opportunity of the Chiefs scoring before the half and get the second half kickoff for possible back to back scores. If the Tits score we know the Chiefs can to and still have the opportunity for possible back to back scores. JMO

Fuck last time they played I'm tired of hearing about it this is the playoffs and if you bring up last playoff game that was NOT this team.

18 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I drove through Nashville yesterday and they have huge signs everywhere #takeitall. Made me pissed and kind of sick to my stomach. Chiefs are the better team by a long shot. They should win easily, but any given Sunday makes me nervous.  

Someone came up with that hashtag in 21st century 🙄

I'm glad Clark, Hill and Mathieu have stepped up and said something. I prefer confident agressive players on the field than "oh know how do we stop Henry" sheepish players. Before anyone makes a bragging, over confident or conceited comment remember these three have been backing up their comments for awhile now.

Yes it's nice to have quite assassins but you also have to let people know your not just bending over for them.

It's funny listening to Nashville sports talk. Titans fans are calling in..."You should hear what Chiefs fans are saying about the Titans. They don't think we will even give them a game. They are already looking to who they will face in the SB. Henry and the Titans are gonna shut their faces. They have no chance on Sunday."😨

2 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Defer.  If the Titans score on their first possession, then the Chiefs get the ball and know they get an extra boost from the first second half possession.  If they don't defer, and don't score, the Titans have a huge psycological boost. 

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

It's funny listening to Nashville sports talk. Titans fans are calling in..."You should hear what Chiefs fans are saying about the Titans. They don't think we will even give them a game. They are already looking to who they will face in the SB. Henry and the Titans are gonna shut their faces. They have no chance on Sunday."😨

Not sure where they are hearing that. Not here since most in here are nervous to one degree or another.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not sure where they are hearing that. Not here since most in here are nervous to one degree or another.

I I think some of them went to chiefsplanet. And you know how that can be? The main thing was they were complaining that the Chiefs fans were trash-talking and then they turn around and trash talk.

1 minute ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Just quoting the homers.  Titans have their share on their discussion boards as well.  Most are saying something like, "The Chiefs are talented and over confident but Henry is unstoppable and Tannehill will play action them to oblivion"  Normal fan talk. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just quoting the homers.  Titans have their share on their discussion boards as well.  Most are saying something like, "The Chiefs are talented and over confident but Henry is unstoppable and Tannehill will play action them to oblivion"  Normal fan talk. 

We understand this...still trying to find the Titan fan counterparts to us jet.😀

8 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Most are giving KC the "backhand" victory. They are saying Henry is going to destroy the Chiefs but the Chiefs are going to win.

Except for those who never if ever pick the Chiefs like Terrell Davis and others who played KC on a regular basis in their playing days.

Really wish it was game time so we could get past all the media BS. If the Chiefs go to the SB, the weeks leading up to the SB will be HELL. Luckily I will be back in MO over SB weekend near St. Louis.

Anyone near St. Louis? Where would be a good place to watch the game. Of course only if the Chiefs are in. If their not, I'll watch at the hotel.

I know what you mean, and just want to to get on with it. This all comes with the territory of making it this far. 

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

We understand this...still trying to find the Titan fan counterparts to us jet.😀

It's hard to find, but I'm sure there may be some. What surprised me is when I visited the Ravens and Patriots boards.  The Pats fans, for some reason hate the Chiefs for the most part, but there is a healthy respect from some Ravens fans. 

I thought it would have been the other way around. Some Ravens fans were really impressed the way the Chiefs came back, and routed the Texans. They said that they weren't sure the Ravens would beat the Chiefs if they had to face them in the AFC title game. 

This is just my opinion, but I think the Patriots fan hatred may stem from twitter, or the Chiefsplanet forum. If you do a search for Chiefs forum, that's the first site that comes up unfortunately. I hate that site, and really wish more were directed here. 

Having said that,  maybe it's  a good thing they're not directed here, but I think they'd find better discussion on here, even though were still a bunch of homers also.