Just now, 58shineson said:

I’m nervous.  I really want the win but I’m afraid of the curse.  I know this team can do it, but I knew that with other chiefs teams also.  Please someone talk me down from the cliff. 

Bro, I am just as nervous as you! I hate hearing how the chiefs should win this game.

7 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

I’m nervous.  I really want the win but I’m afraid of the curse.  I know this team can do it, but I knew that with other chiefs teams also.  Please someone talk me down from the cliff. 

I have all the faith in the world that they have the team to win it all. But unfortunately games aren't played on computers, paper or spreadsheets but with humans and the possibility of human error and the ball not being round is what makes me nervous. 

Probably every game last year a defender was given a heads up about being in the neutral zone. Probably every game Gonzo played for the Chiefs he gave defenders a little nudge. Probably every game offensive linemen hold or DBs/receivers commit PI. It just takes one ref to call something at the wrong time and the season is over. Tuck rule also comes to mind.

10 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I have all the faith in the world that they have the team to win it all. But unfortunately games aren't played on computers, paper or spreadsheets but with humans and the possibility of human error and the ball not being round is what makes me nervous. 

Probably every game last year a defender was given a heads up about being in the neutral zone. Probably every game Gonzo played for the Chiefs he gave defenders a little nudge. Probably every game offensive linemen hold or DBs/receivers commit PI. It just takes one ref to call something at the wrong time and the season is over. Tuck rule also comes to mind.

Great teams create their own luck and overcome adversity. We lost every playoff game for 20 years and in nearly every game you could point to some horrendous call that cost us big. Enter an elite QB and we all of a sudden own that divisional round we could never get past.  Now it’s time to figure out this last step to get to the Super Bowl.  If we do lose it’ll be frustrating but I’ll still be very excited and optimistic about our future. We will just need to get a little better.  If we win though, this could be dynasty starting stuff. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Great teams create their own luck and overcome adversity. We lost every playoff game for 20 years and in nearly every game you could point to some horrendous call that cost us big. Enter an elite QB and we all of a sudden own that divisional round we could never get past.  Now it’s time to figure out this last step to get to the Super Bowl.  

Again, HUMAN FACTOR and humans are flawed. My point being, both teams could do everything right and a ref misses a blatant PI on the play which puts one team in or out of FG range to win the game.

5 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Again, HUMAN FACTOR and humans are flawed. 

And again we left ourselves susceptible to one bad call ruining divisional or wild card playoff games for 20 years.  Get Mahomes and poof where did the game defining bad calls go? We are now easily one of the top four teams in this league. Are we now good enough to own a similar result in a championship game? That’s what we find out tomorrow. 

I hope I can look back on this post and shake my head at how dumb I am.  But unlike some of you I have never seen our Chiefs in the Super Bowl live.  I nearly had a heart attack in OT last AFC Championship game.  I hope the players want it as much as I do. 

1 minute ago, 58shineson said:

I hope I can look back on this post and shake my head at how dumb I am.  But unlike some of you I have never seen our Chiefs in the Super Bowl live.  I nearly had a heart attack in OT last AFC Championship game.  I hope the players want it as much as I do. 

Right there with ya 58!  Gonna double up on the bp meds tomorrow.  Let's roll boys!

7 minutes ago, 58shineson said:

We are all desperate to see the Chiefs win, but I'm old enough to know that no matter the outcome, the world won't end the next day.   We still have our families, our friends, hopefully our health, and will be looking for ways the Chiefs can get another shot next season.  "That's how we roll."  I've had to remind myself that it's a game.  We get emotionally wrapped up in a team and give the outcome more importance than it deserves.  Will anyone you care about be hurt if the Chiefs lose beyond a short term feeling of loss?  I've been a Chiefs fan since Lamar moved them to KC and never has my life changed because of how the team did on the field. 

2 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Has anybody had as many heartbreaking losses as CHIEFS fans?    I don't blame you for being nervous.  But life, including yours will go on.  From the agony to the ecstasy nothing will change me being a CHIEFS fan

You would think at some point the odds would tilt in our favor. Just don't want to be dead and gone when it does.😵

5 hours ago, 58shineson said:

We have the best player in the league who happens to be a generational talent. And the talent to be the best ever.  The best skill position talent in the league. We have the best defensive leader in the league. The best coach remaining. We are equally the hottest team in the league. We were here last year. Enjoy this.

32 minutes ago, dhitter said:

You would think at some point the odds would tilt in our favor. Just don't want to be dead and gone when it does.😵

The odds started tilting in our favor the day Andy Reid veered away from the safe course at QB this franchise was always known for and rolled the dice on Mahomes over Smith. It’s just a matter of time now IMO.  That said who wants the season to end tomorrow. The one and done playoff approach is both compelling and  nerve racking for that reason. 
That said my trip is booked for Miami if we win. Very odd to have a game decide whether to take a vacation or not. So my week after next is gonna be very different based on the result.  Gotta assume that’s true for thousands of Chiefs fans. 

I was just thinking how it's irrational to be nervous about a sporting event in which I'm not partaking.

But, man, as the game gets closer the more nervous I am. My recliner is right in front of my tv but if last week is any indication won't sit at all after kickoff. 

I'll just pace around the living room, yelling at the tv. 

I really hope we win. Really. 

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I was just thinking how it's irrational to be nervous about a sporting event in which I'm not partaking.

But, man, as the game gets closer the more nervous I am. My recliner is right in front of my tv but if last week is any indication won't sit at all after kickoff. 

I'll just pace around the living room, yelling at the tv. 

I really hope we win. Really. 

I have a Styrofoam pillow looked like a brick.   I throw it at the TV when necessary    Cannot go to watch party because I act wayyyyy too badly.    Although I am a 60 year fan and am used to disappointment,  doubt I sleep tonight

with all the history of chiefs games in playoffs it’s hard not to be nervous. We are one game away from the big dance. That’s it. All of these years are wrapped up in this game. I won’t sleep tonight. All I know is Frank Clark has been running his mouth and he better show up and lay the hammer. 

Makes me even more nervous when players do that. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

We are all desperate to see the Chiefs win, but I'm old enough to know that no matter the outcome, the world won't end the next day.   We still have our families, our friends, hopefully our health, and will be looking for ways the Chiefs can get another shot next season.  "That's how we roll."  I've had to remind myself that it's a game.  We get emotionally wrapped up in a team and give the outcome more importance than it deserves.  Will anyone you care about be hurt if the Chiefs lose beyond a short term feeling of loss?  I've been a Chiefs fan since Lamar moved them to KC and never has my life changed because of how the team did on the field. 

My life hasn't changed, but I've sure thrown my share of cusswords at 'em since SB IV :lol: