9 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Ah, the brown Bad Call brick.

Someone gave me one of those, but I'm more inclined to yelling at the kids and kicking the dog or maybe the other way around.  Here's the real question.  If the Chiefs manage to win, will everyone be just as nervous for the SFO or GB game?  I doubt it since the Chiefs will be in uncharted territory at that point.  Just like enjoying the 2014 Royals in spite of losing the final game, we will look forward to next year.  Still, it would be tough to get that far and fall short. 

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Someone gave me one of those, but I'm more inclined to yelling at the kids and kicking the dog or maybe the other way around.  Here's the real question.  If the Chiefs manage to win, will everyone be just as nervous for the SFO or GB game?  I doubt it since the Chiefs will be in uncharted territory at that point.  Just like enjoying the 2014 Royals in spite of losing the final game, we will look forward to next year.  Still, it would be tough to get that far and fall short. 

Losing the AFC Championship game would be disappointing because we did that last year.  Losing the Super Bowl, while yes it would be disappointing, would be different, an acceptable end to a season, because it's somewhere we've not been before.  

I can't help but feel like the NFL is pulling for a Chiefs/Packers tilt in the super bowl.  Storylines everywhere.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I like the Royals comparison, but they kind of caught me off guard. I hadn't been following the Royals that much since I was a kid. All of a sudden, every alert on my phone - during the season -  was showing them winning. When they lost, I was disappointed; but still enjoyed the ride. They then, of course; came back and won it all the next year. 

The Chiefs are different because I've been following them for so long, and I been much more into it. 

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

I can't help but feel like the NFL is pulling for a Chiefs/Packers tilt in the super bowl.  Storylines everywhere.  

My incredibly hot coworker/work wife/cubicle mate is a psychotic 49rs fan.

I made a jersey bet with her if the SB is Chiefs/49rs.

Come on, Fate. Don't ruin this for me.

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

regardless of who'd they play  if today they come out victorious I'll be less nervous because as you said..uncharted territory and most likely good weather where hopefully the team speed can come into play

2 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Dang. I didn't think of that.

She'll just have to wear a Chiefs jersey of my choice. I have an old Derrick Thomas jersey that's a little too tight.

get her a cheap breakaway jersey with mesh in strategic places

4 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

My incredibly hot coworker/work wife/cubicle mate is a psychotic 49rs fan.

I made a jersey bet with her if the SB is Chiefs/49rs.

Come on, Fate. Don't ruin this for me.

Pics or we cant believe you!

17 hours ago, moons314 said:

Losing the AFC Championship game would be disappointing because we did that last year.  Losing the Super Bowl, while yes it would be disappointing, would be different, an acceptable end to a season, because it's somewhere we've not been before.  

State Farm is definitely pulling for it.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:20 PM, Calichief said:

We have the best player in the league who happens to be a generational talent. And the talent to be the best ever.  The best skill position talent in the league. We have the best defensive leader in the league. The best coach remaining. We are equally the hottest team in the league. We were here last year. Enjoy this.

All were true 

13 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Dang. I didn't think of that.

She'll just have to wear a Chiefs jersey of my choice. I have an old Derrick Thomas jersey that's a little too tight.

Pick a white jersey. A white jersey that you "accidentally" dropped in cold water just before she puts it on.