NFL playoff football

1 minute ago, xen said:

Seriously Tony Romo is a fantastic play by play guy.  He sucked ass as a player, but he's great in the booth.

He's the best color guy in the business right now.  He gives you insight from a player's perspective, but also is a big fan.  

Wanna know who is horrible?  I watched Inside the NFL on Showtime for the first time in years.   For the love of god Ray Lewis is abysmal to listen to. 

3 minutes ago, Joe_Chief said:

I prefer Buck to Romo...

Romo is TOO excitable.  I like listening to him when I'm neutral on who wins and it's a good game.  But he's hard to listen to when we're struggling and he's praising the other team.

I like Joe Buck, don't understand what people have against him.  He's accurate in his calls, a little understated.  I know people didn't like his call on the Moss fake moon like 15 years ago, but come on.  In Buck's booth Aikman is the idiot I can't stand listening too, because he doesn't really understand modern football and rarely offers anything insightful.

Both booths are by far preferable to MNF and Eagle/Fouts.

My perfect theoretical booth might be Al Michaels plus Romo but only after a Xanax and a scotch.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Romo is TOO excitable.  I like listening to him when I'm neutral on who wins and it's a good game.  But he's hard to listen to when we're struggling and he's praising the other team.

I like Joe Buck, don't understand what people have against him.  He's accurate in his calls, a little understated.  I know people didn't like his call on the Moss fake moon like 15 years ago, but come on.  In Buck's booth Aikman is the idiot I can't stand listening too, because he doesn't really understand modern football and rarely offers anything insightful.

Both booths are by far preferable to MNF and Eagle/Fouts.

My perfect theoretical booth might be Al Michaels plus Romo but only after a Xanax and a scotch.

I find Buck to be dry, somewhat robotic.  And honestly, I just can't stand his face.   To be fair, I never claimed my hatred of Buck was 100% sane.   There's just something about him that just rubs me very, very wrong. 

The color guy's job is to bring some energy to the broadcast and explain why things are going well for whomever is doing well at the time.  Not sure I see the problem.

Romo is as good at explaining what's happening and things people would miss as anyone.  Case in point when he called it at the point he knew Mahomes had figured out the Tit's defensive gameplan, right as the comeback started.

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Seriously Tony Romo is a fantastic play by play guy.  He sucked ass as a player, but he's great in the booth.

he's got some insight but what QB wouldn't?

he's just so damned vanilla... team does good, he's on their wagon... does bad... he's off their wagon

he was giving Henry fallatio the entire 1st half... for some reason he stopped in the second half

Looks like its gonna be us vs the 49ers!   Gonna be tough!   They have a great Dline, and they run the ball with some explosive guys which scare me more than a big lumbering guy like Henry.   We have Mahomes which is the great equalizer but they are boat racing the Packers.

17 minutes ago, moons314 said:

I find Buck to be dry, somewhat robotic.  And honestly, I just can't stand his face.   To be fair, I never claimed my hatred of Buck was 100% sane.   There's just something about him that just rubs me very, very wrong. 

Give me dry and robotic over someone who is too excitable but doesn't know what they're talking about.  I think someone like Ian Eagle is the worst for this, especially paired with an even bigger dolt in Fouts.

But obviously you're allowed to have your opinions, and I understand disliking someone for irrational reasons.

17 minutes ago, xen said:

The color guy's job is to bring some energy to the broadcast and explain why things are going well for whomever is doing well at the time.  Not sure I see the problem.

Like I said, I acknowledge that objectively he's good.  If I don't have a vested interest in the game, I like listening to him.  But he ups my anxiety with the Chiefs.  And it was soooo annoying to listen to him in last year's AFCCG or that TNF game against Oakland where we kept giving them all the plays at the goal line in the last seconds.  So that's where my irrational hate comes from.

Doesn't matter, next game is with Buck and Aikman no matter who we like.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Like I said, I acknowledge that objectively he's good.  If I don't have a vested interest in the game, I like listening to him.  But he ups my anxiety with the Chiefs.  And it was soooo annoying to listen to him in last year's AFCCG or that TNF game against Oakland where we kept giving them all the plays at the goal line in the last seconds.  So that's where my irrational hate comes from.

Doesn't matter, next game is with Buck and Aikman no matter who we like.

Gotcha.  Yeah we all have guys that just grate our nerves 

romo is the best.. there’s no comparison. he gives every fan intel during the game and he has fun doing. the guys i can’t stand is first aikman. he’s a nfc homer and you can tell. boomer mcfarland is the other along with fouts. 

romo today picks up on things that no one else does like the goal line defense spags called i  the middle of the field. the routes etc. 

31 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Buck is ok but hearing him reminds me of the 2014 World Series he called and he wouldn’t shut up about Madison Bumgarner.  

You're not wrong, although every announcer does that.  I can only imagine how fans of other teams feel about what the announcers say about Mahomes, if not yet then definitely over the next few years.