21 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

50 years. 

I'm thinking back on all those seasons.

Livingston, Kenney, that other guy, DeBerg, that guy from Seattle, Grbac, Green, Thigpen, Cassell, Smith .....  

Every season hoping for a SB. Several seasons actually believing it. Let down every year. 

Not this year.

I'd cut Smith & Green some slack.

However, how's this for a string of QBs .....?  1) Damon Huard; 2) Tyler Thigpen; 3) Brodie Croyle; 4) Tyler Palko; 5) Matt Cassell; 6) Brady Quinn; 7) Kyle Orton.

The QB lineage above just boggles my mind.

19 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I almost cried when Reid held up the Hunt trophy. And I'm dead inside, so getting that close is something...

You know when Andy was hired that Clark told him how much winning that trophy would mean. I think selflesslly he just estatic to give that gift to the guy who hired him. But I think what really drives Andy is getting that next win. He will have checked every box with that.  

I didn't physically cry, but on the inside I felt all these weird emotions.  Sorta like when my first child was born..cant really explain it. I'm 48, been a fan since I was 8. 3 yrs ago I had already accepted the fact that I would die and never see my favorite team in Superbowl. 

Yesterday was like being freed some weird mental bondage that I've been in since that infamous elliot missed kick.

Yesterday,  I was finally free.

Go chiefs. 

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I'd cut Smith & Green some slack.

However, how's this for a string of QBs .....?  1) Damon Huard; 2) Tyler Thigpen; 3) Brodie Croyle; 4) Tyler Palko; 5) Matt Cassell; 6) Brady Quinn; 7) Kyle Orton.

The QB lineage above just boggles my mind.

I didn't list their names to put them down. Not at all. I was a fan of every one. Green, in particular, was a SB quality QB and would have a ring if KC had a defense in 2003.

45 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

would have a ring if KC had a defense in 2003.

Brings up one of my favorite sayings. "If the dog hadn't stopped to piss, he'd have caught the rabbit."  But yeah, I think you are right.  Green and the 2003 offense were good enough to get there.  But we have seen over and over that well balanced teams are the ones that get there, with rare exceptions.  Our only SB championship we had both a very good offense along with a world shattering defense.

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Not made up guys.    I lived through those 50 yeArs.    The water faucets were on.   Couldn't help it.

Sounds like a lot of us.  Emotions are more easily and honestly expressed when we get old. No point in trying to put on an unemotional face. We have more years of pent up disappointments and unfulfilled dreams to let go of when something like this happens.  After all, being a fan is, by definition, something that happens at the level of emotions, not reason. Plus, we have to consider the senility aspect as well. :lol:

On 1/19/2020 at 6:31 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

50 years. 

I'm thinking back on all those seasons.

Livingston, Kenney, that other guy, DeBerg, that guy from Seattle, Grbac, Green, Thigpen, Cassell, Smith ..... 

Every season hoping for a SB. Several seasons actually believing it. Let down every year. 

Not this year.

came close with Joe... but he got 'martyballed'

18 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Sounds like a lot of us.  Emotions are more easily and honestly expressed when we get old. No point in trying to put on an unemotional face. We have more years of pent up disappointments and unfulfilled dreams to let go of when something like this happens.  After all, being a fan is, by definition, something that happens at the level of emotions, not

reason. Plus, we have to consider the senility aspect as well.  :lol: 

Hey I'm old... and just as loyal to my Chiefs... but I didn't come close to shedding tears.

Here's my reaction, when I first realized we beat Tenn... but then realized we were in the SB:

giphy.gif

A couple of days later, and I'm still high as f@@k!

Demons Exorcised:

The 70 Dolphins - Exorcised!

the 71 dolphins   - Exorcised!

the 93 Dolphins  - Exorcised!

the 95 Colts  - Exorcised!

the 97 Broncos - well, screw them Gonzales DIN"T PUSH off! - still pisssed

the 03 Colts  - Exorcised! no fumbles this game

2016 Steelers feild goal game  - Exorcised!

2017 Colts   - Exorcised!

thanks Patrick and Andy

21 minutes ago, the Warparty said:

A couple of days later, and I'm still high as f@@k!

Demons Exorcised:

The 70 Dolphins - Exorcised!

the 71 dolphins   - Exorcised!

the 93 Dolphins  - Exorcised!

the 95 Colts  - Exorcised!

the 97 Broncos - well, screw them Gonzales DIN"T PUSH off! - still pisssed

the 03 Colts  - Exorcised! no fumbles this game

2016 Steelers feild goal game  - Exorcised!

2017 Colts   - Exorcised!

thanks Patrick and Andy

No shit.  Good summary.  I had made those things mostly disappear from my thoughts, but the emotional damage has been indelible. But it's finally gone now.

16 hours ago, mex said:

Hey I'm old... and just as loyal to my Chiefs... but I didn't come close to shedding tears.

Here's my reaction, when I first realized we beat Tenn... but then realized we were in the SB:

giphy.gif

Good selfie.  That's exactly how I visualize you.