Chiefs QB Aaron Murray practices on Monday, is ineligible for PUP list

Smith was benched behind Kap.

facts are facts....

w

That's not the same as being a guy with no starter potiential.  Alex Smith was not acquired to be a backup.  Same for Matt Cassel, as well.  The Chiefs still overpaid for both.  

No team thinks Chase Daniel is a starter,.  He is a true "backup QB".

That's not the same as being a guy with no starter potiential. Alex Smith was not acquired to be a backup. Same for Matt Cassel, as well. The Chiefs still overpaid for both.

No team thinks Chase Daniel is a starter,. He is a true "backup QB".

No team thought Kurt Warner was a starter. Steve Young or Bret Farve for that matter. Hell you could put Kelly, McNair, and a few others who played in Canada, USFL, and Europe. Chase looked pretty damn good against SD last year with a bunch of backups. What could he do with starters and taking all the reps? And no I am not a Daniel fan.

No team thought Kurt Warner was a starter. Steve Young or Bret Farve for that matter. Hell you could put Kelly, McNair, and a few others who played in Canada, USFL, and Europe. Chase looked pretty damn good against SD last year with a bunch of backups. What could he do with starters and taking all the reps? And no I am not a Daniel fan.

In case you didn't get the memo.

You can't use that charger game for any sort of chiefs performance reference.

Well one exception, Ryan Succup.  :D

Funny story from Camp Sunday.  Things were winding down and few players were left signing.  Some girl went bolting down the hill to where succup was at.   Guy she was with said why you going to succup?   She said I'm not gonna pass a chance to get a signature from the teams leading scorer.  Not sure if it was true or not.  But it made me laugh non-the-less. :D

Steve Young was absolutely thought of as a starter.  He left to play in the USFL.  While gone TB drafted Vinnie Testeverde, so they traded him to SF who took him as heir to Joe Montana.  Atlanta absolutely thought of Bret Favre as a starter.  He almost partied himself out of the league.  So were Moon and Jim Kelly

Are you really going to compare Chase Daniel to some of the all time greats?  Or, are you arguing for the sake of argument?

The problem with this board, and probably with fans of all teams is they overvalue their ordinary or less players.  Ones like Chase Daniels or Rishaw Johnson.

If you are going to base your assessment of them off of a loss to a fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense, well, I hope you survive when reality kicks your ass,

In case you didn't get the memo.

You can't use that charger game for any sort of chiefs performance reference.

Well one exception, Ryan Succup.  :D

Funny story from Camp Sunday.  Things were winding down and few players were left signing.  Some girl went bolting down the hill to where succup was at.   Guy she was with said why you going to succup?   She said I'm not gonna pass a chance to get a signature from the teams leading scorer.  Not sure if it was true or not.  But it made me laugh non-the-less. :D

Very funny smart guy.  That's exactly what this board would be saying had they stunk it up.  "it's just one game."  Since the team did well it means all players in the game are "diamonds in the rough"

Very funny smart guy.  That's exactly what this board would be saying had they stunk it up.  "it's just one game."  Since the team did well it means all players in the game are "diamonds in the rough"

I thought it was funny.   :D

Might as well have some fun since the season is lost. ehh?

I thought it was funny.   :D

Might as well have some fun since the season is lost. ehh?

I don't look at it that way despite what u may think.  When the team has bad years I shift focus to individuals and unfortunately the draft.  Gotta look forward.

I expected six wins last year but was wrong.  Nothing goes exactly as you'd expect.  I didn't expect the NFCE to fall apart.

Just cuz I have middle of the road expectations doesn't mean I don't look forward to the season.  I hope to be wrong.  Besides I'm a fan of the NFL, not just KC.  I can watch any game.  In other sports, if my team sucks I don't watch, except NHL playoff hockey.

PS:  I confess I sold my tickets to the 2012 DEN-KC season ended out of disgust for the time wasted on Romeo Crennel.

I don't look at it that way despite what u may think.  When the team has bad years I shift focus to individuals and unfortunately the draft.  Gotta look forward.

I expected six wins last year but was wrong.  Nothing goes exactly as you'd expect.  I didn't expect the NFCE to fall apart.

Just cuz I have middle of the road expectations doesn't mean I don't look forward to the season.  I hope to be wrong.  Besides I'm a fan of the NFL, not just KC.  I can watch any game.  In other sports, if my team sucks I don't watch, except NHL playoff hockey.

PS:  I confess I sold my tickets to the 2012 DEN-KC season ended out of disgust for the time wasted on Romeo Crennel.

I hear ya mongo.  Just having some fun.  I would have heart failure if I paid a 1/4 of attention to any other sports like I do the the Chiefs and NFL.  It consumes me.    

I've held on to the season tickets since 98.  If Pioli wouldn't have been sent packing I was done.  I'm looking forward to the primtime games this year.  The kids are really digging it now too.  Took them both to training camp last Sunday and they LOVED it!! From my son running through the football challenges at a minimum 40 times.  To them getting autographs.  Big time memories for all of us! 

One in particular was when we were watching players exit practice on the hill.   Charles ended up going further down on the barricades from where we were.  I didn't think we could get in there so I just planned on staying put.  But my 9 year old daughter had other plans, she took out to him.  You could see the panic in her face cause there was No way she was getting in with that crowd.  I grabbed her hat and dove in.  Missed the first time and got in position again he got it and signed it.  She gave me the biggest neck hug and thank you daddy I've ever received.   The autographs aren't a big deal to me but it definitely meant a TON to them.

I feel pride and guilt at the same time.  Love seeing them get into the team but guilty for them latching on to an organization that has done nothing but flounder!!   Hope they don't experience near the heart ache I have.   :)

Chiefs are due....Hunt is hiring the right guys and he is spending the $$$.

Reid and Dorsey seem to have their act together.......

and

at least your Children are being raised right!

What if they were Raider Fans?

w :o

Chiefs are due....Hunt is hiring the right guys and he is spending the $$$.

Reid and Dorsey seem to have their act together.......

and

at least your Children are being raised right!

What if they were Raider Fans?

w :o

They would be homeless.  :P  :D

Steve Young was absolutely thought of as a starter.  He left to play in the USFL.  While gone TB drafted Vinnie Testeverde, so they traded him to SF who took him as heir to Joe Montana.  Atlanta absolutely thought of Bret Favre as a starter.  He almost partied himself out of the league.  So were Moon and Jim Kelly

Are you really going to compare Chase Daniel to some of the all time greats?  Or, are you arguing for the sake of argument?

The problem with this board, and probably with fans of all teams is they overvalue their ordinary or less players.  Ones like Chase Daniels or Rishaw Johnson.

If you are going to base your assessment of them off of a loss to a fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense, well, I hope you survive when reality kicks your ass,

First and foremost I never said Chase was equal to any of those I mentioned, if you would read post vs bitch about the team and argue with people who don't see things your way you would know this. I said he looked pretty good against SD and nobody knows what he could do with starters and taking more reps. Nowhere in there did I say he was better than any of the HOFers mentioned.

Actually Young was a bust in TB and that is why they drafted Testies and traded him to SF. He had a record of 3-16 with TB with 11 TDs to 21 Ints.

Favre was a 2nd RD draft pick if everyone thought he was a starter then why did every team pass on him? Favre only threw 4 passes for Atlanta and two of them were for interceptions, that doesn't sound like a team that knew he was a starter. They traded him one year after drafting him.

Shit Moon went un-drafted and that is why he went to the Canadian football league.

Kelly was the only one you listed that was drafted by an NFL team (not in a supplemental draft) out of those you named that were drafted in the 1st round.

By the way, McNair spent his first 2 seasons backing Chandler. Now tell me how does a team draft a player 3rd overall and sit him basically for 2 seasons if he was thought of as a starter. He was backing up Chandler, not Montana or Elway. 

Please get your facts straight before you speak out, maybe people would take you more seriously.

As far as fans valuing players I don't believe people overvalue everyday players I believe you undervalue possibly good players. Nobody, not even you Nostradamus, knows how a player will play out their career when given a chance.

If you didn't notice that fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense you are talking about beat the AFC North Champs who had the 6th rank scoring offense and the 5th ranked scoring defense on the road. Then gave up only 24 points and lost by 7 to the highest scoring offense in the NFL history again on the road. So I wouldn't look at SD as being a fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense. Again get your facts straight before spouting off.

First and foremost I never said Chase was equal to any of those I mentioned, if you would read post vs bitch about the team and argue with people who don't see things your way you would know this. I said he looked pretty good against SD and nobody knows what he could do with starters and taking more reps. Nowhere in there did I say he was better than any of the HOFers mentioned.

Actually Young was a bust in TB and that is why they drafted Testies and traded him to SF. He had a record of 3-16 with TB with 11 TDs to 21 Ints.

Favre was a 2nd RD draft pick if everyone thought he was a starter then why did every team pass on him? Favre only threw 4 passes for Atlanta and two of them were for interceptions, that doesn't sound like a team that knew he was a starter. They traded him one year after drafting him.

Shit Moon went un-drafted and that is why he went to the Canadian football league.

Kelly was the only one you listed that was drafted by an NFL team (not in a supplemental draft) out of those you named that were drafted in the 1st round.

By the way, McNair spent his first 2 seasons backing Chandler. Now tell me how does a team draft a player 3rd overall and sit him basically for 2 seasons if he was thought of as a starter. He was backing up Chandler, not Montana or Elway. 

Please get your facts straight before you speak out, maybe people would take you more seriously.

As far as fans valuing players I don't believe people overvalue everyday players I believe you undervalue possibly good players. Nobody, not even you Nostradamus, knows how a player will play out their career when given a chance.

If you didn't notice that fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense you are talking about beat the AFC North Champs who had the 6th rank scoring offense and the 5th ranked scoring defense on the road. Then gave up only 24 points and lost by 7 to the highest scoring offense in the NFL history again on the road. So I wouldn't look at SD as being a fringe playoff team with a mediocre defense. Again get your facts straight before spouting off.

Maybe my memory wasn't exactly correct about Steve Young but the point was TB was inept.  Maybe you missed that in your Wikipedia research to discuss a post.  

You don't have to be an R1 pick to be regarded as having "starter potiential" -- something most of those players you mentioned had.  That is something Chase Daniel does not have nor ever will.  That was the point you missed.  That is why no one will trade a high pick for him, the entire point of the discussion.

San Diego was a team that started poorly, got hot and barely made the playoffs, if I recall without investigation.  Why don't u go verify?  Otherwise that explains the term "fringe" playoff team.  As for beating CIN, who cares?  CIN sucks as well as 90% of the rest of the AFC save DEN, BAL and NE.  CIN or SD wouldn't make the playoffs if they were in their NFC counterpart.

Even if I regarded SD as the very best team in the NFL, it wouldn't change my opinion of Chase Daniel.  Fools make those mistakes over QB who do well in larger samples.  See Doug Johnson, Scott Mitchell, and unfortunately, Elvis Grbac and Matt Cassel.  Something else no one wanted to hear at the time.

Next, I don't have to be Nostradamus to know facts.  Ones like a majority of R5-7 picks and UDFA are out of the league within 3-4 years.  Sorry I don't have the exact number.  I'll leave that to you, Research Boy.

So while you are right, I don't know if any one player is going to be that special Kevin Ross guy, I know its likely he isn't.  And when a team is hinging its hopes one 5 or 6 such guys, they are asking for trouble.

Lastly, and most importantly, I really could give a shit about your opinion of my posts.  By all means, block me.

You're right I do look things up from time to time because unlike you I don't care to be perceived as talking out my ass most of the time. Also you must care about my opinion since you replied. The reason I don't block you is because you are a good reminder of how idiotic people are out there and your a good source of comic relief.

You're right I do look things up from time to time because unlike you I don't care to be perceived as talking out my ass most of the time. Also you must care about my opinion since you replied. The reason I don't block you is because you are a good reminder of how idiotic people are out there and your a good source of comic relief.

ROFLMAO

Idiotic?  You're the one proposing Chase Daniel could be Brett Favre or Steve Young if he played with the ones and received more reps.  This based on one game.  Talk about an idiotic opinion and talking out of one's ass.  I believe my opinion is more likely to be correct than yours.  

BTW:  Before commenting on one's intelligence, you might want to check your spelling first.  "you're a good source of comic relief" would be proper.

Ah yes attacking spelling and grammar, the act of a desperate man. By the way I never said he could be as good as them just that we will never know how he could play until he gets a chance. Tsk tsk learn to read the post.

No, the act of a desperate man is to resort to insults when they can't prove their point.  A desperate man avoids the points of an argument when he cannot prove or disprove the point.  There is no desperation on my part.  I read your post, and I can tell you I know Chase Daniel will never be the player that even Alex Smith is.  

How do I know?  Because he's on his 3rd team already and has been in the league 5 years now.  He's been in training camps.  I believe he does get some time with ones in camp and even in preseason games.  He's been evaluated by scouts, coaches and GM.  In a league starved for QB, he was signed to be a backup when he was a free agent.  That's because that's what he is, was, and that's all he ever will be.  

No team will give up more than an R5 for Chase Daniels because he isn't that good.  One game versus SD doesn't change that.  There are no unknowns with him. There's no Cinderella, Kurt Warner fantasy with him. 

Tsk tsk tsk the ramblings of a crazy man. Not to hard to get you riled up over something that will never happen. I have no more time for you I have grass to watch grow.

You haven't "riled up" anything. Go watch the grass.  Its better than your commentary on this post.

Archived