deion sanders

Just now, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Average Cornerback couldn't hold Albert Lewis' jock but got slobbered over by the NFL media. 

Boring.

Started the Non-Tackling DB Club. His specialty was to run into receivers and hope either they were close enough to the sidelines so they would go out of bounds or they would trip and fall.

12 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

anyone watching nfl game day prime. deion is a asshole. piece of garbage. 

never says anything good about the chiefs. 

He was a very good player, and one of the best; but I've never cared for his commentary. I don't even have to watch to know that he's just butthurt that the Chiefs shut down Henry. He probably thought the Titans were going to win. I don't care. 

I lived when he had honey badger on. He told prime 15 is the best player in the nfl. 

man I hate that guy  it was a better show when LT Shannon and him were together  at least LT and Shanonon would give him gears  

can’t wait to hear Shannon give it skip Bayless  

I acknowledge he was a good two-sport Legend but he is a certified Kansas City Chiefs hater. He can't stand that we are where we are. I wonder if anybody else notice it. If I was a chief player I wouldn't give him a time of day. Is NFL Prime show today was ridiculous. Instead of hating on us so much you need to learn how to pronounce the word just it is not "jest" can't stand that mofo

14 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Average Cornerback couldn't hold Albert Lewis' jock but got slobbered over by the NFL media. 

Boring.

He was as elite of a corner as I’ve ever seen personally. He simply shut down most WRs with no safety help. The epic battles between him and the GOAT at WR were football at its best. 

46 minutes ago, Arrowhead78 said:

Prime was a certified prick last night. He needs to get off of Lamars cock. That mofo is watchin from the couch!

He's always gave others more credit than us, says are defense is always the reason. The Pat haters always say it's cause the weapons but last I checked the Ravens are loaded with a good oline and te group. I feel confident in saying pat in that lineup would dwarf Lamar's passing #'s.

15 hours ago, omahacolt said:

It is beyond me that this clown has a platform to speak.  He is a complete moron

absolutely

he couldn't tackle

all he could do was flash a little speed, while playing for teams that dominated enough to force their opponents to make a lot of ill-advised throws, late in games, in his direction

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He was as elite of a corner as I’ve ever seen personally. He simply shut down most WRs with no safety help. The epic battles between him and the GOAT at WR were football at its best. 

Sanders was the most over rated player in my life time.

He was an excellent cover guy, yes. But, Lewis was better. 

And Lewis made tackles.

49 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

And Lewis made tackles.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who played against him that would agree. He's the best I've ever seen. “He’s the best coverage corner in history,” said Bill Walsh told me in 2006. “With Deion, we played games against quarterbacks who would never look on the side of the field Deion was on,” former coach Barry Switzer said. “We’d put him on certain receivers based on situations, and we took that receiver out of the play. What he did was he allowed the other cornerback, both safeties and four linebackers to focus on four other receivers.”' He's the best I ever played against. I used to have nightmares before matchups with him, said Jerry Rice. '

In the metric introduced by Stats, LLC, called the 'individual defensive passer rating' Sanders led the NFL three times (1994, 95, 97) and was second in 1996. Gannett News Service's Joel Buchsbaum, a premier talent evaluator of the time said in the early to mid-1990s, "(W)ill take the opponent's best receiver out of the game" and "is the best athlete and cover cornerback in the league" and later added, "Perhaps the best cover corner ever with great big-play potential".

He was a complete ass off the field skewing some peoples perception. But you will never find a top ten corner list made by players or coaches without his name on there. That says is all. Albert Lewis was a good player. One of my favorites and one of the top three corners in franchise history. But he wasn't in Prime Times class in the way he impacted a game. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:29 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

And Lewis made tackles.

this

sanders couldn't tackle because he didn't want to tackle

lewis was 100 times better... so was dale carter, briefly

44 minutes ago, mex said:

this

sanders couldn't tackle because he didn't want to tackle

lewis was 100 times better... so was dale carter, briefly

Lewis played in the media black hole of KC and didn't have flashy, self-promoting press conferences. So, he got no publicity and was unknown outside of the KC fanbase.

Lewis was better than Sanders. There is no question. 

Sanders may have been the best cover corner.  Maybe not.  But he wasn't the best overall corner.  Gotta tackle for that honor.  Don't know who was.  Hard to compare guys in earlier eras when you could literally assault receivers on the field.