6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The attitudes of HB and Clark turned this team around. Houston and Berry never had the intensity and lay it all out on the line that these two have. Suggs added the additional piece for the playoffs. 

HB made some incredible hits yesterday..

3 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

This by far has been the biggest improvement since last year. This defense played sooo much better and played with a lot more intensity down the stretch.

This Defense needs as much props as the offense right now.

One more guys!

Since that Titans game in early November it seems like every time they needed a big stop, they got it. Almost lost amid yesterday’s unbelievable win is reality this team hasn’t lost a game in over two months. The D played a huge part in that.  

8 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The attitudes of HB and Clark turned this team around. Houston and Berry never had the intensity and lay it all out on the line that these two have. Suggs added the additional piece for the playoffs. 

Keep all the guys we have now.  Resign Jones, Ogbah, KPass, and Pennel.  Add 1 - 2 LBs and 1 - 2 DBs.

If we find a stud IOL, LB, DB, or RB it is going to make us super scary to face!

Someone mentioned getting Breeland Speaks back next year at interior DL which will also be interesting.

Balto, what say you?

Its funny.  With the evolution of our defense over the course of the year, I just don't know what our draft priorities will be anymore.  Between the players on IR and the young guys that are starting to show us what they can do It really is hard to pick out a glaring need on the defense anymore. 

What a great problem to have!!!

4 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Its funny.  With the evolution of our defense over the course of the year, I just don't know what our draft priorities will be anymore.  Between the players on IR and the young guys that are starting to show us what they can do It really is hard to pick out a glaring need on the defense anymore. 

What a great problem to have!!!

Depends what we resign. I would go LB and CB for depth and development. Get a C or G too. A 2nd TE would be nice as would a possession type receiver with height and physicality.

Frank Clark man! Whole lot of people jumped on him for stuff he said prior to the AFCCG. Especially about Henry. Well he backed it up! When James Palmer interviewed him after the game he looked totally gassed. He had laid it all out for his team. Dee who?

Its pretty clear to me that Spagnuolo is just a much better coach than Sutton. The guys game plans and playcalling make it really hard on offenses. And Ive spent 3 yrs talking about how Sorenson sucked. Spags has turned him into a weapon. 

That's the true mark of a good coach. Sutton wanted to take players and force them to do what worked in his system in the past. Even if it didn't match their strengths at all. Spags is the opposite.

We have a really tough game coming up. But if we can defend the run well again...we can win it.

48 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Its pretty clear to me that Spagnuolo is just a much better coach than Sutton. The guys game plans and playcalling make it really hard on offenses. And Ive spent 3 yrs talking about how Sorenson sucked. Spags has turned him into a weapon. 

That's the true mark of a good coach. Sutton wanted to take players and force them to do what worked in his system in the past. Even if it didn't match their strengths at all. Spags is the opposite.

We have a really tough game coming up. But if we can defend the run well again...we can win it.

Imagine what he can do when we start filling in holes with guys drafted for his scheme?    Imagine what he can do with some real legit LB's......its scary how good they could be and I think they are pretty good now!

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Imagine what he can do when we start filling in holes with guys drafted for his scheme?    Imagine what he can do with some real legit LB's......its scary how good they could be and I think they are pretty good now!

The defense has become good enough to complement the high octane offense, but a lot depends on who the Chiefs can afford to resign for next season.  They have to address the LB and CB situations, keep Jones, and maybe consider Ogbah and Okafor.  If Thornhil can play all or most of next season, that will help and Speaks can remove a need to resign a D-lineman.  The D can be better, but I don't expect it to become a top defense with all the cap limitations unless the Chiefs hit a home run in the draft. 

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Depends what we resign. I would go LB and CB for depth and development. Get a C or G too. A 2nd TE would be nice as would a possession type receiver with height and physicality.

I'm right there with you on this.  I just think its funny because we are always drafting for need and not for the long run.  You expect your 1st and 2nd round picks to be starters game one.  We actually don't have to place that expectation on them.  But yes, PLEASE draft a TE!  I've always wanted to see our looks with 2 solid TEs

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Couldn't agree more with this.

Dirty Dan was always the butt of everyone's joke. He's playing lights out this postseason.   Think of all the great TIMELY plays he's made. I shit my pants when he made the fake punt stop.  Seriously, never saw him play better and I'd have to attribute some of his success to Spags scheme.

We are light years ahead of Sleepy Sutton

43 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I honestly believe this is a top 10 defense right now. No way would I trade with the pats defense for the super bowl if that was an option. 

Agreed.  I believe they're getting more confident too which is going to make them better vs San Fran

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Definitely much better than Sutton. Sutton has been trying to make players fit a system without bending it one bit whereas Spags seems to customize his scheme based on the talent he has. The players seem to be coached up as well, we have players like Dirty Dan playing in a way he couldn't do before and overall tackling seems to be much improved. 

44 minutes ago, hankstromboli said:

Couldn't agree more with this.

Dirty Dan was always the butt of everyone's joke. He's playing lights out this postseason.   Think of all the great TIMELY plays he's made. I shit my pants when he made the fake punt stop.  Seriously, never saw him play better and I'd have to attribute some of his success to Spags scheme.

We are light years ahead of Sleepy Sutton

Dan looks different to me.  He looks lighter and faster.  That's been the part of the problem the past couple years--he lacked the speed and athleticism to cover, but not quite big enough to play in the box.  He just seems to move better, even watching him before the games.

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Dan looks different to me.  He looks lighter and faster.  That's been the part of the problem the past couple years--he lacked the speed and athleticism to cover, but not quite big enough to play in the box.  He just seems to move better, even watching him before the games.

Y, very different player from the last couple years.

I always considered him a detriment to the defense.  Not a great cover guy and not a solid tackler.  This year looks like he's a contributor.    

Honestly I don't remember him ever making as many plays over the last couple years than he has made in these 2 playoff games 

15 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I just think we can all agree on: Fuck Bob Sutton and the disaster he was. Spags and his staff have done a hell of a job. All coaches say they want to put players in positions to succeed, Spags actually does it.  So refreshing!

we would not have won the conference and gone beyond if werthers was still the DC, he probably would have Clark dropping back in coverage instead of rushing the passer