2 hours ago, Wolfscall said:

Gonna be watching it at my local pub. We do our own version of a tailgate party. Everyone brings something to eat. Along with drums, horns and assorted noisemakers for the game. Been a Tablerock tradition for the last 14 years. 

Where's this at, I'd like to come to one next season!

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Very iffy. My budget isn't $5,000..I'd go half that probably which won't cut it unless I find a season ticket holder who won the lottery and has an extra ticket. 

They are the ones selling for 5K. I've been all over the market and you need to cough up some serious bucks for even the lamest seats. 

19 minutes ago, Gil said:

I host a SB party every year. This one will be fuckin' epic!

I tell ya Gil, I've thought about throwing a SB party but here in AZ, aside from my son, there are few die hard Chiefs fans. So the non Chiefs fans are talking about sales at the store, the weather, how great their non-SB teams are. Too distracting. It'll just be me and my son, chowing on KC BBQ, yelling at the TV for 3 hours (my wife wanders in occasionally at her own risk) and then jumping for joy at the end. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

They are the ones selling for 5K. I've been all over the market and you need to cough up some serious bucks for even the lamest seats. 

Its pretty interesting though that Chiefs season ticket holders were told when they before they purchased tickets that reselling these tickets would result in losing your Chiefs tickets in the future. The way all of these sales are internet based and easily trackable, this might actually hold some water. Also only 11 percent of the tickets go to each team. So the vast majority was in league control. 

On 1/20/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mloe68 said:

Very iffy. My budget isn't $5,000..I'd go half that probably which won't cut it unless I find a season ticket holder who won the lottery and has an extra ticket. 

guaranteed you'll find a scalper for way less than that right before the game

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

just me & POOT and the dog named Duke.. do have a couple of 3# Tomahawk steaks  to be grilled  ( weather looks to be good for that) and Wellers Bourbon

I'll be watching in the living room maybe with some friends, but likely by my lonesome so I can pace, drink, and cuss with impunity 

We attend an annual SB feast and game watch every year next door in AZ.  Usually between 40 to 50 people come and nearly all are Chiefs fans.  Even those who usually just want the food and watch the commercials will be paying attention to the game this time.  They'll hear us all over the area if the Chiefs win. 

13 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Its pretty interesting though that Chiefs season ticket holders were told when they before they purchased tickets that reselling these tickets would result in losing your Chiefs tickets in the future. The way all of these sales are internet based and easily trackable, this might actually hold some water. Also only 11 percent of the tickets go to each team. So the vast majority was in league control. 

If you ask me each team should be allocated more tickets to be sold via their means and a general sale should only occur after a waiting period. With the way prices are going up it'll turn into NBA all-star game. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

If you ask me each team should be allocated more tickets to be sold via their means and a general sale should only occur after a waiting period. With the way prices are going up it'll turn into NBA all-star game. 

Reality is the conference championship games are for the fans. The leagues priority at the Super Bowl is to feed its corporate sponsors and deliver a product for TV which absolutely dominates any other type of programming for the year.