Chiefs to wear red, SF white unis

http://allfans.co/chiefs-wearing-red-49ers-to-don-white-and-gold-in-super-bowl/

Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers know which uniforms they will be wearing as they chase the Lombardi Trophy on Feb. 2 in Miami.

The 49ers will wear their traditional road uniform of a white jersey and gold pants, the team confirmed to NFL.com’s Kevin Patra on Monday. The Chiefs, the designated home team, will wear red jerseys.

The 49ers were expected to lobby to wear their all-white 1994 throwbacks, even though that’s currently not allowed, according to The Athletic’s David Lombardi. San Francisco successfully applied for an exception to wear them in Week 17.

The home team designation rotates between conferences. Last year, the NFC’s Los Angeles Rams elected to wear their blue-and-yellow gear, so the New England Patriots played in white.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

If 49ers want all white we should simply oblige and go out with all red. That would be a win-win for both sides.

It's an NFL issue because their all-whites are their throwbacks.  I don't know all the rules, but the NFL doesn't allow teams to wear their non-primary uniforms in the Super Bowl largely for marketing and merchandise reasons, because they sell versions with the Super Bowl patch, etc.  When teams have done so in the past it was because the "alternate" was their "primary" for that year, like when the 49ers wore the all whites against the Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX.  Check out the Uni Watch blog for more information.

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It's an NFL issue because their all-whites are their throwbacks.  I don't know all the rules, but the NFL doesn't allow teams to wear their non-primary uniforms in the Super Bowl largely for marketing and merchandise reasons, because they sell versions with the Super Bowl patch, etc.  When teams have done so in the past it was because the "alternate" was their "primary" for that year, like when the 49ers wore the all whites against the Chargers in Super Bowl XXIX.  Check out the Uni Watch blog for more information.

Makes sense to keep only the current uniforms but there doesn't seem to be anything stopping them from using this year's white jersey with this year's white pants and this year's reds in our case. With the way our DL has been playing lately all-red would give them a very mean look. 

13 hours ago, mex said:

I don't like the all-red

wear the colors we won the last two playoff games would be fine by me

I don't mind the superstition. We won our only SB with red on white but our DL would look really mean with all-red, for some reason it gives some nasty attitude to the roster.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:10 PM, mex said:

I don't like the all-red

wear the colors we won the last two playoff games would be fine by me

The all reds from the Vermiel years were the best unis in franchise history IMO.  They just looked good, and there's a degree of intimidation with the look of the all reds I think.  The white just seems so passive.

29 minutes ago, moons314 said:

The all reds from the Vermiel years were the best unis in franchise history IMO.  They just looked good, and there's a degree of intimidation with the look of the all reds I think.  The white just seems so passive.

We never wore all red (red jersey + red pants) until Andy.

6 hours ago, moons314 said:

Are you sure?  I swear I thought we did it in 03

Pretty sure.  As I remember it the first ever red over red game was in Reid's first year against Dallas.  These sources agree with me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logos_and_uniforms_of_the_Kansas_City_Chiefs

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/10/20/18003384/remembering-the-seven-times-the-chiefs-wore-red-on-red-uniforms