Chiefs 31-17

Mahomes 280, 2 TDs

Hill    6 receptions 90 yards

Kelce 10 receptions 127 yards

Defense holds them to 145 yards rushing.  Jimmy G is not up to the task.  Honey Bader with a pick 6.

We struggle early, get down a touchdown, do our late first half run and it's not as close as the final score would seem. 

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

dee ford tries to celebrate with the chiefs and frank clark tells him to F*ck Off

As much as that offsides killed me last year, we probably would still have Sutton if it hadn't happened.  For the long term good, it may work out to be a good thing. 

The KC defense isn't the same one that played the first half of the season.  SFO still has a better D and better rush attack, but KC showed Sunday that they can handle the run game.  Mahomes is a huge advantage over Garop and if he keeps the ball away from Sherman, KC can still win.  Should be an even match but so many even SBs turn into a blowout.

31-28

55 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The KC defense isn't the same one that played the first half of the season.  SFO still has a better D and better rush attack, but KC showed Sunday that they can handle the run game.  Mahomes is a huge advantage over Garop and if he keeps the ball away from Sherman, KC can still win.  Should be an even match but so many even SBs turn into a blowout.

31-28

Chiefs get the best pressure, up the middle. Niners are more on the edge. 
Id say it’s equal.

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

As much as that offsides killed me last year, we probably would still have Sutton if it hadn't happened.  For the long term good, it may work out to be a good thing. 

We'd probably already have a SB ring though too.  As much as I hate Bob Sutton a bird in the hand....lol

5 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

It's up to the Chiefs O-line and defense. 

If either plays a less than perfect game -- and doesn't eliminate the stupid penalties -- it's going to be a long afternoon.

Something few are talking about. Cannot make the same boneheaded type of plays against the Niners and expect to win. How many offsides did we commit against the TItans? Breeland holds on a 3rd down and forever play? WTF was he thinking? That wound up being a TD for them. 4th down late in the game. Everyone knew the fake punt was on and we just give it to them? That wound up being a TD drive as well. When you get the other guys in a bad situation you can't let them wiggle their way out of it. Chiefs have to play smart, disciplined football.

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

Something few are talking about. Cannot make the same boneheaded type of plays against the Niners and expect to win. How many offsides did we commit against the TItans? Breeland holds on a 3rd down and forever play? WTF was he thinking? That wound up being a TD for them. 4th down late in the game. Everyone knew the fake punt was on and we just give it to them? That wound up being a TD drive as well. When you get the other guys in a bad situation you can't let them wiggle their way out of it. Chiefs have to play smart, disciplined football.

That illustrates the point that many have made here in CTO.  Don't let the game be so close that one unfortunate play or bad call loses it.  If the Chiefs dominate, they don't have to be perfect and can build on the other team's mistakes.

On 1/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, jetlord said:

31-28

Not sure how much stock I'd put in the titans game.  Totally different styles of run game with the tits and 9ers.

I'm very interested to see what Spags comes up with.

Just now, xen said:

Not sure how much stock I'd put in the titans game.  Totally different styles of run game with the tits and 9ers.

I'm very interested to see what Spags comes up with.

Agree, but Spags has the horses to stop any run game if they're prepared and disciplined.  He figured out how to use Dirty Dan and HB in run support, something that would never have happened last year. 

I’ve watched all the Niners games. Give them credit. They are better than you might think.

and they don’t need jimmy g to win. 

defense is ferocious 

running game is genius, quick hitting creative runs with speedy backs

they are going to throw it to the backs a lot is my prediction as the chiefs have still struggled with that

jmo

45 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I’ve watched all the Niners games. Give them credit. They are better than you might think.

defense is ferocious 

they are going to throw it to the backs a lot is my prediction as the chiefs have still struggled with that

jmo

Rat Jr learned the running game from his dad. 

I wonder if they cut block like Rat Sr's offense. 

20 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Rat Jr learned the running game from his dad. 

I wonder if they cut block like Rat Sr's offense. 

It’s very cutback oriented 

dudes going untouched for 6-9 yards before even a finger touches them 

I've only watched a few 49ners games, and yes, they are a tough team. The game that stood out was against the Ravens. That was like a playoff game,  and took everything the Ravens had to beat them in bad weather, at home. 

Honestly, looking at it from the outside; I'd lean toward the 49ners, but Mahomes is the X factor.

The Chiefs defense is going to have to play like they did in the 2nd half against the Titans, and a little better.

I do think the Chiefs can win, but it's going to be tough.

The one thing that makes me feel better is, they have faced some pretty good defenses this year, and still moved the ball very well. 

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

defense is ferocious 

jmo

I completely agree!   That front 7 is down right nasty and our interior Oline is one of the 2 weakest links on this team with LB's being the other.   They match up well to exploit both of those weaknesses.   Deebo seems to have at least 1 huge run per game but I think you have to force Jimmy G to beat you.  I know thats not easy but I think Spags with two weeks can do a better job than GB and Andy Reid always does well with extra time.   I think it'll be a close game but this year has prepped us vs tough defenses and none of them have been able to completely shut down Pat the the O so this game will come down to our D being able to slow that run game down and TO's.   Chiefs 28- 24 49ers with Pat driving down the field on the last possession and scoring the game winning TD with less than 30 seconds on the clock.   

I’ve seen several people mention the 49ers defense has some real similarities to the Chargers and I think that holds water. Both Chargers games Mahomes was under 200 yards and we basically played a lot of ball control against deep cover 3 shell. Kelce vs F Warner matchup could be huge. Their pass rush forces QB turnovers at a shocking rate  I think the MVPs incredible feel for pressure carries us through that challenge. 

On defense Spags only went loaded box 12 percent of snaps last week. He trusted his run defense. Gotta think we’re gonna see similar. Then again Shanahan is a really good offensive coach who uses motion even more than Andy does to try and draw people out of position. 
This is a phenomenal matchup between clearly the leagues two best teams. 

Chiefs 27, 49ers 24

Chiefs 38-24

I'm tired of hearing about the SF defense.  Our offense might struggle for a quarter, or a half, but they aren't going to get shut down for the entire game.  Look at what we did in only a half against an elite Pats defense last year, or what we did to a very good Titans defense last week.  The only way SF stays in this game is if we turn the ball over.  We have the better QB by a mile, and they aren't going to win a shootout. These run first teams hiding subpar QB play get hyped then they get beat.  This is 2020, not 1980, you have to be able to throw the ball to win.  As long as the Chiefs don't meltdown and have a bunch of self inflicted wounds, this is a 2 score win.  

The recipe to beating this defense is a mobile QB. LJ beat em, Wilson once, & Rams and Cards got close. Rams had a great gameplan against Salah's as well as the Saints. Mahomes is going to do a lot of rolling out of the pocket and waiting for guys to crack their zone. Niners, although they have a great front are a bit shaky on their back end. Expect big plays down the field.

Defensively, gotta limit their outside runs. Niners toss and play that zone running game that Shanarat used to use in Denver. Gotta beat the Shanahan's scheme. Spags will have something nice. Suggs, is our X factor dude is a coach on the field and can dissect plays with the best of them.

No prediction quite yet...