Getting Suggs will pay off even more against the Niners.  Suggs has already seen them twice this year.   For a guy that studies as much as he does I would bet he will have some good info.  Might not show up in the stats but his presence on the team will have an impact from seeing the  niners twice to being in this position before and helping these guys prepare for what’s come next week.  

3 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

Getting Suggs will pay off even more against the Niners.  Suggs has already seen them twice this year.   For a guy that studies as much as he does I would bet he will have some good info.  Might not show up in the stats but his presence on the team will have an impact from seeing the  niners twice to being in this position before and helping these guys prepare for what’s come next week.  

Great point. 

I have to be honest. I have a bad feeling about this one. SF is dominant on both O and D lines. Along with a brutal running game, they like to dink and dunk passes to the RBs which has given the Chiefs trouble since ... geesh .... forever. 

They can keep the KC offense off the field for long stretches. Yeah, the KC defense is much improved but the SF D is better.

They are well coached and talented across the roster. This is the best team the Chiefs have faced all year. Yeah, better than Baltimore.

On the other hand, they haven't seen anyone as fast as Hill and haven't faced a TE as good as Kelce. And, of course, no QB they've faced all year is as good as Mahomes. Yet, they beat a very good Saints team led by Drew Brees in N.O. 

Yep. Gotta a bad feeling about this one.

9 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

I have to be honest. I have a bad feeling about this one. SF is dominant on both O and D lines. Along with a brutal running game, they like to dink and dunk passes to the RBs which has given the Chiefs trouble since ... geesh .... forever. 

They can keep the KC offense off the field for long stretches. Yeah, the KC defense is much improved but the SF D is better.

They are well coached and talented across the roster. This is the best team the Chiefs have faced all year. Yeah, better than Baltimore.

On the other hand, they haven't seen anyone as fast as Hill and haven't faced a TE as good as Kelce. And, of course, no QB they've faced all year is as good as Mahomes. Yet, they beat a very good Saints team led by Drew Brees in N.O. 

This is a good take. I said SF was legit a while back. They have a deep, talented roster accompanied by an excellent coaching staff. It’s going to be a close game. It could go either way. I could see the Chiefs losing as well. It’s going to take a perfect effort.

i think it takes a +2 in the turnover category or a special teams td +1

I believe there is zero chance of a chiefs blowout, or big comeback. Won’t happen against this team.

just my take 

1 hour ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Well Baltimore did beat them 20 to 17 in the regular season. So anything can go here. I just think if we dont come out slow, we will score and do so often enough to make them abandon their plans

I hope at least.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll take the Chiefs, simply because of the team chemistry, coaching, and the team's quest to win the big one for Andy. They remind me a lot of the 2015 Royals.  Also, because we have Mahomes, and he is some kind of anomalous freak of nature.

I would bet my wife on it.  (not a typo)

Is your wife making similar statements?  

23 hours ago, Calichief said:

I’m getting the ball in Hill’s hand A LOT in this game. Speed kills. 5 handoffs 15 targets 

Agree but I'll add when hardmen is targeted good things happen. Would like to see hill and hardmen on the field Alot together.

10 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Agree but I'll add when hardmen is targeted good things happen. Would like to see hill and hardmen on the field Alot together.

The SF D-line is very good.  I don't think Mahomes is going to have the time to get the ball to Hill against double teams, and it will be barely possible with Kelce.  But Patrick is going to have Hardman and Watkins targets and no doubt RB targets...and he will run a few as well. SF will have to pick their poison, like everyone else has.  I have a feeling that Damien Williams is going to have a big game...and maybe a few key plays by D. Thompson.

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll take the Chiefs, simply because of the team chemistry, coaching, and the team's quest to win the big one for Andy. They remind me a lot of the 2015 Royals.  Also, because we have Mahomes, and he is some kind of anomalous freak of nature.

I would bet my wife on it.  (not a typo)

Dont do it. As the good Admiral Ackbar would say....

"It's a trap!"

From what I have been reading niners play a lot of zone cover 3 looks. Now they also use Sherman to lock down that side of the field. Don’t know what Reid’s cooking but his  first 15 plays will be crucial. Ball is gonna have to come out quick and plays to slow down the rush. Defensively the chiefs have made stops at the right times and I feel the niners will get there yards but our d will make crucial stops. 

Chiefs 35-23. 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:40 PM, Mloe68 said:

I’ve seen several people mention the 49ers defense has some real similarities to the Chargers and I think that holds water.

bosas are very similar in talent and quickness... I'd say that was a pretty good comparison though I'm not a up to speed on the other three on SF's line. SD's line played very well... sometimes against top teams like GB but their offense was so danged unpredictable it's hard to say... they played a lot of close games and sometimes got blown out... 

safe to say their defense kept them in the close games

On 1/24/2020 at 3:07 PM, Okiechief1 said:

That's a good point, hadn't thought about that. 

12 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The SF D-line is very good.  I don't think Mahomes is going to have the time to get the ball to Hill against double teams, and it will be barely possible with Kelce.  But Patrick is going to have Hardman and Watkins targets and no doubt RB targets...and he will run a few as well. SF will have to pick their poison, like everyone else has.  I have a feeling that Damien Williams is going to have a big game...and maybe a few key plays by D. Thompson.

How has the SFO pass rush looked against someone who moves around as much as Mahomes?  They aren't rushing a stationary target and Mahomes buys time as well as anyone. 

7 hours ago, mex said:

bosas are very similar in talent and quickness... I'd say that was a pretty good comparison though I'm not a up to speed on the other three on SF's line. SD's line played very well... sometimes against top teams like GB but their offense was so danged unpredictable it's hard to say... they played a lot of close games and sometimes got blown out... 

safe to say their defense kept them in the close games

Buckner is the beast on that dline. He makes it possible for the others. Stud. 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

How has the SFO pass rush looked against someone who moves around as much as Mahomes?  They aren't rushing a stationary target and Mahomes buys time as well as anyone. 

He does, and that's a good point. I have a feeling that plays designed for passing from the pocket are not going to be a big part of our game plan.

The Chiefs have beaten 2 top 5 defenses and 2 top 5 rushing offenses during the regular season. They bottled up the #1 rusher and passer in the playoffs.

I am not guaranteeing a SB win, still believe in any given Sunday, but the 49ers do not scare me.

I'll say it again, pretty much man for man and coaching the Chiefs are better and SHOULD win.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

See the Baltimore game. They’ve played Wilson twice. Oh and kyler Murray. They’ve played the best mobile qb’s.