4 minutes ago, xen said:

You're forgetting the most important matchup of all, which often overshadows all the other matchups during playoff time.

Mahomes > Garoppolo

Na, it’s going to be the mahomes show. No doubt.

I’m not sure we will be able to stop them on offensively 

5 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Na, it’s going to be the mahomes show. No doubt.

I’m not sure we will be able to stop them on offensively 

We have been playing better but yes the Kittle matchup is troublesome at best.  Not as worried about stopping the run though.  The good news is I think our corners can hold up which frees up resources.

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

The Niners are a more complete across the board. If the chiefs fall behind early, there will be no crazy comeback. 
I think reid and mahomes will be ready. 
In the end, I think the Niners will be too much for kc. We have the better qb and skill players, but that’s where it ends for me. As the game progresses, the physicality of the Niners will take over. I also don’t think the defense will be ready for all the unique play calls for the rb’s the Niners have. Breeland will have his hands full with Deebo. I see the kc oline struggling and that is the final factor for me. Mahomes is going to have to press things. Extremely close game. I hope I’m wrong. 
Chiefs come back to win it all next year after having another great draft.

34-26 

Not buying the 49ers are better across the board besides skill position. Chiefs Dline is just as good.  And so are our offensive tackles. Jimmy Ward has had a very good season, but he’s not as good as the Honey Badger.  Chiefs have a better kicker and kick returner.  49ers have better RBs and LBs.  But I’m not seeing any clear advantage anywhere else for them.  If any team needs the lead more than the other, it’s the 49ers. 

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Not buying the 49ers are better across the board besides skill position. Chiefs Dline is just as good.  And so are our offensive tackles. Jimmy Ward has had a very good season, but he’s not as good as the Honey Badger.  Chiefs have a better kicker and kick returner.  49ers have better RBs and LBs.  But I’m not seeing any clear advantage anywhere else for them.  If any team needs the lead more than the other, it’s the 49ers. 

Wrote my opinion as best as I could as if I wasn’t a chiefs fan. My take 

7 hours ago, Calichief said:

The Niners are a more complete across the board. If the chiefs fall behind early, there will be no crazy comeback. 
I think reid and mahomes will be ready. 
In the end, I think the Niners will be too much for kc. We have the better qb and skill players, but that’s where it ends for me. As the game progresses, the physicality of the Niners will take over. I also don’t think the defense will be ready for all the unique play calls for the rb’s the Niners have. Breeland will have his hands full with Deebo. I see the kc oline struggling and that is the final factor for me. Mahomes is going to have to press things. Extremely close game. I hope I’m wrong. 
Chiefs come back to win it all next year after having another great draft.

34-26 

wrong

our defense will stuff their running game

they will bring pressure but Patrick will scramble... he does his best work outside of the pocket... nobody buys time better than PM

look for our secondary to force some turnovers as garoffalo is forced to throw 

43 - 28 chiefs

9 minutes ago, mex said:

wrong

they will bring pressure but Patrick will scramble... he does his best work outside of the pocket... nobody buys time better than PM

43 - 28 chiefs

I hope you're right. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Wrote my opinion as best as I could as if I wasn’t a chiefs fan. My take 

I was hoping for your more specific thoughts  What would you disagree with below?

QB - advantage KC

RB - advantage 49ers

WR - advantage KC

Tackles - push

Interior oline - advantage 49ers 

TE - push

DL - push

LB - advantage 49ers

CBs - advantage 49ers

S -  advantage KC 

K - advantage KC

KR- advantage KC

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I was hoping for your more specific thoughts  What would you disagree with below?

QB - advantage KC

RB - advantage 49ers

WR - advantage KC

Tackles - push

TE - push

DL - push

LB - advantage 49ers

CBs - advantage 49ers

S -  advantage KC 

K - advantage KC

KR- advantage KC

I like it, only change for me is slight advantage to 49ers D-Line.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

QB - advantage KC

RB - advantage 49ers

WR - advantage KC

Tackles - push

TE - push

DL - push

LB - advantage 49ers

CBs - advantage 49ers

S -  advantage KC 

K - advantage KC

KR- advantage KC

Dline sf if healthy 

safety is a push, if thornhill was active kc

k- push 

I know you guys are talking the players in the comparison but don’t forget coaching cause it can and will have an impact on how this thing plays out.   

Reid is just masterful given extra time.  18 -3 coming off a bye and 5 -0 when in the divisional round.  0-1 in the SB.    Spags having experience in this situation will help as well.  2 SB appearances and his defenses came to play.   Slowing down one of the most prolific offenses ever then holding the Pats again to almost half their season average.  

I would give the Chiefs the advantage in the coaching staffs specifically HC.  

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Dline sf if healthy 

safety is a push, if thornhill was active kc

k- push 

Chiefs are missing three guys from the two deep Dline rotation and yet personally I still think we are right there. Frank Clark > Dee Ford. We know that. Bosa is great but so is Chris Jones. The rest all have important roles. Maybe that’s where the 49ers have an edge but I like our rotation.  Gould was great but not this year, making 74 percent of his kicks with 0-4 over 50 yards while Butker is at 89 percent with 3-6 from 50 plus. And Gould can’t kick off. The Chiefs are 4th in kickoff return defense. SF is 13th. Mecole is gonna get free. 

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Chiefs are missing three guys from the two deep Dline rotation and yet personally I still think we are right there. Frank Clark > Dee Ford. We know that. Bosa is great but so is Chris Jones. The rest all have important roles. Maybe that’s where the 49ers have an edge but I like our rotation.  Gould was great but not this year, making 74 percent of his kicks with 0-4 over 50 yards while Butker is at 89 percent with 3-6 from 50 plus. And Gould can’t kick off. The Chiefs are 4th in kickoff return defense. SF is 13th. Mecole is gonna get free. 

I don't know that the Chiefs front 4 is as good as SF...but I do think it's close and the Chiefs front line is not getting near the attention from the media. They could wind up stealing the show. Suggs has been saving it for another shot. Jones is the best interior dlinemen in this game. 

14 hours ago, mex said:

wrong

43 - 28 chiefs

Good, because I’ve informed my guy to be ready for a dirty dan tattoo... 

If I’m Shanahan I’d work hard early on trying to isolate our LBs in coverage. It’s by  far our biggest weakness IMO and it presents easy passes for Jimmy G to try and settle in. He’s nothing special but can get hot like anyone with confidence. This could force more nickel looks from us and that sets up their running game. 
if they don’t do this and our base defense can contain their running game like we did vs Tenn, it sets up great pressure situations for our pass rushers. And I’ve seen enough of Jimmy G that I believe mistakes are coming in this scenario. Turnovers and short fields vs our offense are lights out.  
On defense I’m wondering whether they actually try to match up Warner one on one with Kelce. Please try this!   If they did and it worked it let’s them double Tyreek and makes Mahomes pre snap hot reads much more difficult.  On the other hand I think it’s more likely any attempt to single cover Tyreek or Kelce will be exploited big time by Andy and the MVP.  Overall I expect a game plan very similar to the Chargers. Ball control. Take what they give us underneath the cover 3 shell and then wait to pounce deep when the try and bring safeties closer to LOS. They haven’t played anyone that remotely has our speed so we will see how much they respect that fact. 
Really good contrasting matchup here. Chiefs by 1 in Vegas reflects that well. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Didn’t you predict our defense would be bad again and we’d finish 8-8?

I did indeed.   And we were bad at the start.   I also thought Lee would be a starting linebacker and I didn't know that Mathieu and Clark would be as good as they are.   Shows what I know.   But I am still too superstitious to make a prediction now.   My history with this team is too long.   I do not want to jinx them.

6 minutes ago, wilkie said:

I did indeed.   And we were bad at the start.   I also thought Lee would be a starting linebacker and I didn't know that Mathieu and Clark would be as good as they are.   Shows what I know.   But I am still too superstitious to make a prediction now.   My history with this team is too long.   I do not want to jinx them.

All good. I doubt anyone knew our defense would improve this much with so many new or young pieces and a new scheme. We’ve already brought home the Lamar Hunt Trophy for the first time ever. I’m just gonna have fun with this. 

5 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Mahomes changes jinxes. People want to complain about Andy's playoff history. With Mahomes he is 3-1 with the one loss in OT to the eventual SB champs. Should have won that game too. I like our chances.

8 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Mahomes changes jinxes. People want to complain about Andy's playoff history. With Mahomes he is 3-1 with the one loss in OT to the eventual SB champs. Should have won that game too. I like our chances.

The reality of jinxes is that it’s just an excuse for not being good enough. Not coincidental we started winning playoff games with this QB. And not coincidental we finally won Lamar Hunt Trophy with improved defense too.  Good enough to win Lombardi or more work to be done? We find out Sunday 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The reality of jinxes is that it’s just an excuse for not being good enough. Not coincidental we started winning playoff games with this QB. And not coincidental we finally won Lamar Hunt Trophy with improved defense too.  Good enough to win Lombardi or more work to be done? We find out Sunday 

I would feel even more confident if we had at least 1 stud linebacker.😒

2 hours ago, dhitter said:

I would feel even more confident if we had at least 1 stud linebacker.😒

Yep. If they make concerted effort to isolate our LBs in space against their RBs and TEs. Its going to be a long day. We need that one LB who can shut that stuff down. Lavonte David would look good. Then again nobody has really exploited this the last two months as Spags has done a great job of disguising coverages and creating pressure all while containing the run in the base defense.