I have not read this thread. I suck I guess. It’s 5 pages long. But Did someone say that all of the talk about Reid holding out on the kitchen sink plays all season are going to be vindicated? Chiefs are going to beat the 49ers. And it’s going to be a laugher at the end. 42-28. Expect air Mahomes 

KC was tied for 3rd fewest sacks given up this past year and that includes the 8 sacks Moore, which if Mahomes was playing instead of Moore and only took 5 or those 8 sacks...KC would of given up the fewest sacks in the NFL!

I think this is a HUGE stat and everyone talks about the Niners outside pass rush with Bosa and Ford but I think that's our strength and if anything I expect Niners to watch film and rush up the middle(if they are smart).  If they bring the 4 man rush like they have done all year I seriously believe our OL+ Pat will have no issues with it for most of the game.  You can also look at stats and the Niners have cooled off later in the season when it comes to sacks/hits and I think teams figured out how to stop the 4 man rush.

I think teams have done best when they bring the house but the Niners seem to stay with that 4 man rush no matter what...Like others have said, they have trouble with any QBs that can move out of the pocket and I believe its because they are tied down to that 4 man pass rush!  

So yes in the past D wins Super Bowls over O, but I think our O is sooooo far ahead of this D when it comes to strength vs weakness we will not have issues if Mahomes is gtg from the 1st play.  

I also think our D is much improved unlike the Niners starting string and cooling off, we have started weak and by the end of the season and into the playoffs our D has played much much better.  People talk about Jimmy G being able to sling it if needed but with soooooooooooooooo few passes this offseason and add in the stress of the Super Bowl I think we get some turnovers here in the 1st half and get out to a nice double digit advantage.

The one thing that worries me is Andy!  I LOVE Andy and have never been on the "fire Andy train", we all can agree that he has been known to pull back when we are up.  I hope I hope I hope Reid pulls his playbook ears back and acts like we just started the 2nd quarter and are down 24 points....The entire game!

Over all I see Spags game plan being the talk on the boards why we are the new Super Bowl Champs!

Chiefs 37

Niners 24

1 hour ago, qnet said:

It sort of is, but both teams run their own version of the WCO.

SF is not going switch from a four man rush.  It is too hard to change everything up, and they have had success with it all season.  Second is that they have to keep safeties back and drop a linebacker or two to have any chance of stopping Kelce and the speedsters. It could be that Reid is going to spring a combination of Hill and Hardman on the field at the same time.  One or the other will fake the screen to one side drawing defenders there, and the other will actually get the screen going to the opposite side. We may finally see that two or three times. Each one will probably produce big yardage.  OR both of them will fake just to spread out the defense for short curl and wheel routss to Watkins, Kelce, and D. Williams or D. Rob. Another Reid trick might be a pass or two to The Sausage, or just hand it off to him on some short yardage situations.  But I definitely agree with some trick plays no one has faced all season.  We probably have some real mind bogglers cooked up that will make their defense confused and hesitant.  I would hate to have to be the ones trying to stop the Reid machine. I don't think SF has faced any opponents this year with the kind of offense and playbook Reid runs. SF is just going to run and run an run to control the clock.  I don't think that will be enough to get the job done against us.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:55 PM, Mloe68 said:

I was hoping for your more specific thoughts  What would you disagree with below?

QB - advantage KC

RB - advantage 49ers

WR - advantage KC

Tackles - push

Interior oline - advantage 49ers 

TE - push

DL - push

LB - advantage 49ers

CBs - advantage 49ers

S -  advantage KC 

K - advantage KC

KR- advantage KC

Very interesting 

It's not rocket science what the 9ers do.  On D they play predominantly a cover 3 zone and on offense they use they same zone running system his dad used in denver in the 90s.  They're just good at both.  9ers played the highest percentage of zone coverage in the NFL on 2019.  Pat Mahomes had his best stats against zone.  I personally think the 9ers will have to get out of their base defensive system to stop us.

We can also dictate their personnel somewhat on D, and force them to swap out a good LB for a mediocre DB.  Their DBs past Sherman I do not feel can keep up with our WR depth.

1 hour ago, xen said:

It's not rocket science what the 9ers do.  On D they play predominantly a cover 3 zone and on offense they use they same zone running system his dad used in denver in the 90s.  They're just good at both.  9ers played the highest percentage of zone coverage in the NFL on 2019.  Pat Mahomes had his best stats against zone.  I personally think the 9ers will have to get out of their base defensive system to stop us.

We can also dictate their personnel somewhat on D, and force them to swap out a good LB for a mediocre DB.  Their DBs past Sherman I do not feel can keep up with our WR depth.

they'll need 2 LBs to post up Kelce... considering our WR depth it could be a long day for their secondary

sure, the SF front four will create some chaos... but Mahomes seems to be at his best when forced out of the pocket

with all the attention on Kelce over the middle, bubble screens to Hill could be effective on 1st or 2nd downs to set up 3rd and short... he's always got the potential to break one

I'd like to see williams on a few wheel routes too... the kid's got good hands and they'll have to dedicate a lot of personnel to stop Kelce and Hill, and Watkins... could make for some big plays down the sidelines

getting excited for this game

4 hours ago, mex said:

they'll need 2 LBs to post up Kelce... considering our WR depth it could be a long day for their secondary

sure, the SF front four will create some chaos... but Mahomes seems to be at his best when forced out of the pocket

with all the attention on Kelce over the middle, bubble screens to Hill could be effective on 1st or 2nd downs to set up 3rd and short... he's always got the potential to break one

I'd like to see williams on a few wheel routes too... the kid's got good hands and they'll have to dedicate a lot of personnel to stop Kelce and Hill, and Watkins... could make for some big plays down the sidelines

getting excited for this game

Well they are either going to try and take Hill and Kelce out of it, freeing up Sammy, Damien and Mecole for 1on1's (which I like our chances on) or they will try and play everyone straight up, which i also like our chances on.  

I tried being objective earlier in this thread, but really feel like the Chiefs will win. I'm still nervous, and know just having a feeling doesn't mean anything, but this team has surprised me since Reid had been the coach. Even more so, with Mahomes at QB. 

On 1/28/2020 at 12:10 AM, Calichief said:

Dline sf if healthy 

safety is a push, if thornhill was active kc

k- push 

I can't name anybody in that Niner secondary besides Sherman. Niners fans could probably say the same as well minus HB.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:08 AM, Mloe68 said:

Chiefs are missing three guys from the two deep Dline rotation and yet personally I still think we are right there. Frank Clark > Dee Ford. We know that. Bosa is great but so is Chris Jones. The rest all have important roles. Maybe that’s where the 49ers have an edge but I like our rotation.  Gould was great but not this year, making 74 percent of his kicks with 0-4 over 50 yards while Butker is at 89 percent with 3-6 from 50 plus. And Gould can’t kick off. The Chiefs are 4th in kickoff return defense. SF is 13th. Mecole is gonna get free. 

Cards did a nice job keeping Bosa in tact by chipping him at the line. Murray was giving them fits with his mobility. Expect a lot of Mahomes rolling out of the pocket.

27 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

I can't name anybody in that Niner secondary besides Sherman. Niners fans could probably say the same as well minus HB.

Cards did a nice job keeping Bosa in tact by chipping him at the line. Murray was giving them fits with his mobility. Expect a lot of Mahomes rolling out of the pocket.

Tart and Ward are both very good safeties for SF.

I think Damien Williams will be the X factor for the chiefs offense and Honey Badger will be on Kittle all game long.

I really can't see them stopping us with their cover 3 defense. If they don't get a pass rush, Mahomes will absolutely destroy them with Vertical Routes down the field. I'm anticipating them doing what everyone else has done...Play man with a Safety over the top of Hill and doubling Kelce with a LB and some other DB.

Mecole/Robinson and Watkins HAVE TO WIN THEIR ONE ON ONEs.

But I think Williams will play the biggest role. He should always be one on one with a LB. And although they have some pretty athletic LB's, I have to give the edge to Williams. He should have a big game out of the backfield.

Chiefs win by at least 10.

16 hours ago, xen said:

I have a prediction...  If we do lose, I'm banning the first idiot that says we never win cause of Andy Reid.

Two evenly matched team putting it all on one game?  Yep the losing coach would have to be an idiot.  Even the Bills losing four SBs didn't have an idiot coach unless "wide right" was on the  coach.