Handswarmer

reesebobby

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

It felt great losing the AFC championship game at home with the MVP of the league at QB?

Weirdo

Mahomes, the league MVP, did not lose the 2018 AFCCG.  He put up 31 points against the eventual SB champs.  Dee Ford lost that game.  How did this years' MVP perform at home in the DIVISIONAL ROUND of the playoffs go?  Oops...

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Getting worked over by the 6 seed in round 1 is a monumental choke kind of similar to the Chiefs-Colts 1995. Even in that game we were more competitive than they were. Did Jackson choke? Honestly when playing from behind and having to rely on his arm he’s just very average. Certainly nowhere near Mahomes league. So I’d say he choked a little but generally this isn’t a way he can win. Mahomes on the other hand had no problem rallying his team.  Just different caliber QBs. I mean he’s 0-2 in home playoff games. Not buying them as a real threat to the Chiefs. 

I agree with that.  His body language is not that of a guy who is all about team.  It is all about himself.  That will result in him choosing the highest bidder when his rookie contract is up, rather than staying with a team that was built around his abilities and with a coach he has a personal close relationship with. Those kinds of QB's are not rare. They may throw like they are all-world, and they may run great until they are older. They end up spending one or maybe two contract periods with a team and never win the big one, because they are basically self centered and haven't built the friendships with his teammates that count the most at negotiating time, not to mention playoff or superbowl time.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree with that.  His body language is not that of a guy who is all about team.  It is all about himself.  That will result in him choosing the highest bidder when his rookie contract is up, rather than staying with a team that was built around his abilities and with a coach he has a personal close relationship with. Those kinds of QB's are not rare. They may throw like they are all-world, and they may run great until they are older. They end up spending one or maybe two contract periods with a team and never win the big one, because they are basically self centered and haven't built the friendships with his teammates that count the most at negotiating time, not to mention playoff or superbowl time.

EXACTLY 

34 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Mahomes, the league MVP, did not lose the 2018 AFCCG.  He put up 31 points against the eventual SB champs.  Dee Ford lost that game.  How did this years' MVP perform at home in the DIVISIONAL ROUND of the playoffs go?  Oops...

He, like this year, came back from a deficit and tied NE in astonishing fashion.  Ford's mistake kept him from winning.  He lost a coin toss and never got another chance to play.  That is hardly choking.  He only had a part in a miraculous comeback.  The game was decided by a coin flip.

4 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He, like this year, came back from a deficit and tied NE in astonishing fashion.  Ford's mistake kept him from winning.  He lost a coin toss and never got another chance to play.  That is hardly choking.  He only had a part in a miraculous comeback.  The game was decided by a coin flip.

I think you're responding to the wrong post.  You and I are saying the same thing.

15 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

You are misinterpreting the question i asked of Xen.

Not sure why.

5 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You are misinterpreting the question i asked of Zen.

Not sure why.

Lol i got it. You were saying to him that it felt great to lose, no matter what and when, in the playoffs with the league MVP sarcastically. We did last year and it hurt just like i am sure it hurt you to see the Ravens lose with the MVP.  Then calling him a weirdo if he in fact felt it was great to lose. Good seeing you back. Wish we could have had that beer while i was in Maryland. I am now down in El Paso Texas.

10 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

I think you're responding to the wrong post.  You and I are saying the same thing.

:lol:  I didn't realize that replies to posts were required to be disagreements. I was simply trying to agree with you, because others read these posts, too.

14 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Lol i got it. You were saying to him that it felt great to lose, no matter what and when, in the playoffs with the league MVP sarcastically. We did last year and it hurt just like i am sure it hurt you to see the Ravens lose with the MVP.  Then calling him a weirdo if he in fact felt it was great to lose. Good seeing you back. Wish we could have had that beer while i was in Maryland. I am now down in El Paso Texas.

No, I questioned his response. 

Yeah, wish we could have had a beer.