We've earned this

That was a truly depressing read right there. God what a shit storm. I read something earlier this week that confirmed, absolutely, that Carl Peterson was the master mind behind the Chiefs never drafting a franchise quarterback during his tenure. Thanks Assclown Peterson. 

2 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Honestly now that we have witnessed what greatness looks like, I don't think I can go back to any of those type guys with any real passion. I hope Mahomes can get lucky with injuries and we can make this last at least a decade. 

26 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

That was a truly depressing read right there. God what a shit storm. I read something earlier this week that confirmed, absolutely, that Carl Peterson was the master mind behind the Chiefs never drafting a franchise quarterback during his tenure. Thanks Assclown Peterson. 

Truly amazing thing is how many games we won with all those QBs. Any real investment at that position could have led us out of the January dark room long ago. But hey whatever we had to do to get to this point where we not only have a great QB, but the best player in the NFL, is okay by me...NOW...LOL

Just now, Adamixoye said:

I think I only believed in him when we drafted him.  By the time he took the field I never believed again.

He looked real good in one of the games he lost, so I came here and posted how we had a QB for the future and how great he was and blah blah blah.

Thankfully, the board crashed and my post is unrecoverable. 

7 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Honestly now that we have witnessed what greatness looks like, I don't think I can go back to any of those type guys with any real passion. I hope Mahomes can get lucky with injuries and we can make this last at least a decade. 

It takes great courage for an owner and a front office to give up two first round choices to move up to draft a guy that was ranked below some other QB's.  Even at the time, they took some shit for that. That is a leap of faith to move up to take someone they liked best, even though he wasn't ranked the highest.  How many of us thought, Hmmmm. We need CB's worse.  Alex is fine.  It really was a leap of faith.  It paid off.  It might not have.  That takes courage. Veatch and Reid will draft some disappointments in coming years, probably some busts also.  Will we give them a break?  We should.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

It takes great courage for an owner and a front office to give up two first round choices to move up to draft a guy that was ranked below some other QB's.  Even at the time, they took some shit for that. That is a leap of faith to move up to take someone they liked best, even though he wasn't ranked the highest.  How many of us thought, Hmmmm. We need CB's worse.  Alex is fine.  It really was a leap of faith.  It paid off.  It might not have.  That takes courage. Veatch and Reid will draft some disappointments in coming years, probably some busts also.  Will we give them a break?  We should.

This was Andy Reid’s biggest gift. Sure Brett found him, but it was ALL Big Red who went away from the safe play to go all in for a title. And hence the gigantic value of hiring a coach who’s done everything in the game except win a World Title. Massive cajones yes, but he knew after that Steelers divisional loss that it wasn’t curses keeping his team down, it was the reality we had to be better at the games most important position. 
As such not only are we in the Super Bowl now, but we are gonna bd true contenders every year for the foreseeable future. 

15 hours ago, West said:

There were a few  investments...but they were horrible picks.

"With the #7 pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Todd Blackledge, Penn State"

"With the #14 pick, the Buffalo Bills select (NFL Hall of Famer) Jim Kelly, University of Miami"

"With the #27 pick, the Miami Dolphins select (NFL Hall of Famer) Dan Marino, Pittsburgh"

Todd Blackledge NFL Career:

29 TD

38 INT

60.2 QBR

5 minutes ago, mex said:

"With the #7 pick, the Kansas City Chiefs select Todd Blackledge, Penn State"

"With the #14 pick, the Buffalo Bills select (NFL Hall of Famer) Jim Kelly, University of Miami"

"With the #27 pick, the Miami Dolphins select (NFL Hall of Famer) Dan Marino, Pittsburgh"

Todd Blackledge NFL Career:

29 TD

38 INT

60.2 QBR

How sad is it that he's the first QB I remember starting for the chiefs.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

How sad is it that he's the first QB I remember starting for the chiefs.

In 1983, when Kenney had his big year, he came in for relief and was lights out. 

I remember watching him in 3 games. In each game he had one drive. He started at the 20, marched the team down the field and threw a TD in every one.

He looked phenomenal. Everyone was on board the #14 train. Then, the next season Kenney was hurt in the final preseason game and #14 was pressed into the starting QB. That was the beginning of the end.