I am not emotionally prepared for any of this

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

You put it out there and I responded. It’s what you do here. This is not that important to overthink this whole situation anyway. When you get to my age, you will understand that.  Call that patronizing or not my own experience almost guarantees it. Raising a teenage daughter is perplexing and an emotional roller coaster. But it’s supposed to be that way. This is just supposed to be fun.  

very funny lol GIF

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Well this you're probably not wrong about. 🙂

My apologies though for condescending response though (everything except about Skip Bayless who gets paid to upset people). 4 hours from home up all night on monthly stroke duty with my Dad obviously triggers me.  
Let’s figure out what we need to do to win this thing!

47 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

My apologies though for condescending response though (everything except about Skip Bayless who gets paid to upset people). 4 hours from home up all night on monthly stroke duty with my Dad obviously triggers me.  

Run the ball when needed effectively. Play ball control with the pass game. Get 2-3 - 3 and outs on defense. 2 takeaways. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

You've been triggered all week. Maybe a Lombardi will help loosen you up...

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Sorry to hear that, hope things take a turn for the better for you.

On 1/26/2020 at 10:16 AM, Calichief said:

Run the ball when needed effectively. Play ball control with the pass game. Get 2-3 - 3 and outs on defense. 2 takeaways. 

Pretty close. I was wrong about the final score. And kc ran with authority 

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

Pretty close. I was wrong about the final score. And kc ran with authority 

Andy Reid again duped a team into thinking their QB could outplay ours when it matters.  Jimmy G can’t hold Mahomes jock strap and neither can Shanahan vs Reid. And that’s why we’re champs. 

On 1/25/2020 at 9:00 AM, Adamixoye said:

I'm 38.

I've attended 3 Chiefs game in my lifetime, all at Arrowhead - 1989 vs. Broncos, 1990 vs. Vikings, and 1998 vs. Raiders (the Derrick Thomas 6 sack game on SNF).  Those first two games I was 8-9 and not super into sports; I started following them closely in 1991.  I wish I could have been back to some games, and I hope to in the next couple of years, maybe, but I've lived all over the country and right now I'm still about 6 hours away.  Even remotely, I've been through the ups and downs that we've all experienced over the last ~30 years.

I'm more positive some than Chiefs fans, especially in the middle of a game; I didn't go "same old Chiefs" when we were down to the Texans or Titans. I am simultaneously emotionally invested and emotionally guarded; games, and especially the lead up to games, have become increasingly stressful for me, even as I believe and hope for the best.  I enjoy the wins but take the losses hard.  I go in hoping, in particular, that if we lose it isn't heartbreaking.  That's been hard because we've only lost single-score games since mid-2017, and they've all sucked.  It feels like we could have won every single one of those. 

There was a time when, while I would never root against the team, I was so guarded that I wondered if it would be easier on me for them to lose earlier than later.  I really don't want to lose a Super Bowl; I thought it would be easier to stomach the idea of losing in the AFC playoffs as underdogs, say like on the road in 2015 to NE, than losing in the Super Bowl.  Again, I still rooted for them every second.

Well the last few years I couldn't feel that way, obviously.  Losing another game with the first round bye to the Texans would have been awful.  Losing the AFCCG to the Titans when the sea had been parted for us would have been miserable, especially with the narratives that we couldn't stop Henry.  Losing another home playoff game would have been the worst.

So here we are.  Obviously to win a Super Bowl you have to make the Super Bowl.  Obviously, unless you have an absolute juggernaut of a team on both sides of the ball, there's going to be doubt going into the game.  I don't love how we stack up against San Francisco.  I certainly think we can win.  I don't know what odds I would assign either way.

Boy, I am not prepared for a loss.  I'm not prepared for the offseason narratives, for Skip Bayless to come up with some stupid logic and gloat about Mahomes.  To hear all the love for Lamar Jackson as the new hotness.  To look at Mahomes' big new contract and wonder if it's going to cripple our team.  To worry he'll be individually brilliant but never make it back, a lot like what happened in Dan Marino's career.  I believe we'll be competitive for 10-15 years as long as he's healthy, but 50 years have taught us that these opportunities are rare.  You have to cash them in.

But man, I'm not even prepared for a win, either!  Like the Joker says in The Dark Knight, I'm like a dog chasing a car, I wouldn't know what to do with one if I caught it!  How would I celebrate?  Am I going to be able to enjoy it or just be relieved?  My wife has already been a little on my case for not being externally excited enough about the Super Bowl (she's more heart on her sleeve).  How would I approach next season?  Etc.

I don't know if any of this makes any sense.  I just had to articulate it to some people who might actually understand, explain.

And hopefully I will find out what the win feels like.  I'm not sure I'm prepared for it, but I'd like to find out.

I cried, I'm not ashamed to admit it.