O line write up

Here is a really good write up on our offensive line.  How they have made progress in the run game.  I think we are really close to having a good line. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/1/25/21079843/how-the-chiefs-offensive-line-has-been-solid-in-postseason-run-blocking

I still believe an upgrade at center and RG need to be made.  Even in these clips of success you set LDT on these ground way to much. You can't have that as a RG.

I'd like to see Wisnewski move over to center. Let Allegretti develop another year or 2 behind him.  Martinas Rankin moves back to LG. Then we draft or sign a RG.  One guy I have my eye on is Isaiah Wilson of Georgia.  A 6'6" 335 lineman.  Has played RT but could be a pro bowl type guard. He is a dominant and physical blocker.  An improving pass blocker who would be above average on the get go at guard.  Here should be available with our first pick. 

Fisher-Senat

Rankin-Erving

Wisnewski- Allegretti 

Wilson- Wylie

Schwartz- Barton 

The line went from terrible to being bad, so there's still some hope. Wisnievski is definitely a major upgrade. However I don't think we can really improve without a new OC and OG in the mix. Two solid starters for 2020 is definitely another SB for this offense regardless of who we let go at receiver. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

It's hard to say with center because we don't know what they think of Allegretti. 

Yep, we don't know if Allegretti is being groomed for OG or OC or if the staff thinks he's not starter quality.  It would be great if the Chiefs could draft one IOL on the second day and be set in the line.