I Miss This Place

I haven’t been able to be on here very often this year or last year but I’m hoping that things will free up pretty soon. Being responsible sucks, as I want to do more than watch DVR’d games. By the time I log on to read the comments, it’s all been said or an old topic. All free time goes to the kids, which is great. I used to be the internetting dad at the playground, but they’re growing up so quickly.

Thanks to everyone for keeping it going. Thanks, Boss! Go Chiefs!

1 minute ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I haven’t been able to be on here very often this year or last year but I’m hoping that things will free up pretty soon. Being responsible sucks, as I want to do more than watch DVR’d games. By the time I log on to read the comments, it’s all been said or an old topic. All free time goes to the kids, which is great. I used to be the internetting dad at the playground, but they’re growing up so quickly.

spend time with the kids not the assholes in here... :lol: 

that said it doesn't take but a minute to stop in every now and then... after the kids are in bed

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Seems you have your priorities in order.  Just got to turn the kids into Chiefs' fans and share time rooting for them.  Some of my best times have included going into Arrowhead with my son and watching him really get into it. 

4 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

Welcome back.  I've always enjoyed your posts, but agree with what others have said, you have your priorities in the right place.  

4 hours ago, KCSLC2008 said:

You will never regret time spent with your kids. 

Every moment is precious and irreplaceable. 

18 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Free time?  What is that?

If you're not making any your wrong.

I laugh at people who say they're poor when they buy $5-$7 cups of coffee daily and buy new iPhones every year then go home to there smart home with all the bells and whistles. This is similar to those who say they have no free time yet they have time to watch 3-9 hours of football on Sunday and if they follow college football then the same on Saturday, work on their hobbies on their off time etc. People can always make time for family and loved ones.

On 1/25/2020 at 4:37 PM, mex said:

spend time with the kids not the assholes in here... :lol: 

that said it doesn't take but a minute to stop in every now and then... after the kids are in bed

You are right.  I feel compelled to answer every damned response to one of my posts. It just takes so much attention, and my wife gets angry when I am posting, because I don't hear or listen to what she is saying.  So, it really gets bad in family relationships.  When I took that year sabbatical and came back with a different screen name (I didn't know I could get my old one back at the time), I started slowly and still ended up in the same place...ignoring important things and defending my own stupid prior posts and ego.  The political stuff in the LR is so enticing and addictive, but it is really a complete waste of time.  Everyone will defend to the death their own opinion.  Nobody changes or really opens to opposite opinions. It doesn't change any minds.  People just get more aggravated and more abusive in an endless cycle.  It is like out in real life, I have many friends I enjoy but have learned to avoid politics, because it always just drives wedges between people instead of builds relationships.  Addiction is addiction. It makes no difference whether it is alcohol, other drugs, gambling, sex, food, or political obsessions and internet forums.  They all end up narrowing our world and relationships and inflating ourselves and our own opinions of ourselves.

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

You are right.  I feel compelled to answer every damned response to one of my posts. It just takes so much attention, and my wife gets angry when I am posting, because I don't hear or listen to what she is saying.  So, it really gets bad in family relationships.  When I took that year sabbatical and came back with a different screen name (I didn't know I could get my old one back at the time), I started slowly and still ended up in the same place...ignoring important things and defending my own stupid prior posts and ego.  The political stuff in the LR is so enticing and addictive, but it is really a complete waste of time.  Everyone will defend to the death their own opinion.  Nobody changes or really opens to opposite opinions. It doesn't change any minds.  People just get more aggravated and more abusive in an endless cycle.  It is like out in real life, I have many friends I enjoy but have learned to avoid politics, because it always just drives wedges between people instead of builds relationships.  Addiction is addiction. It makes no difference whether it is alcohol, other drugs, gambling, sex, food, or political obsessions and internet forums.  They all end up narrowing our world and relationships and inflating ourselves and our own opinions of ourselves.

hell I can't talk politics with certain friends, family, and business partners

doesn't mean I don't love 'em

2 hours ago, Joe_Chief said:

I took a break for a couple years to get my family life straight.  I don't post even a hundredth as often as I used to, but this is a good group of knuckleheads and it's still home.

Why does everyone get lumped in with Xen(knuckleheads)?  It's not fair to us normal people!

On 1/27/2020 at 11:29 AM, Fmbl2187 said:

Try being with your family for Thanksgiving dinner and see how well that goes.    I don't go to every post anymore and I don't feel compelled to answer everytime somebody wants to take issue with me.   I can almost tell in the locker room what the thread is going to say without having to open it.   It used to be funnier than it is now but I suppose the environment was not as tribal.   I believe that the technology has made us more guarded of our opinions and not open minded.    In the old days the way you argued was face to face and when you are talking to somebody across from me,  it was more courteous and at least in my case I was willing to listen to what others say.   The only other ways were telephone which still required you to listen and letter writing which meant some perspective had to be initiated and a cooling off period after a good nights sleep.   Now we can instantly communicate our displeasure or are argumentative point instantaneously and get a response back just as quickly.   Sometimes we don't say what we want or what we mean or we miscalculate the emotional response.  But this is still home.     I have stayed away in the summer of 12 and 16 because I didn't want to nosedive into the electoral politics.   But it is an addiction.  Like my coach used to say,  "Wilkie is always going to be an asshole.   But he is MY asshole"

On 1/27/2020 at 9:06 AM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

If you're not making any your wrong.

I laugh at people who say they're poor when they buy $5-$7 cups of coffee daily and buy new iPhones every year then go home to there smart home with all the bells and whistles. This is similar to those who say they have no free time yet they have time to watch 3-9 hours of football on Sunday and if they follow college football then the same on Saturday, work on their hobbies on their off time etc. People can always make time for family and loved ones.

Hey its those people paying $7.00 for a cup of coffee that has led to my 16 year old daughter making $12.00 per hour on her first job ever. On point I'll take my laptop when I'm working from home and just go hang out up there watching her do her thing. Great to see a kid learn appreciation for money. Also a perfect time to post. And on point several Chiefs players regularly roll through there.