I Miss This Place

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

No, it means I chose not to stay still with how my life was and I chose to put in the work to improve it.  Come back when you're handling a family+household, going to school full time, working over 50 hours a week and studying for certs on top of all that.  Football time is generally mixed in with additional work.

Hey if you elect not to make free time with your family that's up to you. I did pretty much the same thing and regret spending time with my kids as they grew up. I thought that volunteering to deploy to every where in the world all the time was so important. Now, 20 years later I see how much I missed. Life's not worth it if you don't enjoy it.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Hey if you elect not to make free time with your family that's up to you. I did pretty much the same thing and regret spending time with my kids as they grew up. I thought that volunteering to deploy to every where in the world all the time was so important. Now, 20 years later I see how much I missed. Life's not worth it if you don't enjoy it.

LIfe would be pretty dull without the power to make choices and follow our dream, and it would be pretty dull without regrets, too.  Who are we to judge someone else in their life choices, unless they choose to do something illegal, right?  Just my two cents as an old guy.

5 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

LIfe would be pretty dull without the power to make choices and follow our dream, and it would be pretty dull without regrets, too.  Who are we to judge someone else in their life choices, unless they choose to do something illegal, right?  Just my two cents as an old guy.

I'm fine with that... as long as the chooser is held responsible for his/her choices.

1 hour ago, mex said:

I'm fine with that... as long as the chooser is held responsible for his/her choices.

I'm fine with that, as long as the chooser holds themselves responsible.  The only way someone else should stick their nose in it is if the chosen action is illegal.  Otherwise, it is nobody else's business. That is kind of a response to CF63.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm fine with that, as long as the chooser holds themselves responsible.  The only way someone else should stick their nose in it is if the chosen action is illegal.  Otherwise, it is nobody else's business. That is kind of a response to CF63.

Personally I don't give a damn what anyone does with their own time. I initially responded to the comment that some don't have any free time in their life. My point is if you want free time you'll make it.

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Personally I don't give a damn what anyone does with their own time. I initially responded to the comment that some don't have any free time in their life. My point is if you want free time you'll make it.

Absolutely true.

20 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Damn, Bil.  You almost sound libertarian.