Anyone headed to Miami?

My son the doctor is going   I the retired lawyer on a fixed income will not although it anyone deserves to go it's us 50 year Ciefs fans who suffered through Paul Wiggin in 1974  all the way to Frank Gantz through 1978.  And a second round in2002 from Gunther Cunningham to Romeo Crennel in 2012.    S hit folks.  WE DESERVE A WIn ON SUNDAY.

13 minutes ago, wilkie said:

My son the doctor is going   I the retired lawyer on a fixed income will not although it anyone deserves to go it's us 50 year Ciefs fans who suffered through Paul Wiggin in 1974  all the way to Frank Gantz through 1978.  And a second round in2002 from Gunther Cunningham to Romeo Crennel in 2012.    S hit folks.  WE DESERVE A WIn ON SUNDAY.

let me get this straight.. your son is going and not taking you???? Thats fucked up.. I guess he's lucky and your not ..just teasing Wilkes .. personally I'd be mega pissed

1 hour ago, Marleydawg said:

My wife and I are flying down Saturday.  Tickets still around 4K, not gonna do that, so looking for watch parties.  I've seen a few online but wanted to check if anyone here was in the know!

Days are crawling by this week!

Heading down with the wife tomorrow actually. There’s  a Chiefs Kingdom takeover in downtown Ft Lauderdale Saturday night sponsored by Blvd Brewery. They are closing of the streets with live music and it’s in an area with a lot of bars and restaurants. 

Ive heard of 3-4 specific bars catering to the Chiefs in the same area. (including a one on the beach (Con Murphys). and a bigger spot inland (Slackers)  it’s about 15 miles from the stadium  

Tbere are tons of bars hosting Super Bowl parties everywhere including closer to the stadium or on South Beach  But I haven’t heard yet which will be the Chiefs fans spots yet  We are going to do the Super Bowl experience on Sunday around noon and then head wherever   

48 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

I'll be heading for the couch, my son will come over and sit in the same recliner he always sits in, we'll get started on Joe's KC Bar BQ, we'll yell at the screen for 3 hours, fist bump after every score then celebrate a Chiefs Super Bowl victory

That sounds awesome

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

let me get this straight.. your son is going and not taking you???? Thats fucked up.. I guess he's lucky and your not ..just teasing Wilkes .. personally I'd be mega pissed

He offered to accompany him if I would spring for one $8500 singleticket.   I said NO THANKS 

48 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Heading down with the wife tomorrow actually. There’s  a Chiefs Kingdom takeover in downtown Ft Lauderdale Saturday night sponsored by Blvd Brewery. They are closing of the streets with live music and it’s in an area with a lot of bars and restaurants. 

Ive heard of 3-4 specific bars catering to the Chiefs in the same area. (including a one on the beach (Con Murphys). and a bigger spot inland (Slackers)  it’s about 15 miles from the stadium  

Tbere are tons of bars hosting Super Bowl parties everywhere including closer to the stadium or on South Beach  But I haven’t heard yet which will be the Chiefs fans spots yet  We are going to do the Super Bowl experience on Sunday around noon and then head wherever   

Thanks Mloe!  Appreciate the knowledge.  I've been living in Atlanta for over 20 years now, I don't get much of the skinny down here.  The Chiefs Kingdom takeover sounds great and I'll check out those bars!  Enjoy the trip!

If I run acorss anything myself I'll post it back here as well.

1 hour ago, azchief21 said:

I'll be heading for the couch, my son will come over and sit in the same recliner he always sits in, we'll get started on Joe's KC Bar BQ, we'll yell at the screen for 3 hours, fist bump after every score then celebrate a Chiefs Super Bowl victory

When are you heading to Mex's for the celebration? 

Long time follower here. Wife and I are from Kansas and Missouri and life long chiefs fans who are in savannah, ga. We are going to take our camper and set up in homestead at a local campground on Friday. Looking forward to exploring Miami and south beach Saturday and the take over in ft Lauderdale Saturday evening. Then break out all the gear Sunday and enjoy the game at our camper. Can't wait to enjoy a Cuban victory cigar and adult beverage!!

2 hours ago, 912ksufan said:

Long time follower here. Wife and I are from Kansas and Missouri and life long chiefs fans who are in savannah, ga. We are going to take our camper and set up in homestead at a local campground on Friday. Looking forward to exploring Miami and south beach Saturday and the take over in ft Lauderdale Saturday evening. Then break out all the gear Sunday and enjoy the game at our camper. Can't wait to enjoy a Cuban victory cigar and adult beverage!!

Have fun bro!

p.s. KSU sucks

5 hours ago, 912ksufan said:

Lol..... are you a Jayhawk fan??

No went to mizzou.  Fuck the Jayhawks.  At least we can agree on that.  There's a bunch of them motherfuckers around here.

lol welcome to the board though.  I always liked Bill Snyder if it helps.  Have a set of rules he wrote somewhere around my office.  Smart dude.

20 hours ago, wilkie said:

That’s great.  But, who are the Ciefs?

I invited my boys and their wives... gonna have a ton of food and good beer. S’posed to be 58 on Sunday... might have to set up the archery targets out back and fling a few arrows in honor of the Chiefs. 

1 minute ago, mex said:

I invited my boys and their wives... gonna have a ton of food and good beer. S’posed to be 58 on Sunday... might have to set up the archery targets out back and fling a few arrows in honor of the Chiefs. 

Supposed to be 60 and sunny here.  Sit around the smoker and drink a few through the afternoon. Should be good and loosened up by game time.  Good beer always seems to go fast, though.

Just now, SEMO said:

Supposed to be 60 and sunny here.  Sit around the smoker and drink a few through the afternoon. Should be good and loosened up by game time.  Good beer always seems to go fast, though.

Heard that!