14 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

this d line coach we got in the off season doesn’t get the credit he deserves. i think he has done a hell of a job. shit look at the players that we have that all rotate in. it’s crazy. 

Yeah what he has done with Saunders and Kpass alone is down right amazing.   For once in my life I feel like our team can develop our own players.

We wrote off Kpass just a year ago and the same is true for Ogbah in Cleveland, Okafor was an afterthought in FA. He basically turned this group in one of the more efficient DLs in the league and we haven't seen what he can do with a guy like Speaks. Saunders and Nnadi will have another offseason under him, which will be very critical for the future. 

Curious to see what he can get out of Saunders, Kpass, Speaks, And Nnadi with a full offseason.  Has the chance to be a good but better that this year which would be awesome!    Hope he can coach these guys up in a hurry because I’m sure it won’t be long before he starts getting offers himself.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Curious to see what he can get out of Saunders, Kpass, Speaks, And Nnadi with a full offseason.  Has the chance to be a good but better that this year which would be awesome!    Hope he can coach these guys up in a hurry because I’m sure it won’t be long before he starts getting offers himself.

Yea, I don't know what he did but he lit a fire under their asses.

I remember watching them earlier in the year and it was absolutely horrible. Nnadi, Saunders and that other DT we cut were getting blown off the ball at least 5 yds every play. (Detroit, houston, Indy and Tennesse games) but since then they've added Pennell and X. Williams is back and they look like world beaters now.

All we need them to do now, is give us all ONE MORE GOOD GAME...and we will be Superbowl CHAMPS!!

One consequence of us becoming 100% better on the dline with stunts is that our oline has become much much better in picking them up this year.  The Pat's killed us in the first half with those last year in the AFCCG.  This year not so much.  I assume that's due to them spending more time being able to practice against it.  

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I feel like our D is one decent LB & one decent DB away from being elite.

I am excited to watch us reload in the offseason.  

9 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I feel like our D is one decent LB & one decent DB away from being elite.

I am excited to watch us reload in the offseason.  

CFF,  

I totally agree.   I hope we figure a way to keep Jones and Pennel and the draft a DB/LB and sign another DB like we’ve done.  If any of them can be better then I think our D can really get after people.  Because I think Saunders, Nadine, Kpass and Speaks are all going to make massive jumps in the offseason.   

9 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

CFF,  

I totally agree.   I hope we figure a way to keep Jones and Pennel and the draft a DB/LB and sign another DB like we’ve done.  If any of them can be better then I think our D can really get after people.  Because I think Saunders, Nadine, Kpass and Speaks are all going to make massive jumps in the offseason.   

A CB or LB would seem obvious for the first round pick if they can do it without reaching.  Saunders, Nadii, and Kpass should be reliable.  Speaks still has to prove himself so anything he contributes will be bonus. 

44 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A CB or LB would seem obvious for the first round pick if they can do it without reaching.  Saunders, Nadii, and Kpass should be reliable.  Speaks still has to prove himself so anything he contributes will be bonus. 

If there is a better BPA for C or G would be my other choice. Need a good 2nd TE then too in later rounds

Edited by kkuenn

Just now, kkuenn said:

If there is a better BPA for C or G would be my pther choice. Need a good 2nd TE them too in later rounds

There's lots of needs, but LB and CB top the list.  Of course, that depends on FA.  IOL is just as great of a need, but a day two pick isn't that much of a down grade for the interior O line.