The Pundits of the NFL Channel

About 55% Chiefs, 45% 9ers. Terrell Davis picked the 9ers defense  (of course, fucking donk) saying defense wins championships, and Willie McGinest picked The Chiefs offense... saying there are too many weapons.

They're also trying to stir up some controversy by making a mountain out of the molehill interview of Chris Jones...

Jones said (essentially) "Yeah, the plan is to slow their running game... they only threw 8 passes in the NFC championship game, and they ran for almost 300 yards. We'll need to slow that down and try to get Garafalo to throw it more."

Of course they reporterette pressed Jones on that, digging for dirt, and asked him if they wanted to put the game on Garafalo's shoulders. To which Jones said "yeah, 1000%"

So they go right back to Garafalo and make it sound like Jones was insulting Garafalo's play... she asks him what he thought about that and he said "I love it" blah blah blah.

I swear, reporters can't help but fuck everything up... Jones' comments were harmless. Everyone knows we'll be selling out to stuff the run. 

7 hours ago, mex said:

About 55% Chiefs, 45% 9ers. Terrell Davis picked the 9ers defense  (of course, fucking donk) saying defense wins championships, and Willie McGinest picked The Chiefs offense... saying there are too many weapons.

They're also trying to stir up some controversy by making a mountain out of the molehill interview of Chris Jones...

Jones said (essentially) "Yeah, the plan is to slow their running game... they only threw 8 passes in the NFC championship game, and they ran for almost 300 yards. We'll need to slow that down and try to get Garafalo to throw it more."

Of course they reporterette pressed Jones on that, digging for dirt, and asked him if they wanted to put the game on Garafalo's shoulders. To which Jones said "yeah, 1000%"

So they go right back to Garafalo and make it sound like Jones was insulting Garafalo's play... she asks him what he thought about that and he said "I love it" blah blah blah.

I swear, reporters can't help but fuck everything up... Jones' comments were harmless. Everyone knows we'll be selling out to stuff the run. 

I don't care for how conduct the interviews, but I guess it comes with the territory. I'm thinking the Chiefs should be ready by now, no matter what pisses off the 9ners and vise versa for them. On the picks, I trust McGinest opinion a little more than Davis, so I hope he's right. 

I almost can't tolerate Undisputed with Skip & Shannon anymore. All they talk about is the Cowboys and lebron James. Shannon is too overly confident about the Chiefs and Mahomes ( He didn't even like when the Chiefs drafted him) and Skip is too negative about Mahomes and the Chiefs to the point of absurdity.

5 hours ago, qnet said:

I don't care for how conduct the interviews, but I guess it comes with the territory.

Jones didn't give bulletin board material... he just said what everyone already knows... gotta take SF out of their gameplan which is stop the run and force more 3rd and longs... ie throws. They essentially went back to garafalo and said 'the Chiefs pretty much said you totally suck... because they want the ball in your hands. Probably because you suck. What do you think about that?" He didn't fall for it. 

Two weeks of pregame hype has its high points and low points I guess. It's been great seeing the Chiefs getting coverage this time of year... so I'll take the bad with the good... but sometimes those reporerettes just piss me off

3 minutes ago, mex said:

Two weeks of pregame hype has its high points and low points I guess. It's been great seeing the Chiefs getting coverage this time of year... so I'll take the bad with the good... but sometimes those reporerettes just piss me off

since we dont have Sat//cable I have missed all that and really have not listened to the radio much either..been more like just a bye weekend for us under this rock

Their isn’t much conterversy surrounding these teams so the media had to come up with something.  It’s what sells, it’s what gets people to talking and listening to these guys to see what they are going to say next.    

whether it be Mahomes is cocky and arrogant, the SF D is historically great and will shut Mahomes and company down or that we’re just an average team who SF can put 50 on us if they wanted to it’s all designed to do one thing, get people to talk about them.   The actual facts aren’t as interesting on the national scale which is which who most of them are catering to.   

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

since we dont have Sat//cable I have missed all that and really have not listened to the radio much either..been more like just a bye weekend for us under this rock

I have all the sports channels, but have avoided watching them since the AFC Championship game. All of it is just a bunch of blah, blah, blah bullshit. Who cares what "insert talking head's name here" said. The only thing that matters to me is Sunday and watching the Chiefs hoist that trophy I've waited 50 years to see come home.

We aren’t used to a confident Chiefs team.   Even years where we finished best or close to the best in the AFC there was always a waiting for the other show to drop.  This group is different and they know it.  They have peaked at the perfect time and are very dangerous.   The 9ers are too but I’m glad we aren’t cowering down.