Super Bowl Thread!

Just now, moons314 said:

Yes he did.  I was sure in favor of stringing him up for not looking for the ball on what would've been an easy touchdown.  He played a great game other than that one play.  That said, I still hope we draft a RB. 

and a few LBs... we got toasted for three quarters tonight.

the SF DL is for real holy shit

Just now, 58shineson said:

Patrick did good. I think Williams should get the mvp.  What say you?

while I get the sentiment, 58... without Patrick's mobility and competitiveness, Williams doesn't have that good of a day

that 1st down PM dove for was legendary

he took some MASSIVE hits tonight

2 minutes ago, mex said:

while I get the sentiment, 58... without Patrick's mobility and competitiveness, Williams doesn't have that good of a day

that 1st down PM dove for was legendary

he took some MASSIVE hits tonight

This.  Mahomes came out and straight willed this team to victory despite poor line play and not having his best stuff.  To use a baseball analogy, it's like a pitcher who comes out in game 7, can't locate his fastball, but despite not having his best stuff continually battles, and his team comes away with a 5-3 win.  Sometimes the true MVP transcends stats, and there's not a human that could have done what he did today, he just fought everything and got the job done.  As talented as he is, he's got intangibles for days.  

First off that 49ers front 4 is down right nasty.   They didn't give Mahomes hardly any time all night.   I actually thought that we might lose because of it.   Mahomes found a way to win along with that D.   Tonight we vanquished every demon we've every had as an organization.   Our D came up with a stop to win the SB......just let that sink in.   Our O responded after struggling for 3 quarters.  What a great win for Coach Reid and all of us Chiefs fans.    

The KC Chiefs are SB champions and we have a 24 year old superstar qb with a league MVP, SB MVP and SB Trophy all before 25.   Our future looks so flipping bright!    Go Chiefs!!!!!

35 minutes ago, moons314 said:

This.  Mahomes came out and straight willed this team to victory despite poor line play and not having his best stuff.  To use a baseball analogy, it's like a pitcher who comes out in game 7, can't locate his fastball, but despite not having his best stuff continually battles, and his team comes away with a 5-3 win.  Sometimes the true MVP transcends stats, and there's not a human that could have done what he did today, he just fought everything and got the job done.  As talented as he is, he's got intangibles for days.  

26/42  286  2/2

not a bad day for ANYONE playing that defense

12 hours ago, moons314 said:

Don't forget the rushing score. Lord, we go decades without a franchise QB, and the universe in turn compensated us with the best QB of all time.  

It's so amazing, there's going to be a new generation of Chiefs fans all over the country because of 15 that didn't know the struggle we went through and since we just won the SB I could care less.  The bandwagon is open baby, give me all the primetime games including that 4pm CBS slot that the whole country sees. 

Here are my thoughts:

Jimmy Grapes did exactly what I thought he would when he had to go win it.

Don't blink.  Pat is going to get even better.

Dee Ford is an invisible chump.  Disappeared in yet another big game.

It may take some time, but it will not be another 50 year wait to see them back.  Pat isn't going to be Favre/Rodgers.

OK, I'll make this all about me.

Unlike some of the oldsters around here who also remember Super Bowl IV, this is the first time I've followed the Chiefs all year and watched them go to the SB.

I became a Chiefs fan while watching SB IV and started rooting for them to win it about halftime. So, they were already playing in a SB when I became a fan. 

I've been a bandwaggoner ever since.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:42 PM, moons314 said:

Yup, Mahomes all the way.  When we were down 10, I believe he was 10-12 with the two TD's and over 100 yards throwing.  In the time we went down 20-10 to up 24-20 Williams had one rush and one catch (being the TD).  The run at the end was a great clincher but the comeback was all 15.