Super Bowl Thread!

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

CEH was a wasted pick.   Took me all season to get here but he was un utterly wasted pick.   If he wasn't a focal point knowing that the Bucs were going to double Kelce and Hill then it was a wasted pick.    Veach has assembled a great roster no doubt but reaching for turds in the 2nd round has to stop and taking running backs in the first is a no no....I know he will learn but dang.    I'm not sure if there has ever been more hype for a player maybe since Brian Bosworth.    And this isn't a dig at CEH...he just isn't utilized enough to be worth that pick.   

He’s been a complete disappointment. I liked the pick bc I thought he could the weapon on the wheel route that the woman beater was.  Instead we still had no running game and he was inconsequential in the passing game. 

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

CEH was a wasted pick.   Took me all season to get here but he was un utterly wasted pick.   If he wasn't a focal point knowing that the Bucs were going to double Kelce and Hill then it was a wasted pick.    Veach has assembled a great roster no doubt but reaching for turds in the 2nd round has to stop and taking running backs in the first is a no no....I know he will learn but dang.    I'm not sure if there has ever been more hype for a player maybe since Brian Bosworth.    And this isn't a dig at CEH...he just isn't utilized enough to be worth that pick.   

I gotta say I'm starting to agree with this sentiment

he didn't help out in the pass game, and williams was just as effective the last half of the season

in fairness though, injuries decimated our OL... which is impossible to forecast

but next year, we need OL... I don't give a rats ass how we get it, but we need to get some pass pro for Patrick

far as I'm concerned, Clark is still the biggest waste on the team

he sucked this year

1 minute ago, mex said:

he didn't help out in the pass game, and williams was just as effective the last half of the season

in fairness though, injuries decimated our OL... which is impossible to forecast

but next year, we need OL... I don't give a rats ass how we get it, but we need to get some pass pro for Patrick

he sucked this year

Yup. But were stuck with Clark. Imo, We gotta fix the oline, get another real LB to match up wit Gay and draft another pass rusher

1 minute ago, mex said:

he sucked this year

Outside of the one sack.....he pulled a typical Clark showing.   With that said the D was balling out until the drive the refs gave them 3 do overs.  Crazy to think the score could have been and should have been 7-6 at half.   

Oh well we got outcoached, out reffed and out played by the better team.   Sucks and stings but we will be better next year.  No way the Bucs can keep that whole team together they blew their wad getting there and this game is all together difference if we have an even competent oline

Try to take it easy guys, this is a tough loss. I guess I have some good friends, because last season when the Chiefs won, everyone was texting me and congratulating me.  I halfway expected them to tease me about this loss, but no one has. 

I guess Sammy Watkins is gone next season. 

I also underestimated Todd Bowles. 

16 minutes ago, mex said:

he sucked this year

The bad part is, it was widely said that had the Raiders not picked the absurdly fast receiver whose name escapes me, that the Chiefs coveted him.  Another body on the outside with big speed to compensate for always injured Watkins would've been invaluable.  It's almost like that raider prick Gruden knew the Chiefs wanted him and took him just to screw us.  

6 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Frank Clark and Chris Jones both need to be dropped as soon as we can. Lot of money and little production. Jones occasionally does stuff but his idiot penalties are tiresome. 

I was never in favor of giving Jones a contract.  Pretty sure I was in the minority, but I thought we should have let him walk.  He's a good player, but not worth his cap hit.  

We definitely need new O line guys.  But we have some pieces already.  We need to get bigger and more physical up front.  So that we can run when needed.  Especially when teams play 2 safeties 15 yards deep. 

LT- ???

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- ???

RT- Niang

We also need a rush DE and another LB. Although I'd like to see more of DOD out there.  He is fast and athletic and makes plays when given opportunities. A lot like Levonte David of Tampa.  They are close in size.  

5 minutes ago, Palangi said:

We definitely need new O line guys.  But we have some pieces already.  We need to get bigger and more physical up front.  So that we can run when needed.  Especially when teams play 2 safeties 15 yards deep. 

LT- ???

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- ???

RT- Niang

We also need a rush DE and another LB. Although I'd like to see more of DOD out there.  He is fast and athletic and makes plays when given opportunities. A lot like Levonte David of Tampa.  They are close in size.  

Shit dude DoD been here been for what? 3 years now and he cant crack 2nd sting? However I agree with you on exactly what we need. Oline, LB and pass rusher 

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

LT- ???

LG- Rankin

C - Allegretti

RG- ???

RT- Niang

We badly need some maulers up front.  The return of Tardiff is going to screw everything up.  He wasn't that good before he sat out a year and added some age, and now we're stuck with his contract.  Best thing for the Chiefs would be if he retired to be a doctor hero in Canada.  Rankin is really the only one you listed I'm entirely comfortable with , and be entirely comfortable I mean he makes my ass pucker the least amongst the garbage we have on the roster across the offensive line.  

Part of me wonders if maybe next year we might be better off shedding some bad contracts, eating a little dead cap, and taking a step back so that we can make a giant step forward the year following.  Example, if we could trade Chris Jones, pick up a draft pick. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Shit dude DoD been here been for what? 3 years now and he cant crack 2nd sting? However I agree with you on exactly what we need. Oline, LB and pass rusher 

Our coaching stats make some head scratching decisions in personnel sometimes.  DOD has flashes when given opportunities.  

3 minutes ago, moons314 said:

We badly need some maulers up front.  The return of Tardiff is going to screw everything up.  He wasn't that good before he sat out a year and added some age, and now we're stuck with his contract.  Best thing for the Chiefs would be if he retired to be a doctor hero in Canada.  Rankin is really the only one you listed I'm entirely comfortable with , and be entirely comfortable I mean he makes my ass pucker the least amongst the garbage we have on the roster across the offensive line.  

Part of me wonders if maybe next year we might be better off shedding some bad contracts, eating a little dead cap, and taking a step back so that we can make a giant step forward the year following.  Example, if we could trade Chris Jones, pick up a draft pick. 

I thought Allegretti did well.  And showed he can be a guy moving forward.  Especially if he can move to center.  

39 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I thought Allegretti did well.  And showed he can be a guy moving forward.  Especially if he can move to center.  

Yea, Allegrati and Fisher would be the only 2 players I feel that even deserves a shot to play. We need a real center, Tackle and Guard.  However,  knowing Reid,  they wont do it. We'll roll right back out there with the same shit or similar shit next year. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

Yea, Allegrati and Fisher would be the only 2 players I feel that even deserves a shot to play. We need a real center, Tackle and Guard.  However,  knowing Reid,  they wont do it. We'll roll right back out there with the same shit or similar shit next year. 

I didn't understand the reluctance to play Rankin this year.  He proved to be good last year when given his opportunity before injury.  

Allegretti needs to kick into center.  He would be a great anchor in the middle at 6'4" 320. And he is a really smart kid too

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I didn't understand the reluctance to play Rankin this year.  He proved to be good last year when given his opportunity before injury.  

Allegretti needs to kick into center.  He would be a great anchor in the middle at 6'4" 320. And he is a really smart kid too

Yea, I've been bitchin about Kilgore and Rankin not playing all season.  Politics I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Tough to argue against that. If you are not going to use a RB why waste picks in drafting guys high. 

Not sure if Veach really assembled  great roster yet. He's out there wasting picks on flashy positions like RB or WR while the half billion $ QB doesn't even get a single pocket throughout the game. Veach seems to be a great scout for some positions or at least knows how to pick the right guys and finds talent throughout the draft but he sure doesn't know how to build a roster. 

Clyde ran fantastic. He ran hard. He did more than most did against that defense this year.

it was a dog shit game plan. They did not run an offense to bust the zone. They forced the same game plan as week 12 with window dressing. 

Defense generated a total of 4 pressures. Although they did enough to steer the ship in the right direction from the get go. They got tired.  So much went wrong in this game. 

awful plan from a great staff. 

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Clyde ran fantastic. He ran hard. He did more than most did against that defense this year.

it was a dog shit game plan. They did not run an offense to bust the zone. They forced the same game plan as week 12 with window dressing. 

Defense generated a total of 4 pressures. Although they did enough to steer the ship in the right direction from the get go. They got tired.  So much went wrong in this game. 

awful plan from a great staff. 

CEH ran for 7.1 yards a carry.  I'd say he played well