We gotta keep Sammy

Don't kid yourself.  Sammy loves playing for Andy.   More than the money.  He is in a PERFECT situation if he isn't greedy because defenses cannot cover Sammy double team with all the other weaponsl.    Same with Damien Williams.   Gotta bring his price tag down some,   but I would LOVE to have him vack

7 hours ago, wilkie said:

Don't kid yourself.  Sammy loves playing for Andy.   More than the money.  He is in a PERFECT situation if he isn't greedy because defenses cannot cover Sammy double team with all the other weaponsl.    Same with Damien Williams.   Gotta bring his price tag down some,   but I would LOVE to have him vack

Sammy had one of the best plays of the game last night... it takes a cagey veteran to beat a guy like Sherman on a critical down

He's been a stud for us this year

Really comes down this.....Sammy’s cap hit for next season is $21,000,000.00

We save $14M if he is cut/traded

Soooo....Can Veach/Reid replace Sammy’s very very roller coaster games with sprinkles of elite plays when it matters for $14M?

I personally think what Sammy did these playoffs is give himself trade value knowing a trading team would have to pay $14M vs his current $21M.

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If he is willing to extend and play 3 years at 10m a year...do we take it? Personally I think 8m a year is as high as we go

Um yea, I really don't trust ole Samny. I think we try and trade him or cut him and sign another Vet. 

I just dont trust Sammy's mental game. 

29 minutes ago, artsy said:

Um yea, I really don't trust ole Samny. I think we try and trade him or cut him and sign another Vet. 

I just dont trust Sammy's mental game. 

lol yeah he's only averaged 92+ yards per game over his 5 playoff games with KC.  What a douche.

It’s not the mental part I don’t trust.....It’s the injury and meh overall stats. 

I think lots of players can do what Sammy did this year including a 2nd year, full offseason under his belt Hardman.

Also I have a feeling Williams will want to get paid if Veach goes to his people and ask for an extension.  I think finding a stud RB for Reid’s system outweighs keeping Sammy by a large margin!  

still think a Bell from Jets makes sense and could easily see a Bell for Watkins/Williams trade happen 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If he is willing to extend and play 3 years at 10m a year...do we take it? Personally I think 8m a year is as high as we go

Would still be too much invested on receivers and offense. KC can find a veteran looking for a ring for a few mill. Deep WR draft.Need to keep Jones.

Unfortunately, he's not worth his current salary.  If he's willing to renegotiate, that'd be fine.  

He's hurt alot and production is iffy. 

He was solid in the playoffs but reg season is a different story - 53 receptions for 673 yards and 3 tds - horrible for that amount of money. 

You can find another wr and upgrade elsewhere.

We need that money to resign  Chris Jones and to me Chris is more important to this team.........and I think Watkins is very important!   I think 10 million per for 2 years is fair, probably a little too fair.   And this would save us 11 million which should be a little over half of what it takes to resign Jones.   I think LDT, Erving and Colquit are gone for sure and I'm not sure Dirty Dan is safe even though he was big in the playoffs.   I think if we let those previous 4 go Veach could get creative and keep both.

My feeling is that Sammy deserves a lot of credit for his playoff performances, but he can be replaced.  How much of his playoff stats occurred because Hill and Kelce were drawing so much attention.  Could Hardman, Priingle, or Kemp done the same?  Hill and Kelce make the #2 WR a lot better with better opportunities.  Robinson is toast so next season should include Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Kemp, and new guy.  If Sammy wants to hang around enough to take the pay cut, then by all means resign him, but don't sacrifice another position to do it.  What can Watkins expect on the open market today?

He takes a restructures for less but more of it guaranteed or he is gone. I see dirty dan restructuring his deal. I think if Watkins is gone we move up Hardman to his spot and sign a cheaper red zone type guy like Lazard. LDT needs to go but resign Wis. Draft a C or RG and then use FA for RG or C who we dont draft for. Rest of spots should be draft for LB, DB and a 2nd TE. Unless of course we sign a good one in FA and then draft from there.