5 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

don't know if this is  actually true or not, but I heard a comment on the pre game shows that Andy said he was going to sit Shade because he wanted that extra defensive e guy. 

I heard him say that too, but at one time it would have been a different running back and not him sitting. Reid has never been one to speak ill of one of his players.  I still believe it is the way Shady carries the ball and the fumble.  My guess is Shady was told a repeatedly to protect it better and for whatever reason he couldn't and Reid didn't want to chance a bad fumble in the playoffs.  That and Williams has been balling.

I  think it’s just as Reid said.  Andy knew the way Shady carried the ball  when he signed him so he knew of the potential issue.   KC was up against a run heavy team and Damien  has been playing well and was going to probably get the vast majority of snaps vs maybe 5 to 8 for Shady.   Dline was more valuable than RB 

Also Andy has never been the kind of coach or person too hold a grudge like that to a player.  I think he would have just released him if he knew he wasn’t going to ever use that I think like another poster said he wanted Shady to get a ring.