DId the Refs call a good game?

I thought it was good.  I know the 49ers fans are holding on to a couple calls.  But there were some bad spots against the chiefs.  Chris Jones was held numerous times inside.  The 49ers DE lined up offsides a couple times and no calls

Overall I thought the refs stayed out of the game.  The only once I have a hard time defending was the OPI on Kittle. I thought that was a little soft. Right call,  but soft

My takes:

• Kittle OPI - ticky-tack but absolutely valid according to the letter of the law
  • DPI on Kelce in the end zone - textbook (I don't think anyone is questioning this but I did hear Bill Simmons say something dumb about the similar call in the Tennessee game and then said this one wouldn't have been PI if the defender had just turned his head)
  • Williams receiving TD - I think he was in but the replay was clearly going to stand as called either way that it was called on the field.  And I think we get in on 4th and an inch.
  • Tanoh offsides - he obviously moved early but I never saw a convincing replay of where his body was when the ball was snapped.  Only would have set up 3rd and 9, no way of knowing how that plays out.
  • No call for roughing Jimmy G on that same play - borderline but it was a shove when he was still a yard in bounds.  IMO there were worse no calls for hits on Patrick during the season.
  • General no calls / letting them play - seemed pretty consistent to me, actually.  Refreshingly flag-free game.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

My takes:

• Kittle OPI - ticky-tack but absolutely valid according to the letter of the law
  • DPI on Kelce in the end zone - textbook (I don't think anyone is questioning this but I did hear Bill Simmons say something dumb about the similar call in the Tennessee game and then said this one wouldn't have been PI if the defender had just turned his head)
  • Williams receiving TD - I think he was in but the replay was clearly going to stand as called either way that it was called on the field.  And I think we get in on 4th and an inch.
  • Tanoh offsides - he obviously moved early but I never saw a convincing replay of where his body was when the ball was snapped.  Only would have set up 3rd and 9, no way of knowing how that plays out.
  • No call for roughing Jimmy G on that same play - borderline but it was a shove when he was still a yard in bounds.  IMO there were worse no calls for hits on Patrick during the season.
  • General no calls / letting them play - seemed pretty consistent to me, actually.  Refreshingly flag-free game.

Agree on this and provided a little more elaboration:

Kittle OPI - should have been called. clear push off. niners fans were comparing it to kyle rudolph vs saints playoff game and that should have been called too. 

kelce - niners db never turned around. easy dpi

williams td- can't overturn and soo close. no idea why there'd be a complaint about that

tanoh - possibly should have been called. that was probably the one that got away from the refs

jimmy g- if you watch the play, niemann leads with his chest and then strikes jimmy g with the helmet. don't think that's helmet to helmet

Thought the refs were pretty decent

18 minutes ago, hankstromboli said:

jimmy g- if you watch the play, niemann leads with his chest and then strikes jimmy g with the helmet. don't think that's helmet to helmet

I'm not talking about that hit.  I'm talking about the scramble on the same play as the arguable Tanoh offsides.  Jimmy G got like 3 or 4, hard push by Felton going out of bounds.

Mahomes also got hands to the face that wasn’t called. The refs just let them play save for the egregiously obvious calls.

I think the ESPN big coast bias was in full effect and is feeding them. Fox post game mostly talked about the Chiefs winning. ESPN mostly talked about the 49ers losing, with a lot of ref grumbling from the talking heads. They want to stick up for big markets and glory teams.

The Chiefs had a lot of thing go right in the playoffs this year starting with NE losing to Miami.  With the history of one little thing shooting down their chances, maybe they were due for some good calls.  The only one that is questionable in my mind is Kittle's OPI, not that he didn't do it, but that the refs call that about one time in ten.  It was a game changer.  The offsides that wasn't called probably had no effect and Garap being hit was legal as he was a RB still in bounds when contacted.  If things were reversed, many Chiefs fans would be spending the morning whining about the Refs so maybe it was just our turn. 

2 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Mahomes also got hands to the face that wasn’t called. The refs just let them play save for the egregiously obvious calls.

I think the ESPN big coast bias was in full effect and is feeding them. Fox post game mostly talked about the Chiefs winning. ESPN mostly talked about the 49ers losing, with a lot of ref grumbling from the talking heads. They want to stick up for big markets and glory teams.

They just want to create controversy to fill time and stir interest.  ESPN has lost it's way in providing sports entertainment and become a social commentary. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They just want to create controversy to fill time and stir interest.  ESPN has lost it's way in providing sports entertainment and become a social commentary. 

True, but they also play to their big markets with more viewers. Anybody along I-95, Dallas, or California will get the narrative focused on them instead of others. If San Fran won with all the same circumstances, they’d be talking about how San Fran won, not how KC lost. And with KC, they’d really only talk about how Andy couldn’t win.

1 minute ago, Thegoatee said:

True, but they also play to their big markets with more viewers. Anybody along I-95, Dallas, or California will get the narrative focused on them instead of others. If San Fran won with all the same circumstances, they’d be talking about how San Fran won, not how KC lost. And with KC, they’d really only talk about how Andy couldn’t win.

With all the publicity Mahomes has been getting, KC fans can't complain about being overlooked.  Even before yesterday's win, Mahomes and the Chiefs were getting more than their share of attention.  The NFL powers have decided to make Mahomes their marque player for now. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

With all the publicity Mahomes has been getting, KC fans can't complain about being overlooked.  Even before yesterday's win, Mahomes and the Chiefs were getting more than their share of attention.  The NFL powers have decided to make Mahomes their marque player for now. 

Certainly not anymore. Now we can chase a dynasty and Mahomes as greatest of all time. Hopefully we don’t get a hangover next year.

The Curse was Broken b y winning the Hunt Trophy.

Fuck the Forty Whiners.....

KC is now due 50+ years of "Favorable calls".

And the Other teams we face in the Playoffs must miss key Field Goals and line up off side on all plays that could seal a victory.

w

Just now, West said:

The Curse was Broken b y winning the Hunt Trophy.

Fuck the Forty Whiners.....

KC is now due 50+ years of "Favorable calls".

And the Other teams we face in the Playoffs must miss key Field Goals and line up off side on all plays that could seal a victory.

w

Speaking of Dee Ford... his stat line was pretty barren. Bosa was a beast though. Let’s hope some other franchises can have a few Lin Elliotts and not us. May the Buttkicker be true for many years to come.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Listened to the SF radio replay. Sad....using bad calls as an excuse. Complaining Chiefs were holding 50% of the time etc.

Hell Joe Buck prefaced the entire broadcast with a d bag take about Shanahan crying about holding. Awful broadcast by he and Aikman IMO. So dull.

Blaming officials is a loser's mentality.  The Chiefs won because the Chiefs are far superior at the most important position on the field, period.  Garapodouche doesn't overthrow Sanders, that game was over right there.  MVP got the job done, the other guy didn't.

Kittle blatantly pushed off.  If this isn't a penalty, then teams will just start finding guys with long arms so they can't be defended.  

Kelce was mugged in the end zone.  He tried to come back for the ball, and the defender didn't know where the ball was, and just ran through Kelce, completely impeding his ability to get to the ball.

Holding happens in the NFL.  All the time.  The officials made it clear they were going to let them play, and they were consistent on  both sides. That was the best officiated game I have seen in many years, and I would have said the same thing had we lost.  

2 hours ago, Arrowhead78 said:

Hell Joe Buck prefaced the entire broadcast with a d bag take about Shanahan crying about holding. Awful broadcast by he and Aikman IMO. So dull.

You know KC is 2-1 in championships called by Joe Buck. Royals 1-1, Chiefs 1-0. His hate for KC just makes the wins even sweeter for me. 😁