Season of Destiny

I often say that we should embrace everything that happens. Good or bad. We never know what our destiny is. 

So many things this year seemed to be destiny.

All the injuries we had forced younger guys to play. These guys became contributors.  Mahomes getting hurt changed the attitude and direction of the Defense. They suddenly became a bigger part of the team. Gained confidence and found they were no longer the little brother. They were suddenly an equal that the team could count on. This does not happen without Mahomes dislocating his knee. Mahommes ankle may have never healed if he did not sit a few weeks, either.

The tyreek hill debacle in the offseason throws off our draft. It starts a domino effect. We trade up for Hardman, take Thornhill, Saunders, Thompson and Fenton. All major contributors. I do not think our draft would have fallen the same otherwise.

We lose that game to the Titans. A Fluke loss that everyone thought was the end of the world. As it turns out, this loss helped pave our road to the superbowl more than any other game we played all season. The loss seemingly started a chain of events that gets us Suggs. Who was a key player for our playoff stretch. The Titans loss also lights a fire under this team. It was a catalyst that fueled our Superbowl run. The Titans end up making the playoffs and knock off both the Patriots and Ravens. Even though unrelated we get lucky and the Dolphins (who gave tannehil away to Titans) beat New England in week 17.

All of a sudden we the 2nd seed. A team hardened by all the adversity we faced with determination to never give up. We win the Superbowl. I think because this season was truly a season of Destiny. It has given birth to a team , I believe has several Championships in its future.

Destiny is not a real thing.  Neither are curses.

Patrick Mahomes is very real though.

Winning the Superbowl is the kind of thing that happens when you have the best QB in the game and surround him with talent. 

We took chances and most of them paid off big time.  Hiring Andy coming off a bad season for him, trading for Alex Smith, trading up for Mahomes with a good QB already under contract, ditching our overpaid and fading defensive stars after being in the AFCCG, trading out Dee Ford for Frank Clark and paying him that much, signing Mathieu to a big contact (relatively for a safety), drafting Tyreek, taking a chance on Damien Williams, outbidding other teams for Sammy, hiring Spags, locking in on Mecole in the 2nd round, keeping KPass and Dirty Dan, etc... all of these choices were no sure thing and many were panned by a significant portion of the fanbase.  ALL turned out to be good decisions.

And yes, we will be back there in the future.  Don't know if we'll win them, but i like our chances to get back and win more as long as we stay aggressive in the offseason.  This is not an Aaron Rodgers situation with a timid front office that refuses to take chances.

52 minutes ago, xen said:

Destiny is not a real thing.  Neither are curses.

Patrick Mahomes is very real though.

Winning the Superbowl is the kind of thing that happens when you have the best QB in the game and surround him with talent. 

We took chances and most of them paid off big time.  Hiring Andy coming off a bad season for him, trading for Alex Smith, trading up for Mahomes with a good QB already under contract, ditching our overpaid and fading defensive stars after being in the AFCCG, trading out Dee Ford for Frank Clark and paying him that much, signing Mathieu to a big contact (relatively for a safety), drafting Tyreek, taking a chance on Damien Williams, outbidding other teams for Sammy, hiring Spags, locking in on Mecole in the 2nd round, keeping KPass and Dirty Dan, etc... all of these choices were no sure thing and many were panned by a significant portion of the fanbase.  ALL turned out to be good decisions.

And yes, we will be back there in the future.  Don't know if we'll win them, but i like our chances to get back and win more as long as we stay aggressive in the offseason.  This is not an Aaron Rodgers situation with a timid front office that refuses to take chances.

I think the team can get better. Oline, rb as a group. So I think they can win one more. Or 2

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I think the team can get better. Oline, rb as a group. So I think they can win one more. Or 2

With Pat, everything is on the table.  One more?  Two more?  Dynasty?  Sure.  Will ultimately come down to Veach and what he can put around him.

Oline can definitely improve.  Same with LBs and the RBs.  Hell we got some big challenges this offseason with the CBs.  

Pat is happy in KC and wants to stay here.

He has at least 10 years left.

Multiple Super Bowls are Possible.

Veach is a good GM

Andy is a HOF Coach

Spags is a solid DC

Folks, this team is the BEST positioned team in the NFL.

w

12 minutes ago, West said:

Pat is happy in KC and wants to stay here.

He has at least 10 years left.

Multiple Super Bowls are Possible.

Veach is a good GM

Andy is a HOF Coach

Spags is a solid DC

Folks, this team is the BEST positioned team in the NFL.

w

Man, what a turn around. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

With Pat, everything is on the table.  One more?  Two more?  Dynasty?  Sure.  Will ultimately come down to Veach and what he can put around him.

Oline can definitely improve.  Same with LBs and the RBs.  Hell we got some big challenges this offseason with the CBs.  

yep and that SF team is for real... and they're YOUNG.

I think the biggest thing is we finally got hot at the end of the year. We’ve been hot for 9 or 10 games to start a year and then crumble. There was a time many pondered if we’d even win the division after the Titans loss. Amazing what getting rid of Sutton and Pioli era players did for the defense.

9 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Interesting factoid.   This was Any Reid's 2nd Super Bowl.   His 222nd victory that happened  on 02/02/2020  .  The Quartback Patrick Mahommes II . 

and there were 2 douchebags calling the game  (Airkman and Buck).  

thats funny

11 minutes ago, Docbarnabee said:

Interesting factoid.   This was Any Reid's 2nd Super Bowl.   His 222nd victory that happened  on 02/02/2020  .  The Quartback Patrick Mahommes II . 

and there were 2 douchebags calling the game  (Airkman and Buck).  

this quote belongs in the #2 thread :lol: