Damien Williams

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

To my eye, this literally cannot be right.  He looks so much smaller than most of those other guys, at least to me.  I'm wondering if it's who we see him next to on the field, but it's not like Patrick is a hulk.  Thompson *looks* smaller than Hill to me, and Hill already seems small.

lol you're looking at his height with a jersey on.  Dude looks like Tiny Hulk with his shirt off.

The power of contact balance:

DARWIN-1.0.gif

8 minutes ago, xen said:

lol you're looking at his height with a jersey on.  Dude looks like Tiny Hulk with his shirt off.

The power of contact balance:

DARWIN-1.0.gif

Height, sure, but there must be something about our uniforms that make him look slender too.  I just don't see that bowling ball build when he's on the field.  He plays like it, though.

there’s a lot to this about williams. first off like i and others mentioned he is not a 16 game guy. he needs to be kept fresh for the december and playoffs. reid managed this very well. secondly he knows the playbook. this is huge. reid is big on this and it makes sense. i like what he brings. now we also have thompson a,d daryl williams which i like. big back that did very well. we also have our practice squad RB a,d i believe one of them mcguire played for the jets and he was pretty dam good. 

you never know how the draft goes. maybe we find another charles or hunt. never know. i agree with others that we have more pressing needs in other positions. 

Doesn't really matter.  RBs with skillsets Andy likes can be had easily.  This system is adaptable to all types of rushers and we've already proven (as many teams have before us) that you don't need an elite RB to win the superbowl.  You need an elite QB, but not an elite RB.  RBBC is fine.

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Doesn't really matter.  RBs with skillsets Andy likes can be had easily.  This system is adaptable to all types of rushers and we've already proven (as many teams have before us) that you don't need an elite RB to win the superbowl.  You need an elite QB, but not an elite RB.  RBBC is fine.

Yep. Get some LBs and interior O line

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Amazing how many draft "experts" have the Chiefs drafting a RB in the first.  Either they don't know the Chiefs or they're just too lazy to think. 

There was one guy in scout.com board that kept mocking a RB to us in 1st even when Charles was in his prime. Had us trading up for Ameer Abdullah and other RBs, forgot his nick though. May be he became an "expert". 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

Amazing how many draft "experts" have the Chiefs drafting a RB in the first.  Either they don't know the Chiefs or they're just too lazy to think. 

all they know is the Chiefs lost so many RBs these last few years and won the SB with a #3 guy

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

There was one guy in scout.com board that kept mocking a RB to us in 1st even when Charles was in his prime. Had us trading up for Ameer Abdullah and other RBs, forgot his nick though. May be he became an "expert". 

He was annoying as fuck too. Kept putting Ameer in every thread and how we would regret passing on him. The other guy was Dennard, CB. Then I will admit he got one guy right saying Mccaffrey at RB. He was drafted before us but then he thought it was dumb to move up to 10 and get Mahomes and not go even more to have taken Mccaffrey. Going to bother me trying to remember his name now.

Watched all the playoff games 3 times.    Williams was the man Sunday.   Most all of you know I am a big Sammy Watkins fan and I thought he had a really great game as well.   I still hold out some kind of hope that we can keep him here.

31 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Watched all the playoff games 3 times.    Williams was the man Sunday.   Most all of you know I am a big Sammy Watkins fan and I thought he had a really great game as well.   I still hold out some kind of hope that we can keep him here.

I’m on board too. I watched all 3 games again a couple times. Sammy Watkins makes big play at key moments.

I truly think he is a big difference in our offense.    When Sammy is healthy and in the game,   defenses cannot doubleteam Tyreek and Kelce effectively.   Sammy can make the plays that are a nightmare for defensive backs.    Wish he weren't so expensive to retain,  but maybe he will want to come back to a Superbowl champion.

1 hour ago, wilkie said:

I truly think he is a big difference in our offense.    When Sammy is healthy and in the game,   defenses cannot doubleteam Tyreek and Kelce effectively.   Sammy can make the plays that are a nightmare for defensive backs.    Wish he weren't so expensive to retain,  but maybe he will want to come back to a Superbowl champion.

He's all over the place.  One minute he talks about wanting to win individual honors, the next he want to stay with the team, then he throws in the need to take a year off.  I think signing him might help the team in the next year or so, but he seems like a risk at this point.  There are greater needs to spend limited cap numbers on. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He's all over the place.  One minute he talks about wanting to win individual honors, the next he want to stay with the team, then he throws in the need to take a year off.  I think signing him might help the team in the next year or so, but he seems like a risk at this point.  There are greater needs to spend limited cap numbers on. 

Do not disagree.  Cannot understand what he is after but he is definitely a force for us.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

I’m on board too. I watched all 3 games again a couple times. Sammy Watkins makes big play at key moments. 

The fact Richard Sherman couldn’t handle our number 3 receiving option was a big factor in the W.  Only thing more important on offense besides Mahomes was the 49ers being unable to contain Williams. We simply had more weapons than they did and a better coach to pull it all together. 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:52 PM, wilkie said:

Damien Williams had the game of his life.  In my very humble opinion he was Superbowl MVP.

I love that he is a complete running back

he can run, receive, and block

and he blocks well

on one play he pounded into Bosa coming hard off the left end, completely stopping him, and then slipped past only to catch the ball in the flats and run for a big first down... that was a hell of a play

2 hours ago, mex said:

I love that he is a complete running back

he can run, receive, and block

and he blocks well

on one play he pounded into Bosa coming hard off the left end, completely stopping him, and then slipped past only to catch the ball in the flats and run for a big first down... that was a hell of a play

And of course he has speed. And he comes cheap.