Damien Williams

On 2/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, Handswarmer said:

Why were you down 20-10? Because at 13-10, Mahomes threw an INT. 6 plays later its 20-10

Next possession, Mahomes throws another pick. 49ers can't capitalize, punt it back. Thats the defense

Mahomes wouldn't have had to 'comeback' if he didn't 'set them back' with the back to back INT's

As Peyton Manning once said "Comeback? If I had done my job right, we wouldn't have had to comeback"

JMO

Lots of people go from being the goat to the MVP, all that matters is who made the plays to win the game and it was 15.  It's not like Williams was the one keeping us in the game while Mahomes 'struggled'.  

Imagine if LJ responded to winning the Titans game after his 2 picks' he threw, yet he did not...

17 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

the braggadocio is stunning.....

Chiefs have been to 3 AFCCG in 50 years. Ravens have been to 4 AFCCG in 24 with 2 SB's.

Enjoy your win

That's hilarious because we've been to 2 AFCCG in the last 2 years and won 1 SB so please gloat about past irrelevant stats.  My guess is you probably have no one on your roster who's been to the AFCCG but go ahead and brag about being there in the past!!! 🤣

Hey but if you want to talk about historical facts, your QB has choked in his two playoff games putting up a whopping 3 points through 3 quarters in the Chargers game and 6 points through 3 quarters in the Titans game.  So I wouldn't go down the route of using history to define future success....

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Your goading is understandable.  It happens when a fan of an excellent and powerful team with a great young quarterback is faced with the prospect that it may all be for naught because another deep team has a quarterback who is simply out of this world and is guided by the best offensive coach and the most speed and targets for that otherworldly QB to throw to.  Your comments are based on frustration and fear of becomng, going forward,  what the Chiefs once were...a team that could get to the dance but not win the big one.  The teams that win the big one are almost always the ones who have the best QB.  It is like Manning or Elway or Brady or Farvre or Marino, or Montana.  Lamar Jackson will be a fine QB who will lead the birds to many playoffs.  But in the absence of odd fumbles or interceptions or injury to Mahomes, they will never get past him or the Chiefs. We all know that.  Ravens fans will learn it and hope for an occasional championship whenever Mahomes is hurt. I've been watching football for about 65 years, and I have never seen a QB like Mahomes.  Never.  He truly floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee, is mentally brilliant, has perfect vision, a cannon for an arm that can throw at any angle with great accuracy, and is a perfect team leader.  And he works harder and spends more time in the film room than any player around. He plays under the guidance and close friendship with one of the greatest offensive coaches of all time. He is rabidly competitive and is a friend of every teammate. They would all walk over hot coals for him.  He misdirects and alters defenses with a glance or shift of his eyes and processes information like a quantum computer. Every game he does one or two things that are simply astonishing, that leaves my mouth agape.

Nice of you to write that about Lamar

4 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Lots of people go from being the goat to the MVP, all that matters is who made the plays to win the game and it was 15.  It's not like Williams was the one keeping us in the game while Mahomes 'struggled'.  

Imagine if LJ responded to winning the Titans game after his 2 picks' he threw, yet he did not...

Coaches panicked in that game calling for 70 passes when the running game was working.

As far as his INTs, i heard slot if people defending Mahomes deep int. Same could be said about LJ, his first hit the TE in the hands and thats a catch he routinely makes.

4 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

That's hilarious because we've been to 2 AFCCG in the last 2 years and won 1 SB so please gloat about past irrelevant stats.  My guess is you probably have no one on your roster who's been to the AFCCG but go ahead and brag about being there in the past!!! 🤣

Hey but if you want to talk about historical facts, your QB has choked in his two playoff games putting up a whopping 3 points through 3 quarters in the Chargers game and 6 points through 3 quarters in the Titans game.  So I wouldn't go down the route of using history to define future success....

Probably about 5-6 players left from 2012. 

See above.

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The Chiefs have also been to 2 AFCCG in 2 years.  I guess it's all in how you look at it. 

Back to back in 2011 and 2012 for the Ravens. Depends on how you look at it

24 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Well, it's true.  He reminds me of Michael Vick with his running combined with his passing ability.

Vick had a better arm but had a hard time handling NFL offensive systems. I remember Andy scaled back his offense back quite a bit for him.  Man did he have a day at GB in the playoffs though. 

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

If your a running team, never quit running. If you are a passing team, never quit passing. I hate when a running team gets behind and quits running and I hate when a passing team gets a lead and quits passing. Dance with the one that brung ya, daddy. 

Man, that's true.  It goes for drafting and FA, too. 

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Coaches panicked in that game calling for 70 passes when the running game was working.

As far as his INTs, i heard slot if people defending Mahomes deep int. Same could be said about LJ, his first hit the TE in the hands and thats a catch he routinely makes.

Probably about 5-6 players left from 2012. 

See above.

Back to back in 2011 and 2012 for the Ravens. Depends on how you look at it

Well... we look at it like ours is happening right now with our current 24 year old QB, not in the olden times of 2012 with a soon to be former donkey qb.