What do we do now?

Yep FA first and then see what we need for draft. Chiefs waiting on Mahomes contract after CBA helps us a ton this year too. Hopefully some vets and players wanting a SB ring come here or on prove it deals to play with us. Man, I am loving this shortened off season! We need many more of these winning games in February!

Baylor loss definitely hurt but if the team can put things together a trip to the final four is very likely, meaning we'll lose to some mid-major in sweet 16. 

I think Mahomes' contract will be the key point this offseason but there's some other stuff to keep us entertained like the questionable guys on the roster for 2020.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Yep FA first and then see what we need for draft. Chiefs waiting on Mahomes contract after CBA helps us a ton this year too. Hopefully some vets and players wanting a SB ring come here or on prove it deals to play with us. Man, I am loving this shortened off season! We need many more of these winning games in February!

That's a good point. 

I know Mahomes will rightly break the bank, but I'll bet there are dozens of top flight players who will take a little less dough to have the chance to play on the same team with him.

What WR wouldn't give his eye teeth to have Pat as his QB? And what O lineman wouldn't relish blocking for him? 

The desire for a ring is an X-factor all its own.

35 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

That's a good point. 

I know Mahomes will rightly break the bank, but I'll bet there are dozens of top flight players who will take a little less dough to have the chance to play on the same team with him.

What WR wouldn't give his eye teeth to have Pat as his QB? And what O lineman wouldn't relish blocking for him? 

Throw in the WRs that want to prove themselves on a short term deal before breaking the bank. We'll have our pick of weapons on offense. 

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

hope we don't do any bad contracts like with watkins etc

But i think Veach is smarter than his predecessor

Gotta make sure we draft well. I still see that as the best route to reload. With Mahomes contract it's not like we'll be able to sign a bunch of big contract FA's. Nor should we want to. Still a lot of uncertainty with Watkins. Do we bring back Suggs if he still wants to play? Breeland? Fuller? What do we do with Chris Jones? So much to unfold this off season.

This is a great post.  I saw someone on Twitter joking about how free agency is only 6 weeks away.  Like Lukas said, usually by now we are all invested into researching free agency and the draft by 3 or 4 weeks gearing up for the off-season but getting to the Super Bowl has shrunk that wait time considerably.

11 minutes ago, dksww said:

This is a great post.  I saw someone on Twitter joking about how free agency is only 6 weeks away.  Like Lukas said, usually by now we are all invested into researching free agency and the draft by 3 or 4 weeks gearing up for the off-season but getting to the Super Bowl has shrunk that wait time considerably.

For most people FA starts much sooner so they might get really bored waiting for it. I love how we only have so little time before FA begins and the FA talk generally heats up at the end of February so only 4 weeks before the fun begins.

I have been a Chiefs fan since 1991.  Every season until now there has been the finality of a Chiefs loss to send me to the off season (unless they happen to win the final game in a year where they didn't make the playoffs).  Many of the losses coming with heartbreak on top of it.  A little part of me is still waiting for that loss to come.  It's like I don't know how to process it.  I have even watched the NFL network replays of the game the last two nights not quite sure I should believe we won.  I know many of you have been a fan a lot longer then me.  Anyone else have this feeling?

3 minutes ago, jgriff3029 said:

I have been a Chiefs fan since 1991.  Every season until now there has been the finality of a Chiefs loss to send me to the off season (unless they happen to win the final game in a year where they didn't make the playoffs).  Many of the losses coming with heartbreak on top of it.  A little part of me is still waiting for that loss to come.  It's like I don't know how to process it.  I have even watched the NFL network replays of the game the last two nights not quite sure I should believe we won.  I know many of you have been a fan a lot longer then me.  Anyone else have this feeling?

Interesting viewpoint.  Are you saying you felt better when the Chiefs missed the playoffs than when they lost a playoff game?  I was a season ticket holder and got a lot of enjoyment when the Chiefs won a game at Arrowhead even though they weren't in contention.  The playoffs, win or lose, were a bonus.  Only when the Chiefs seemed to be the obvious SB choice like after the 1995 season, did I feel it would have been better to not have even played a playoff game.  Otherwise, I'll take it one game at a time, enjoying the wins and cursing the losses.  Maybe many of us will be able to swallow the bitter playoff losses better now that they have won it all.   Only one team out of 12 playoff qualifiers wins. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Interesting viewpoint.  Are you saying you felt better when the Chiefs missed the playoffs than when they lost a playoff game?  I was a season ticket holder and got a lot of enjoyment when the Chiefs won a game at Arrowhead even though they weren't in contention.  The playoffs, win or lose, were a bonus.  Only when the Chiefs seemed to be the obvious SB choice like after the 1995 season, did I feel it would have been better to not have even played a playoff game.  Otherwise, I'll take it one game at a time, enjoying the wins and cursing the losses.  Maybe many of us will be able to swallow the bitter playoff losses better now that they have won it all.   Only one team out of 12 playoff qualifiers wins. 

No, I was definitely not happier when the Chiefs won the last game but missed the playoffs.  I was just pointing out that for the first time in almost 30 years, the season is not ending with the disappointment of the Chiefs not being champions and I haven;t wrapped my mind around it emotionally.  I am an Atlanta Braves fan too, so post season disappointment is sort of my thing.

17 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

That's a good point. 

Or offensive lineman. I hope the lineman coming piling through the door. Need to protect pat like manning used to be protected.

8 hours ago, qnet said:

I'm still just really enjoying the win, I'll probably watch a replay of the SB for the 3rd time after I get off of work. 

Nice to see the NFL Network game that they skip through all the bs and ahead on plays etc. Ibwatched it last night in an hour. Of course i had to see it full game again too

4 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Ain't that the truth. That should be top priority.

It is. The line should be ashamed of the way the played in the SB. Patrick Mahomes had very few chances to take deep shots because the guy never had a clean pocket. LDT was absolutely abused Sunday, and Reiter was going to have to be replaced regardless.