The List of QB's PM2 is Now Tied With

59 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

In Super Bowl Wins

Steve Young, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ken Stabler, Len Dawson, Brett Favre, Joe Theismann, Kurt Warner, Johnny Unitas, and Joe Nameth.

I didn't count Brad Johnson and Joe Flacco types.  Just the notables. 

Didn't Young win more than 1?  Maybe I'm wrong

I would LOVE seeing Mahomes pass Brady in SB wins

23 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

It's amazing how many great QBs only get one.  That's one reason I was desperate to cash this opportunity in.

Now "can't win the big one" will never be something anyone can say about Patrick or Andy.

Adam I felt the exact same way.  We don't win this one and the pressure just doubles next year and the year after.   Getting this one kicks the monkey off everyone's back!   And like this list proves its not guaranteed you will be back every year for the next decade.  Once Mahomes gets paid it becomes infinitely harder which is why the Patriots run is so impressive.   I do believe Mahomes will at least get one more and probably 2 but who knows.  We got this one and now that "Can't win the big one" can never be used on us again.   

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Adam I felt the exact same way.  We don't win this one and the pressure just doubles next year and the year after.   Getting this one kicks the monkey off everyone's back!   And like this list proves its not guaranteed you will be back every year for the next decade.  Once Mahomes gets paid it becomes infinitely harder which is why the Patriots run is so impressive.   I do believe Mahomes will at least get one more and probably 2 but who knows.  We got this one and now that "Can't win the big one" can never be used on us again.   

Does winning this season make it more or less probably that the Chiefs win next season?  Will they play better without the pressure on winning one or will they lose the intensity of going for the first one?

13 hours ago, jetlord said:

Does winning this season make it more or less probably that the Chiefs win next season?  Will they play better without the pressure on winning one or will they lose the intensity of going for the first one?

this is where the Pats have always been excellent... their front office/talent evaluation/cap-budgeting around Tom Brady is why they had their dynasty

next few months is where Veach, Shea, Bradway/Poles prove their mettle

14 hours ago, jetlord said:

I don't think it has any affect on the probability.  The probability for this year was low and it remains low for next year.  Not because we are better or worse, but there are about 5 teams that realistically could win every year.  That gives even the best teams a 1 in 5 chance.  Think of all the things that went right for us this year.  The Dolphins win, the Titans beating the Ravens and Patriots. Skillful but also fortunate comebacks in 3 straight games.  Barring injury we should be one of the favorites, but even the favorites have a much less than 50 percent chance.  

We will get to about a coin toss once we get to Tampa.  And we are about three coin tosses from getting to Tampa.  I think that's where the idea of the curses has come from.  We think because we have the best team, we are going to the Super Bowl and if we don't there's something there.

That said, we most likely have a kick ass team coming back and the AFC is losing guys like Brady, Big Ben and Rivers.  Seems like we have a legitimate chance to repeat. 

2 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I don't think it has any affect on the probability.  The probability for this year was low and it remains low for next year.  Not because we are better or worse, but there are about 5 teams that realistically could win every year.  That gives even the best teams a 1 in 5 chance.  Think of all the things that went right for us this year.  The Dolphins win, the Titans beating the Ravens and Patriots. Skillful but also fortunate comebacks in 3 straight games.  Barring injury we should be one of the favorites, but even the favorites have a much less than 50 percent chance.  

We will get to about a coin toss once we get to Tampa.  And we are about three coin tosses from getting to Tampa.  I think that's where the idea of the curses has come from.  We think because we have the best team, we are going to the Super Bowl and if we don't there's something there.

That said, we most likely have a kick ass team coming back and the AFC is losing guys like Brady, Big Ben and Rivers.  Seems like we have a legitimate chance to repeat. 

Good post Reese.  The best team often doesn't get to the SB, much less win it every year.  The Chiefs are the current favorite for next year, but that is listed at 1:6.  The Ravens are 1:7.  If accurate, the best team in football will win only once in six seasons.   But the attitude of a team and its coaches does have a lot to do with repeating or even winning the first time.  The 2015 Royals were a prime example.  My question is whether getting the pressure off will help or will the team be just a fraction less intense. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

My question is whether getting the pressure off will help or will the team be just a fraction less intense. 

Gotcha.  And that's an interesting question.  I personally think the experience gained by the coaches and players would outweigh the intensity factor, but hunger is a good thing also. 

30 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Gotcha.  And that's an interesting question.  I personally think the experience gained by the coaches and players would outweigh the intensity factor, but hunger is a good thing also. 

Mahomes is a competitor and i think his drive to be the best ever will get us more rings

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Mahomes is a competitor and i think his drive to be the best ever will get us more rings

I think we get more rings also.  But just maybe not next year.  I think we are in a position currently where we are maybe 30% each year to win it?  Maybe 40% each year to make it?  We are set up for long term success better than anyone right now.  

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I agree, this team has some absolute warriors.  Mahomes is a competitor, he wants greatness.  Honey Badger and Clark also want to dominate.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

I think we get more rings also.  But just maybe not next year.  I think we are in a position currently where we are maybe 30% each year to win it?  Maybe 40% each year to make it?  We are set up for long term success better than anyone right now.  

Might be a little optimistic but I agree with the essential idea.  I do think we get at least one more during Mahomes' career.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Well hell, the topic is 2 in another thread, so we need to win back to back for our 2nd SB title in 2 years! Plus it would tie him with many others having 2 rings and one of very few teams to win 2 in a row. I would love to see 3 in a row. Set the standard for years to come.....