Lenny Dawson still the best?

13 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

No Lenny was not an NFL MVP. Boomer Esiason was a league MVP does that make him an elite QB?

Did Boomer Esiason win a ring?  This is just nuts. Mahomes is the best QB we’ve ever had. He’s won a higher percentage of games than anyone else, more playoff yardage, TDs, and best playoff win percentage. Hes the catalyst of our offense and simply by far the most talented this franchise has ever had.  

If not for the Super Bowl most Chiefs fans wouldn't know Lenny other than being a radio guy.  I've said it before that I believed Len was the 2nd best QB in franchise history, and that was before Mahomes was drafted.  Yes, we've had this discussion before, but Trent was a better QB than Lenny.  Chiefs QBs in order: Mahomes, Trent, Lenny, Alex Smith.  

11 hours ago, moons314 said:

If not for the Super Bowl most Chiefs fans wouldn't know Lenny other than being a radio guy.  I've said it before that I believed Len was the 2nd best QB in franchise history, and that was before Mahomes was drafted.  Yes, we've had this discussion before, but Trent was a better QB than Lenny.  Chiefs QBs in order: Mahomes, Trent, Lenny, Alex Smith.  

asinine statement .. he does wear a gold jacket ya know and thats  for more than just 1 SB win

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Jim Kelly must be considered the best QB to ever play. He led his team to 4 straight SB appearances. Something no one in the history of the NFL has ever done.

Ok you're really straining right now.   How about this... by y'alls logic, Matt Moore has played longer than Pat.   That must mean he's a better QB.

I can't wait for the QB controversy this offseason.  Who has Matt Moore?

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Interpretation PM2: is the best and his typical "bad game" is still above average for the entire rest of the NFL.

Here's a nice primer on EPA for those that want more info.

Here's a longer explanation:

https://www.advancedfootballanalytics.com/index.php/home/stats/stats-explained/expected-points-and-epa-explained

I love Lenny and all that he has brought KC.  BUT..and yes this was at the latter part of his tenure, here is the joke about him:

Did you hear there is a new Lenny Dawson action figure?

Yeah, just wind it up and it falls down....

Ebb and flow people.  They were/are both great and there is no need to compare.  I prefer to just appreciate both.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Ok you're really straining right now.   How about this... by y'alls logic, Matt Moore has played longer than Pat.   That must mean he's a better QB.

I can't wait for the QB controversy this offseason.  Who has Matt Moore?

By y'alls logic, someone who had 2-3 years of outstanding work should be considered greatest of all time no matter what. None of us have said we would take anyone else over Mahomes, have we? No we haven't. None of us have said Lenny was a better QB than Mahomes, have we? No we haven't.

All we have said is compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. You can't compare an era that had few 2-3k passers or WRs that were mugged constantly, TEs and FBs who were used primarily as blockers or even RBs who were predominately used to run the ball vs catching balls to today's game.

Defenders who breath on QBs today get roughing the passer calls. Receivers get tussled when going across the middle get PIs. TEs who aren't much of the passing game are looked as poor TEs. ITS A DIFFERENT GAME AND COMPARING THE DIFFERENT ERAS ARE WRONG.