A few interesting SB facts.

This may have been posted elsewhere, but I thought it interesting that Schwartz was the most efficient Chiefs player in the playoffs.  Zero sacks allowed.  Zero QB hits allowed.  Two pressures.  All that in 100 passing attempts in this year's playoffs.  Amazing considering he was going up against a few pretty good DEs.

Sherman had five passes to defend in the SB.  All five were completed and Watkins really schooled him in the lead taking drive.  Great Watkins or overrated Sherman?

Reid easily outcoached  Kyle.  The three "big" plays on offense in the fourth quarter were all perfect calls based on SFO tendencies and on the unworldly abilities of Mahomes and the skill players on offense.  The Niners fans are whining about how Kyle blew the game, but Reid, Pat, Hill, Sammy, Damien, and Sausage took what was available and played it perfectly. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

This may have been posted elsewhere, but I thought it interesting that Schwartz was the most efficient Chiefs player in the playoffs.  Zero sacks allowed.  Zero QB hits allowed.  Two pressures.  All that in 100 passing attempts in this year's playoffs.  Amazing considering he was going up against a few pretty good DEs.

Sherman had five passes to defend in the SB.  All five were completed and Watkins really schooled him in the lead taking drive.  Great Watkins or overrated Sherman?

Reid easily outcoached  Kyle.  The three "big" plays on offense in the fourth quarter were all perfect calls based on SFO tendencies and on the unworldly abilities of Mahomes and the skill players on offense.  The Niners fans are whining about how Kyle blew the game, but Reid, Pat, Hill, Sammy, Damien, and Sausage took what was available and played it perfectly. 

Scwartz is an all pro. Not too surprising.

So many ways to slice and dice the SB and look at it. I mean the Niners actually were a higher scoring team during the regular season. Holding them to 20 points? Kudos to Spags for what he was able to do this year. Get that man a stud LB please!

As for Whiner fans...all I heard prior to the SB was how much a genius Rat Jr. was...best young coach in football. How their defense was the best in 10 years. How their run game was going to roll us. How physical their team was. And now they act like the Chiefs didnt win but they blew it! How is it possible for "the best" young coach to do that? I also heard if we were down 2 scores or more in the 2nd half it was impossible for the Chiefs to win.😀

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How many times have I heard that reversed in here? Chiefs blew that game or the Chiefs choked. It's a fans reaction to their team losing a game they probably shouldn't have. 

If we are honest this is true.  And if I’m being honest they did blow that game.  I’m not saying the were better, more talented or whatever but when your up ten in the 4th you gotta close that out and they didn’t.   Kudos to our team who got the job done in historic fashion.   If those jokers think they are comin  back stronger and the chiefs weaker then they have another thing coming.  I fully expect our team to be better even with the chance of losing some of our big names.   Our defense will continue to get more confortable and Pat will only get better with more experience.   Fact is they had their best chance this year and blew it, they pulled an old school chiefs move and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How many times have I heard that reversed in here? Chiefs blew that game or the Chiefs choked. It's a fans reaction to their team losing a game they probably shouldn't have. 

The part that gets me is how not a single person has touched on this- this is what the chiefs offense does to you, it makes you freak out, and change what you do! They saw the train coming and it forced them to do stupid things. Happens in every single game they play. 

I echo what Calli mentioned. The Chiefs offense has done that to a lot of teams, including the Patriots who, until recently;  had the most success against them. 

Another thing people didn't think about is, the Chiefs defense was only ranked lower in yards allowed compared to the Niners (17 vs. 2).  Every talking point was spinned to make the Niners defense look like it was all world. 

They used the higher of the two numbers, which was yards allowed, and never talked about points allowed. As most of us know, the Chiefs were 7th in points allowed vs. the niners 8th. 

The Chiefs were just a much better team this this year, and is wasn't just the offense. 

The reason we won is simple. SF is a running team. Just like Tenn.

Our offense took the lead and forced SF to throw the ball. It allowed our DL to pin their ears and bull-rush, and for Spags to dial up some blitzes. 

We all knew the recipe for beating SF. Get them to throw and put the ball in Garafalo's hands.

Even after two uncharacteristic and untimely INTs, the game was always within reach. Andy played it to perfection.

These super heavy running teams are a reaction to the lighter back 7's teams are running to combat the pass happy trend.  It will pass (pun intended).  None of them have won the Superbowl and I'm not sure any will.  Championships tend to come down lately to offensively leaning teams with Great (not just Good) QBs and ok to good defenses.

Recent superbowl champions and their DVOA rankings:

2020 KC - 14th in defensive DVOA, 3rd in offensive DVOA

2019 NE - 16th in defensive DVOA, 5th in offensive DVOA

2018 Philly - 5th in defensive DVOA, 8th in offensive DVOA

2017 NE - 16th in defensive DVOA, 2nd in offensive DVOA

2016 Den - 1st in defensive DVOA, 25th in offensive DVOA (outlier, remember Manning was hurt then came back for the playoffs.  The Brock Osweiler Experience ran the last half season or so after KC murdered Manning)

2015 - NE - 12th in defensive DVOA, 6th in offensive DVOA.

Chris Simms has a video on youtube that goes into the Chiefs three big offensive plays in the fourth quarter.  It wasn't the Chiefs getting lucky on a few play calls.  Reid just out coached Kyle and the Niner defense had no way of stopping the plays.  On the third and fifteen, every SFO player did what he was supposed to do in that situation and they were still doomed to give up the big play.  If Mahomes was given time with his 12 step drop, if Hill is as fast as we know he is, if Mahomes can throw a ball 50+ yards off the wrong foot, and if SFO plays the defense against the Chiefs offense that Reid knew they would,  then the chiefs were unstoppable.  Pretty much the same on the Watkins catch over Sherman, and the Williams game clenching run although the SFO OLB could have played it better to hold Williams to a probable first down.  Reid coached lights out.  Except for a couple of errant throws by Mahomes in the third quarter, the Chiefs were just the better team. 

12 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

The 49ers went away from what got them there down the stretch and to me that is a choke on the part of their coaching staff. That said Andy Reid made a living this year out of getting coaches to do the same. He was simply brilliant with a bigger vision and more conviction on how to pull it off than anyone else in the business this year.  

On 2/6/2020 at 3:26 PM, jetlord said:

I thought it interesting that Schwartz was the most efficient Chiefs player in the playoffs.  Zero sacks allowed.  Zero QB hits allowed.  Two pressures.  All that in 100 passing attempts in this year's playoffs.  Amazing considering he was going up against a few pretty good DEs.

11 hours ago, jetlord said:

Chris Simms has a video on youtube that goes into the Chiefs three big offensive plays in the fourth quarter.  It wasn't the Chiefs getting lucky on a few play calls. 

*Snip*

Reid coached lights out.  Except for a couple of errant throws by Mahomes in the third quarter, the Chiefs were just the better team. 

One thing you guys should look for....There is a video out there that I saw that was super illuminating.

Let me take you back....The Chiefs had just "completed"  the 2nd and 15 to Hill.  SF ask for a review.  Mahomes could see that it was going to be ruled incomplete while he was

talking to Eric B.  on the sidelines......Mahomes asked "Do we have time to run Wasp"....he was asking if the line could protect him for a 4 second pass play.  EB asked the Chiefs coaches upstairs if they had time....seconds later, EB said, yes.  So, after the overturn, Mahomes goes to the huddle and and calls WASP....

The video then shows the last time the Chiefs ran WASP and it was against the Pats in the 2018 AFC Championship. 

The video then goes thru the play and shows his 14 yd drop back....Mahomes actually threw the ball 65 yds for a 44 yd completion....

Just AMAZING.....

So it was not Andy Reid...Mahomes called Wasp and he put the ball out where he thought Hill would be....

w

57 minutes ago, West said:

One thing you guys should look for....There is a video out there that I saw that was super illuminating.

Let me take you back....The Chiefs had just "completed"  the 2nd and 15 to Hill.  SF ask for a review.  Mahomes could see that it was going to be ruled incomplete while he was

talking to Eric B.  on the sidelines......Mahomes asked "Do we have time to run Wasp"....he was asking if the line could protect him for a 4 second pass play.  EB asked the Chiefs coaches upstairs if they had time....seconds later, EB said, yes.  So, after the overturn, Mahomes goes to the huddle and and calls WASP....

The video then shows the last time the Chiefs ran WASP and it was against the Pats in the 2018 AFC Championship. 

The video then goes thru the play and shows his 14 yd drop back....Mahomes actually threw the ball 65 yds for a 44 yd completion....

Just AMAZING.....

So it was not Andy Reid...Mahomes called Wasp and he put the ball out where he thought Hill would be....

w

This sequence was really amazing (the video is actually posted in another string somewhere).  Love how they show it against NE and their corners basically just said great route. It was the perfect call at the perfect time. Imagine how many teams would have the cajones to call a 50 yard pass in that situation.  

5 hours ago, xen said:

That's the video I was referring to.  Watched it several times and am still amazed at how well everything worked.  Was SFO too predictable?  Probably.  The main takeaway from this game is that it's one the Chiefs would have lost in the past.  Previous Ds wouldn't have held a good SFO offense scoreless through the fourth quarter after the interceptions and especially after the Chiefs took the lead with over two minutes left.  Hats off the the coaching staff on both sides of the ball and to Andy and EB for letting Mahomes lobby for the "Wasp". 

The narrative was great because the play and the routes put the CB in a position that if he made the moves HE WAS COACHED to do, he was making the wrong choice.

Brilliant plat design, amazing QB for knowing the situation and then EXECUTING.....

Also, Tyreek is the #1 WR in the NFL.  He changes absolutely everything.

I love Sammie Watkins as well....The dude is a big game baller.

w

4 hours ago, West said:

The narrative was great because the play and the routes put the CB in a position that if he made the moves HE WAS COACHED to do, he was making the wrong choice.

Brilliant plat design, amazing QB for knowing the situation and then EXECUTING.....

Also, Tyreek is the #1 WR in the NFL.  He changes absolutely everything.

I love Sammie Watkins as well....The dude is a big game baller.

w

I'd like to see Mecole in the slot too... good lord they have some blazers out there

On 2/8/2020 at 2:53 PM, jetlord said:

That's the video I was referring to.  Watched it several times and am still amazed at how well everything worked.  Was SFO too predictable?  Probably.  The main takeaway from this game is that it's one the Chiefs would have lost in the past.  Previous Ds wouldn't have held a good SFO offense scoreless through the fourth quarter after the interceptions and especially after the Chiefs took the lead with over two minutes left.  Hats off the the coaching staff on both sides of the ball and to Andy and EB for letting Mahomes lobby for the "Wasp". 

I've watched that several times also. Loved Chris Simms breakdowns, and have been liking it all season.