A few interesting SB facts.

21 hours ago, SEMO said:

I like Mecole.  But, I think he has a long way to go yet.  

No doubt he's got to work on his routes but we've watched Tyreek blossom into a great route runner.  Mecole needs to live in Tyreeks back pocket this offseason.  

The basic ingredients are there though.  

46 minutes ago, xen said:

No doubt he's got to work on his routes but we've watched Tyreek blossom into a great route runner.  Mecole needs to live in Tyreeks back pocket this offseason.  

Yep.  That was my point.  Reminded me a lot of Tyreek’s first year.

5 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Yep.  That was my point.  Reminded me a lot of Tyreek’s first year.

I will say he's more advanced as a WR than Tyreek was his first year.

I honestly think we might trade Sammy if he doesn't restructure.  Not to go all Balto on y'all but WR is ridiculously deep in this draft.

15 hours ago, xen said:

I will say he's more advanced as a WR than Tyreek was his first year.

I honestly think we might trade Sammy if he doesn't restructure.  Not to go all Balto on y'all but WR is ridiculously deep in this draft.

How are you gonna trade Sammy Watkins and his 21 million dollar one year contract?

3 hours ago, reesebobby said:

How are you gonna trade Sammy Watkins and his 21 million dollar one year contract?

The owners want to expand the season.  One of the bennies they're offering is an increase to the cash and cap floors and possibly making it more player friendly than the current 3 year average.  If that goes through there will be some teams scrambling to spend some cash.

Plus teams like players from a superbowl champ.

Plus you can make trades contingent on the player agreeing to a new contract.

Plus he's a good player.  Just cause he's our 4th option doesn't mean he's not a baller.

3 hours ago, azchief21 said:

Tyreek had Alex throwing to him in his 1st year. He averaged like 9 yds/catch. We were dink and dunk. AA couldn't reach him.

Yeah but he only ran a few different routes that first year.  His tree was limited.  The jump in his second year was noticeable.

1 hour ago, xen said:

The owners want to expand the season.  One of the bennies they're offering is an increase to the cash and cap floors and possibly making it more player friendly than the current 3 year average.  If that goes through there will be some teams scrambling to spend some cash.

Plus he's a good player.  Just cause he's our 4th option doesn't mean he's not a baller.

That's a lot of pluses there for nothing set yet. Is this one of those Math Common Core problems? God I hate that shit.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

I suppose.  But I think it's highly likely we trade him.  I think he either restructures or is cut.  Luckily for you I am wrong a lot. 

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That's a lot of pluses there for nothing set yet. Is this one of those Math Common Core problems? God I hate thst shit.

Didn't say it was likely.  Just said we might.  Not sure how likely it is.  Would be nice if he restructures, but not counting on it.  We like to bag on his salary but the truth is, if he hits free agency he will likely get paid with a capital P.  WR salaries got reset since last time he was on the market.  

On 2/10/2020 at 5:05 PM, xen said:

Any chance that Mercole and Mahomes get together this winter and spring to play catch on a regular basis?  Mahomes did that with several receivers last year I believe. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Any chance that Mercole and Mahomes get together this winter and spring to play catch on a regular basis?  Mahomes did that with several receivers last year I believe. 

Mahomes did that with almost all the receivers last year including Mecole.  You can bet they'll spend as much time or more this year.  Hell they all vacationed together right before camp and were training on the beach.  This is a tight group.  Dieter trained a lot with Reek last year with the private coach he hires.  Hopefully Mecole hops on that train.

6 hours ago, xen said:

Mahomes did that with almost all the receivers last year including Mecole.  You can bet they'll spend as much time or more this year.  Hell they all vacationed together right before camp and were training on the beach.  This is a tight group.  Dieter trained a lot with Reek last year with the private coach he hires.  Hopefully Mecole hops on that train.

He’s headed to Dallas to workout with Dez and Pat.