I'm still amazed at the following stats:

• We've never lost by more than 7 with PM2
  • We've had the lead at some point in every single game he's ever played in, win (obviously) but also all the losses too
  • Never lost in the playoffs in regulation

Let's review all ten losses that the Chiefs have had in reverse order since Pat first started the regular season finale against Denver:

• 2019 season:
    • @ TEN:  First game back from injury (some people said he still looked injured/rusty, I didn't feel that way, but just pointing it out), put up 32, team left lots of points on the board, defense gave up a lead, drove us for the game-tying FG that got blocked
    • vs. GB:  Pat didn't play
    • vs. HOU:  Mid-game injury
    • vs. IND:  Mid-game injury
  • 2018 season:
    • vs. NE:  took multiple leads in the 4th, drove for game-tying FG, didn't get a chance to have the ball in OT
    • @ SEA:  defense didn't keep SEA in check, probably the game we were "in" the least over the last two years but it was still one score for most of the 4th (and the final score as well)
    • vs. SD:  defense gave up a big lead, team had a bad 3 and out when they could have salted it away due to poorly executed run and pressure on Pat
    • @ LAR:  put up 51, had the lead in the 4th, defense gave it up, he did have the ball a couple of times but threw some deep INTs
    • @ NE:  grabbed the lead in the 4th, defense gave it up, didn't get the ball
  • 2017 season:
    • vs. TEN:  just pointing out this playoff disaster under Alex was technically after Pat had started a game for us

I know most of you can recite these by heart.  But the point is, since he started that one game:

• Team is 29-10
  • Two of 10 losses he didn't even play
  • 2 or 3 of the 8 losses he played in he was injured (@ TEN is the debatable one but let's call it healthy)
  • Never put up fewer than 28 in a healthy loss
  • 4 of those 6 healthy losses were totally on the D/ST in literally the final seconds
  • 2 other losses where maybe he made some mistakes he still put up 51 and 31, so it's still on the defense
  • In the game in the 4th quarter every single time, healthy or not

And now, the REAL point:

Are we ever going to truly have a bad loss when he's healthy?  It's amazing we've never seen that through two years.  Makes me wonder if we can truly pull off something special over the next few years.

Really the only "bad" loss of Pat's career is the Colts game this year.  Every other loss was to a playoff team.  I think you also have to give some credit to Andy.  They didn't really have too many "bad" losses where the team just lost focus against a bad team or got blown out by a good team even with Alex.  They are very professional in their approach every week.  It's reflected in the 4 straight division titles and the dominance of the division games for so long. 

Most teams shit the bed at some point throughout the season.  Patriots/Dolphins for example.  49ers/Falcons.  We just don't do that very often. 

32 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Really the only "bad" loss of Pat's career is the Colts game this year.  Every other loss was to a playoff team.  I think you also have to give some credit to Andy.  They didn't really have too many "bad" losses where the team just lost focus against a bad team or got blown out by a good team even with Alex.  They are very professional in their approach every week.  It's reflected in the 4 straight division titles and the dominance of the division games for so long. 

Well again I think aggravating the ankle seemed very significant in the Colts game.  To me, he looked more hobbled in that game, post-injury, than in the Jaguars or Texans games (he looked hobbled to me in those as well).  And I don't think the loss is that bad based on the quality of the Colts, they were playing pretty well earlier in the season before they had their own injury troubles.

Good point about Andy, and his overall preparation of the team might be a bigger factor than just Pat with regard to keeping losses close.  But the last time we lost by double digits was to Dallas in 2017, halfway through Alex's final season (the "Hill Mary" game).  So I think the fact that we've gone too full seasons without losing like that says a lot about Pat.

12 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Well again I think aggravating the ankle seemed very significant in the Colts game.  To me, he looked more hobbled in that game, post-injury, than in the Jaguars or Texans games (he looked hobbled to me in those as well).  And I don't think the loss is that bad based on the quality of the Colts, they were playing pretty well earlier in the season before they had their own injury troubles.

Good point about Andy, and his overall preparation of the team might be a bigger factor than just Pat with regard to keeping losses close.  But the last time we lost by double digits was to Dallas in 2017, halfway through Alex's final season (the "Hill Mary" game).  So I think the fact that we've gone too full seasons without losing like that says a lot about Pat.

Well I put bad in "quotations".  Hill was out and so was Sammy.  Pat was hobbled.  Still, for the team it was a home loss to a 7-9 team.  It's the closest thing to a bad loss we've had with Pat. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

Well I put bad in "quotations".  Hill was out and so was Sammy.  Pat was hobbled.  Still, for the team it was a home loss to a 7-9 team.  It's the closest thing to a bad loss we've had with Pat. 

I think it's more relevant that they got to 5-2 (beating us as a part of a 3 game winning streak) than that they finished 7-9.  Just picking nits here.

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I think it's more relevant that they got to 5-2 (beating us as a part of a 3 game winning streak) than that they finished 7-9.  Just picking nits here.

I can dig it.   I'm on your team with this.  I was pointing out that in two years we have one loss to a non playoff team.  It's the closest thing we have to a "bad" loss  (although the Titans loss seemed like a bad loss at the time also) and nothing at all comparable to the Pats and their perfect coach losing a must win at home to the Dolphins.  We just been complete professionals week in and week out.  There's been really no games where we just phoned it in. I think that's the leadership of Pat (and also Alex) combined with Andy's steady hand on the wheel.   

I wonder if this is how the Bronco Fans Felt watching Elway?

I wonder if this is how Dolphin Fans felt watching Marino?

Colts Fans felt watching Manning?

Pretty amazing to me....for 50 years I have been ruled by superstition, not do's on game day...Who would have thought is was all about having great players???

w