Everyone talking about Jones, Mahomie, and Watkins, what about.....

Andy!  All this great success we are having is fun and I love it.  BUT!!!  How much longer does he want to coach.  I don't know where I saw it or if anyone else caught it but he said something to the effect of "let's do this one more time".  Is he thinking of retiring soon?  He is 61.  I think he is the key to this whole thing.

Reid will coach i bet for another 7 years. If he is winning SB still i can see him for 10 more years. I do think if he wins a 2 or the next 5 years he will go for a 4th or 5th ring and retire then.

I can see him though first setting up his coaches and an apparent heir to coach us from there with a good team in place already. Would Bienemy stay that long and learn with an increased role and pay knowing he is going to get it?

I think he coaches throughout his current contract but not sure if he finishes another one. Health is always the key and spending so much time on work is probably an issue going forward especially with his weight. I think he retires with at least 3 SBs which should cement him in a decent spot for the future generations and could go for more depending on how well the contracts are managed. 

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Andy!  All this great success we are having is fun and I love it.  BUT!!!  How much longer does he want to coach.  I don't know where I saw it or if anyone else caught it but he said something to the effect of "let's do this one more time".  Is he thinking of retiring soon?  He is 61.  I think he is the key to this whole thing.

I'm really sure he was just saying "let's win another one," like Tyreek predicted they would be back.  I don't think it was at all about retiring.

Andy seems like a football lifer to me.  As long as his health and mind hold up, and as long as he's successful enough for us to want to keep him, I expect him to coach until he's at least 70.  Now the former things are some arguably big ifs.  I think the latter is pretty much guaranteed as long as Mahomes is healthy.

If he is near the end then Bieniemy seems like an obvious candidate.  Maybe it's worked out for him that he hasn't received any offers.  It would be great to just promote him.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he coaches until he literally falls over dead during a game.  

Not judging....but wouldn’t you think with the best equipment and training staff in the world at your disposal he would get his weight and overall health in check?  Just saying

15 minutes ago, Balto said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he coaches until he literally falls over dead during a game.  

Not judging....but wouldn’t you think with the best equipment and training staff in the world at your disposal he would get his weight and overall health in check?  Just saying

All the trainers and treadmills in the world couldn't make me give up burgers and beer. 

On 2/11/2020 at 8:44 PM, Balto said:

Favre was saying on the Superbowl watch party with him, Montana, and Breese that it would probably be a boring party that night, since Andy doesn’t drink alcohol.  Or, anything with caffeine.

Other than his weight, he is probably pretty healthy.  That being said, we all know that obesity can lead to a host of problems. 

I think he will coach until he drops.

Favre also said that Andy’s favorite curse is, son of a buck. 😂