Opponents set for 2020 season

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Man we better get ourselves a lot of Sunday and Monday night games and the rest of the time that primetime 4:30 CBS time slot.  I may end up getting away with not having to get the ticket...

IIRC correctly Pat is undefeated in that 3:00 PM Central time slot.  And 5-1 in other non-noon, non-TNF/SNF/MNF games (basically his playoff record).

On 2/13/2020 at 10:51 PM, Thegoatee said:

That Ravens game sounds like a late November early December Sunday Night game.

Hard to not think we’d win the division again at minimum. No top tier QBs to rival Mahomes. Maybe the AFC west will turn into the AFC East of the last two decades.

going to try to get tickets for that game, but the price is going to be higher than it was the last time the chiefs came to charm city

On 2/13/2020 at 11:05 AM, xen said:

Hoping some of our tough games get bunched up.  This early at least that looks like a fairly easy schedule for a first place team.  Be nice if they had a tough stretch later in the year to get playoff honed. 

Baltimore

Buffalo

Nawlins 

Patsies if Brady returns

Houston

Atlanta if they can get it together.

These are all tough games.

the road schedule is quite respectable

On 2/13/2020 at 10:12 AM, xen said:

Anybody think any of the Rest of the West gets it together?  Drew Lock looked pretty damn good late in the year.  Still kills me that the fucking Donkeys drafted him.

If you set the over/under for division losses for #15 over the next 5 years at 11, I'd take the under...jus sayin'

1 minute ago, Gil said:

If you set the over/under for division losses for #15 over the next 5 years at 11, I'd take the under...jus sayin'

We don't even have 11 division losses in Andy's 7 years here, right?  At lot can change in 5 years, but at the moment such a bet would be basically free money if anyone were offering it.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

We don't even have 11 division losses in Andy's 7 years here, right?  At lot can change in 5 years, but at the moment such a bet would be basically free money if anyone were offering it.

Long story short, we have no threat for the next 5 years

Just now, jetlord said:

You're probably right, but things change fast in the NFL.  Five years is an eternity. 

If 15 stays healthy he'll be in his prime and this cat is the truth. We saw what he did with one of the worst defenses in the league for 70% of his starts. Get used to cheering for a dynasty Jet.

The Saints and Pats games will depend some on their QB situation. Chargers won’t be as daunting without Rivers, even though he hurt them as often as he carried them. They are the only team in the West I think that can keep up with the Chiefs offensively. That will be tougher without Rivers, particularly if they start a rookie QB. I think the AFC is a two horse race with KC and Baltimore (unless Houston, Buffalo or Pittsburgh make a big step up). 

39 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

The Saints and Pats games will depend some on their QB situation. Chargers won’t be as daunting without Rivers, even though he hurt them as often as he carried them. They are the only team in the West I think that can keep up with the Chiefs offensively. That will be tougher without Rivers, particularly if they start a rookie QB. I think the AFC is a two horse race with KC and Baltimore (unless Houston, Buffalo or Pittsburgh make a big step up). 

hearing reports chargers may start tyrod taylor. who knows  it’s early but tyrod is not a bad QB. 

20 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

I think Houston takes a bunch of steps back now that BoB is the GM too....he's awful at both

Pitt has a 38 yr old QB with Little OFfensive talent around him. Aging Oline also.

Buffalo may continure to improve- depends on their offense.

I agree its KC and Baltimore as the favorites for AFC.

23 hours ago, Gil said:

Long story short, we have no threat for the next 5 years

Mahomes is 12-1 vs AFC West,  5-0 vs AFC North, 5-4  vs AFC South (3-0 in postseason), 1-2  vs AFC East.   The Patriots have pretty much been our only competition and we can see where they are heading. This conference is ours for the taking for the near future.  Just need to avoid big injuries. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Mahomes is 12-1 vs AFC West,  5-0 vs AFC North, 5-4  vs AFC South (3-0 in postseason), 1-2  vs AFC East.   The Patriots have pretty much been our only competition and we can see where they are heading. This conference is ours for the taking for the near future.  Just need to avoid big injuries. 

5-3 vs. AFC South I think

• 2018 regular season:  1-0 (JAX)
  • 2018 playoffs:  1-0 (IND)
  • 2019 regular season:  1-3 (JAX W, rest L)
  • 2019 playoffs:  2-0 (HOU, TEN)

Not sure where you're getting the 4th loss.

6 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

5-3 vs. AFC South I think

• 2018 regular season:  1-0 (JAX)
  • 2018 playoffs:  1-0 (IND)
  • 2019 regular season:  1-3 (JAX W, rest L)
  • 2019 playoffs:  2-0 (HOU, TEN)

Not sure where you're getting the 4th loss.

Nope. Your right 5-3 vs AFC South and those losses were clustered together around a banged up Mahomes/team. 

We’ve got no QB close to Mahomes level in the AFC and other than BB no coach better than Andy.  It’s just an ideal scenario for sustained January success.  All that said injuries can certainly derail anything as those South losses showed.