Dark Horse Chiefs Player for 2014 Season

If he stays healthy I can see it being Kelce. 

Abdullah, Commings, Parker I think will surprise some people. 

Even Marcus Cooper, he had a good first year(minus Manning and Rivers) and I think he will make a big jump this year.

It's quite possible.  Succop along with Daniels could end up being cut.   I think they said that will free up another 6 mil.

That would only free up about 2.4

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/cap/

Succop- 2.7 million cap hit---1.7 million dead money- 1 million saving

Daniel- 3.4 million cap hit----2.0 million dead money- 1.4 million saving

Allen Bailey.

I really have been disappointed he hasn't shown more thus far.  Hopefully the added weight makes a difference.  To run a 34 these days, you must get a pass rush from at least one of the ends.  See J.J. Watt, Calais Campbell,  Cam Jordan, Muhammad Wilkerson, etc.

I would really like to say Commings but the fool now has a foot injury that is holding him out.   I am not ready to pencil him in as our Boomer Grigsby for 2014 yet but I'm simply going by what I have read and not what I have seen.

Offense: Frankie Hammond Jr. - WR

From what I've read, he's doing quite well in training camp. He was a cut at the end of camp last year as an UDFA, but he has the build and speed to man the slot. I think he could make the team and surprise.

Defense: Mike Catapano - DE

Great work ethic last year and saw the field some. Heard he had a great offseason, and no negatives so far in camp. Could push for serious time at DE.

You know, everyone, this is a lot of names.  A lot of good possiblities.  This many predictions of breakthrough or excellence by so many young guys sure seems to bode well for the future, even if only four of so of them end up being major contributors.  I am going with Kelce as the biggest boost on offense, along with Zach Fulton.  We are going to ambush some teams that the national sports "experts" are penciling us in as losers to this season.  Probably that will happen more often that losses that are unexpected due due to inexperience. 

You know, everyone, this is a lot of names.  A lot of good possiblities.  This many predictions of breakthrough or excellence by so many young guys sure seems to bode well for the future, even if only four of so of them end up being major contributors.  I am going with Kelce as the biggest boost on offense, along with Zach Fulton.  We are going to ambush some teams that the national sports "experts" are penciling us in as losers to this season.  Probably that will happen more often that losses that are unexpected due due to inexperience. 

It highlights how many rosters spots are reliant on unproven players making a contribution.  Far too many to think the Chiefs will be a playoff competitor.

Archived