Thursday Night Home Opener

23 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Won't happen. The Chiefs have NEVER opened at home against Denver. Opened at home against every AFC West team past and current, i.e. Seattle, but never against Denver. However, Denver has hosted the Chiefs before on opening day.

I wrote the NFL about this and of course it fell on deaf ears.

This season was like the first time in 10 years Denver opened on the road.

On 2/13/2020 at 1:09 PM, WichitaZRide said:

So USUALLY the winner of the Super Bowl gets to open the season at home on Thursday night and they always try to make it a good game.  Anyone wanna speculate on who its gonna be against?  Here's the options:

Broncos

Chargers

Falcons

Jets

Panthers

Patriots

Raiders

Texans

I basically have two guesses.  If Tom Brady is on any of these teams, it will be that team.  Otherwise I'm guessing the Texans. What say you, members of the group?

IMO it will be the Patriots or Texans.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 3:38 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Won't happen. The Chiefs have NEVER opened at home against Denver. Opened at home against every AFC West team past and current, i.e. Seattle, but never against Denver. However, Denver has hosted the Chiefs before on opening day.

I wrote the NFL about this and of course it fell on deaf ears.

So this is technically Wrong.  Their home opener has been against Denver times:

Yes, these didn't come in week 1, but they are still home openers.  I get it though, but if the league is fair and rotates then there would still only be 30 opportunities in the teams history to open against them.

It is peculiar though, As they've home opened against the Raiders 10 times and the Chargers 9 times. 

59 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

So this is technically Wrong.  Their home opener has been against Denver times:

Yes, these didn't come in week 1, but they are still home openers.  I get it though, but if the league is fair and rotates then there would still only be 30 opportunities in the teams history to open against them.

It is peculiar though, As they've home opened against the Raiders 10 times and the Chargers 9 times. 

Well done.