Josh Norman

Breeland is gonna get 10 million per and Fuller will probably get 8 million per.  I'm not sure PP is the same player as before the PED suspension and he's expensive.  Harris can't afford a one year deal because if he struggles at all, he's on the wrong side of 30.   IMO its Breeland for familiarity or go hard after James Bradbury.  

On 2/15/2020 at 11:59 AM, SarcasticOne said:

Considering we are looking at losing Chris Jones and that we could easily lose both Breeland and Fuller to free agency, where are we going to get the money to pay Patrick Peterson? 

Well if we lose Jones....we have enough cap for everyone.

Id say we keep Jones, resign Breeland and trade for Peterson.  Peterson would only cost us about $11M this year and about $7M next year but I’d look at extending him long term.

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Breeland is gonna get 10 million per and Fuller will probably get 8 million per.  I'm not sure PP is the same player as before the PED suspension and he's expensive.  Harris can't afford a one year deal because if he struggles at all, he's on the wrong side of 30.   IMO its Breeland for familiarity or go hard after James Bradbury.  

Ok forget Breeland if he wants $10M

9 hours ago, oldtimer said:

you two need to get a life if something that trivial  compels you to comment. Is  the 32 pick really head and shoulders about the 33rd or even  34th pick ??.. I think not but the 33rd does come at about  a $2.5 Mil savings over the 32 pick. Personally I'd take the 33 & 34 pick over the 31&32

Yep that was kinda my point OT... the drop-off between pick #32 and #34 is probably not measurable... at that point it's all about evaluating talent and the best fit

6 hours ago, Calichief said:

I agree, but they won’t be able to. Breeland is going to get paid. Fuller is young and going to get paid. We need to pay Ward and keep Fenton. 

Sure......... yet all the other guys mentioned to replace them are also going to get paid?

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I would be shocked if Breeland gets 10 mil a year, I think 10 mil over 2 years is a stretch. I would guess he gets 8 mil over 2 years with say 5 of that guaranteed 

Just wait and see.  He had a pff grade of 76.6 in the playoffs.  He's gonna get paid.  No way is he getting less than 8 million per year.

14 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Yeah I guess it must come as a shock to you that an extra year of player control isn't trivial to other people. This is another reason why teams try to trade back into rd 1 when they see a player they covet, which could be a huge bargaining chip.

That's exactly how Baltimore obtained the pick they used to draft the league MVP. So no, the difference between those picks isnt as small as you make it sound.

I think #32 is the best pick to draft a development QB who isn't solid enough already for a 1st round pick. That extra year is way too valuable in such scenarios and I wouldn't be surprised if the #32 or #31 pick gets that treatment going forward.

If Queen, Murray, Danzler are on the board I think we draft at 32, but if not the best option would be trade back a few picks and get another 4th or 5th.  

The way Veach and co have drafted they seem to do well in those mid rounds and we need young cheap talent on this team.

11 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Just wait and see.  He had a pff grade of 76.6 in the playoffs.  He's gonna get paid.  No way is he getting less than 8 million per year.

Every year I'm shocked at the contracts some these average to good players get on the open market.

I'd love for the Chiefs to be able to keep Fuller and Breeland, but my guess is we'll all be shocked to see what they get in free agency.

13 hours ago, Gil said:

I didn't read through the thread cuz time.

We need a man cover guy. Norman aint it.

Disagree.  They'll spend a lot more time in zone.  They just need man skills for the matchup zones and those times Spags is mixing it up. 

But agreed, whatever we need, Norman ain't it.  Definitely did not earn that 75 mil contract with Washington.  Average grade rank in the 30's the last 4 years with a top 5 contract.

9 minutes ago, xen said:

Disagree.  They'll spend a lot more time in zone.  They just need man skills for the matchup zones and those times Spags is mixing it up. 

But agreed, whatever we need, Norman ain't it.  Definitely did not earn that 75 mil contract with Washington.  Average grade rank in the 30's the last 4 years with a top 5 contract.

Yeah but what if we bring norman in for 2 years paying him to be the 50th highest payed cb and he performs like the 30th best, suddenly we are talking. Same goes for someone like janoris jenkins when he gets cut

14 hours ago, Calichief said:

Ward and Fenton will be much cheaper than what breeland gets 

I'll be very surprised if Ward ultimately doesn't get more than Breeland. But we don't have to deal with that one quite yet. Right now everything hinges on Jones. 

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I prefer fenton over fuller in the slot, didn’t think fenton played bad at cb either

Fuller immediately got his starting position in the slot back when he returned from his broken thumb. So Spags doesn't agree with you. Plus Fuller can play safety. He's the guy I'd keep. And he's only 24. 

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

So Fenton is the starter?  He looked good but not so sure? 

He played about half the snaps when Fuller was out. Then went back to playing very little until Thornhill got hurt and Fuller had to play a lot of safety. He was very solid for a late round rookie. But he was the 4th corner. If we sign Jones though who knows if any of the FA corners will be back. I do expect.a big haul of comp picks in 2021.  

5 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Our pass defense was capital-G Good with the guys we had.  We don't need top level CB talent to maintain that.  I'm open to resigning whoever comes at a reasonable price.  Anyone who wants to get paid is probably not for us, whether they are internal or external FAs.

For upside and value Fuller is probably the best option to keep. But I think both he and Breeland can get Steven Nelson type money  If we get a Jones deal done, neither may be reasonable affordable. In which case Fenton gets the slot and we draft a CB in the two rounds (seems likely regardless) and then try to find another Breeland type 1 year prove it deal. 
The injury to Thornhill and when they expect him back seems very important here too. 

36 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Fuller immediately got his starting position in the slot back when he returned from his broken thumb. So Spags doesn't agree with you. Plus Fuller can play safety. He's the guy I'd keep. And he's only 24. 

Spags also benched pennel for joey ivie vs the titans so even though im glad we have spags i wouldn’t take his opinions as gospel 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Spags also benched pennel for joey ivie vs the titans so even though im glad we have spags i wouldn’t take his opinions as gospel 

Seems to me that was a one-game mistake that he corrected immediately.  Not saying I would take Spags evaluations as perfect either, but I don't think that argument makes a lot of sense.